The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Joel Klatt back on that dust....

Klatt stay salty against Miami, he got a bias against us and everyone who pays attention knows why. That boy Beason took a piece of his soul and buried it in the old OB. Took him off his feet and straight took him to the shadow realm, just press play. :mjlol:He gonna hate on miami every chance he get til eternity.

Last edited:

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
***I spoke with a prominent NIL agent who works with several top players across college football this week. He had some interesting information on how different schools are doing things.

He said Georgia, Alabama, and Michigan are three top programs that will not go overboard with the NIL collectives to sign freshmen. They are much more modest in their approach because they can be.

He said Texas is probably the school right now that will pull out all the stops to make every key deal happen with their collective.

And to no surprise, Colorado’s NIL setup is probably the most unorthodox. They have committed millions to players for 2024 and are still trying to raise the money to make the deals happen.

They have a fundraiser working for their collective who is currently in Saudi Arabia, meeting with different people to come up with donations. Deion Sanders himself also is heavily involved in the fundraising efforts. He said their model in what they are doing is just not “sustainable.”

-Sean Callahan

Last edited:

vino

Superstar
Daps
This guy has Oklahoma fanbase stunned. I agree with the fanbase too because he has to be being fed NIL dreams. He looking for the highest bidder..:pachaha:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
He sawshyt don’t make no sense. Bama’s Goliath. The bully. Indestructible. They’re SEC! SEC! So much better than Michigan.

I’m sure they hired dude for his X’s and O’s tho. :sas2:
So insecure. Yall wish Rutgers and Iowa made the off so yall could just :takedat: easy. With no fight.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
This guy has Oklahoma fanbase stunned. I agree with the fanbase too because he has to be being fed NIL dreams. He looking for the highest bidder..:pachaha:

Here is what is rumored to have happened. CFB is in a crazy place, not sure how sustainable this is going to be long-term.

On “The Oklahoma Breakdown Podcast” with Gabe Ikard and Teddy Lehman, Ikard, who played at OU, is a member of the gameday radio crew and is frequently around the program, characterized Green’s decision as a blindside hit.

Ikard, however, revealed some unseemly details during his podcast.

Ikard said Green and his family met with OU’s NIL collective “and they had some demands … and the collective was willing to meet those demands.”

Ikard said after meeting with head coach Brent Venables, Green went back to the collective and said, “I’m not signing for less than X (undisclosed amount) … and the collective went, ‘OK,’ and discussed it, and they got to the dollar amount he asked for.”

But in the podcast that published on Wednesday, Ikard said while the team was practicing Tuesday afternoon, Green was seen by a team support staffer pushing a cart with his belongings out of Headington Hall – while his teammates were across the street practicing for the Alamo Bowl. Ikard said when the staffer asked Green what was going on, he replied, “You’ll have to talk to my dad.”

“This is how everything was relayed to me (from) people there were heavily involved in these conversations,” Ikard said.

On his podcast, Ikard emphasized the family part of it.

“There are other people more responsible for this than Cayden,” Ikard said.

“I promised I would not say the number, so I ain’t saying it. But what OU’s collective offered him, the number he asked for that they got to, the contract with that number on it they sent him, I believe it would quite possibly make him the highest-paid offensive guard in college football next year.”

“It’s a ton of money for one season for an offensive guard,” Ikard said. “Clearly there’s some other things going on here.”