The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
The notion of “we send kids to the league” I understand everyone isn’t for the nfl, but if you sending folks and they washing out in 3-4 years, you didn’t really send them, your system hid the fact that they could do one thing really well, i think of vinnie Sunseri dude was def playing good enough in hs to deserve a scholly but he ended up getting drafted and now another notch on Alabamas belt, but in reality he was a smart player that was too slow to really be a db, too little to be a lb but nick disguised him and allowed his intelligence to flourish, and there’s more, not just at Bama, but should we give this notion of they get drafted so freely away ?

I know folks rebuttal is their job is to get them to the league and the rest is on them, well then don’t apply the development tag to these coaches or schools If a lot of their prospects wash out in less than 5 years to me in my humble opinion, you should be able to do both, if you are just getting the biggest and best and make a tweek here and there but the minute they hit the league they fail there was no development you just got them a look

@Sauce Dab
@Silkk
@smitty22
@portcityplaya
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G
@Trust Me
@Trav
@O.iatlhawksfan
@Whips-n-Chains
@RammerJammer
@malbaker86
@invincible1914
@ReturnOfJudah
@Numpsay
@Woodwerkz
@Rigby.
@L. Deezy

I get what you’re saying but I think in the case of Alabama under Saban, they maximize a player’s potential which as a recruit, that’s what your want imo. So in the case of a Sunseri, he was never gonna be Ed Reed but he may have not been a 5th rounder anywhere else. Take Levi Wallace as well for example, now he didn’t get drafted but he was a walk on that became a major contributor at Alabama and is now starting in the NFL. Sure there instances with QBs and RBs here that were overrated because of OL and weapons but other positions, I just think they just ended up reaching there potential whether they became an all-pro or ended up out of the league in 5 years.

Last edited:

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The notion of “we send kids to the league” I understand everyone isn’t for the nfl, but if you sending folks and they washing out in 3-4 years, you didn’t really send them, your system hid the fact that they could do one thing really well, i think of vinnie Sunseri dude was def playing good enough in hs to deserve a scholly but he ended up getting drafted and now another notch on Alabamas belt, but in reality he was a smart player that was too slow to really be a db, too little to be a lb but nick disguised him and allowed his intelligence to flourish, and there’s more, not just at Bama, but should we give this notion of they get drafted so freely away ?

I know folks rebuttal is their job is to get them to the league and the rest is on them, well then don’t apply the development tag to these coaches or schools If a lot of their prospects wash out in less than 5 years to me in my humble opinion, you should be able to do both, if you are just getting the biggest and best and make a tweek here and there but the minute they hit the league they fail there was no development you just got them a look

@Sauce Dab
@Silkk
@smitty22
@portcityplaya
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G
@Trust Me
@Trav
@O.iatlhawksfan
@Whips-n-Chains
@RammerJammer
@malbaker86
@invincible1914
@ReturnOfJudah
@Numpsay
@Woodwerkz
@Rigby.
@L. Deezy
College coaches job is to get them there. Everything after that is on you and your NFL coaches

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU

@Sauce Dab
@Silkk
@smitty22
@portcityplaya
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G
@Trust Me
@Trav
@O.iatlhawksfan
@Whips-n-Chains
@RammerJammer
@malbaker86
@invincible1914
@ReturnOfJudah
@Numpsay
@Woodwerkz
@Rigby.
@L. Deezy
If a team can get me a look and a guaranteed couple of years of an NFL paycheck, I can't see why I would complain about that. Players can be held accountable. Teams have a limited amount of time to practice with them. They spend a lot of their spare time smoking weed and smashing hoes. You get back what you put in.

On a sidenote, I never understood why 5 star dbs would go to a Big 12 school.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
If a team can get me a look and a guaranteed couple of years of an NFL paycheck, I can't see why I would complain about that. Players can be held accountable. Teams have a limited amount of time to practice with them. They spend a lot of their spare time smoking weed and smashing hoes. You get back what you put in.

On a sidenote, I never understood why 5 star dbs would go to a Big 12 school.
It’s lots of players that smoke and drank and fukked ho’s, i don’t think it’s a squandered talent scenario always at play, and you can get a look from anywhere

Daps
Reppin
Chi
i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

I don’t believe with your Columbus level education you can divide

Like i said to one of these post, we watched a black man get his water cut off by a network of Jewish people, that’s frustrating that they have that power, it’s also wild many can do that to him, from owners to coaches, to front offices, to agents, to ad agencies to major corporations, not also ignoring the years of exploitation by Jewish people in positions of power

I’m sure no black UM players are willing to accept NIL money from Jewish owned business or Ross

And Isn’t Ross the biggest donor in the entire athletics dept history?

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
At some point the nfl teams have to be held accountable. Their scouts need to recognize those players flaws. Position coaches need to coach them up. Those school are gonna utilize those kids talents as it fit best for their team. Once they gone it’s solely on the nfl teams. So using the we put kids in the nfl is absolutely a legitimate argument to get kids to come to said school. Even if a player fizzles out after a couple years like a Denard Robinson for instance.
I think scouts are lazy and coaches rely on college hc to scout for them too often too, i understand they use the term, but i think we put too much into it and kids get swept up in that notion, (there’s no way to find out without direct conversations with past players, how much they actually learned) i have no doubt chase, and the bosa bro’s got coached, but these were nfl products just waiting to grow into their nfl ready bodies how many low 4 stars to 3 stars have you turned into gems, (even that you squint at because it’s one thing you have an athletic body and no body of work, or you are short or under weight etc)
This can work both ways. There are a number of Longhorns having better NFL careers than they did at UT. But the developmental tag when it comes to these coaching staffs is to get these kids drafted. Not sure you can place blame on what happens in the NFL on them. Yes some are overrated coming out of school, and never find a place in the NFL but I'm not sure where that blame should be placed.
It would take some research and questions but that’s why I’m posing it to get the conversation happening

Daps
Reppin
Chi

:mjlol:

Stand up lil nikka

Ross made the call 🤫🤫🤫🤫

If you want to grandstand about Jewish ppl, don’t backtrack, don’t go to UM of all schools, with a huge in-State Jewish contingent and a huge Jewish contingent from the East coast, don’t attend West Bloomfield HS, one of the largest Jewish populations in the Midwest….

Dude isn’t taking a stand against exploitation (neither is Kanye tbh)…he’s just retweeting dumbass takes from a dumbass individual who’s blaming the success of Jews for his own downward spiral.

I’m Muslim fwiw

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
At some point the nfl teams have to be held accountable. Their scouts need to recognize those players flaws. Position coaches need to coach them up. Those school are gonna utilize those kids talents as it fit best for their team. Once they gone it’s solely on the nfl teams. So using the we put kids in the nfl is absolutely a legitimate argument to get kids to come to said school. Even if a player fizzles out after a couple years like a Denard Robinson for instance.
Big facts. These scouts need to be held accountable. How many times are GM’s gonna draft a buckeye QB in the first, only to be scouting QB’s 20 months later.

Accountability is hella lacking. Good post @smitty22 :mjgrin:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
I get what you’re saying but I think in the case of Alabama under Saban, they maximize a player’s potential which as a recruit, that’s what your want imo. So in the case of a Sunseri, he was never gonna be Ed Reed but he may have not been a 5th rounder anywhere else. Take Levi Wallace as well for example, now he didn’t get drafted but he was a walk on that became a major contributor at Alabama and is now starting in the NFL. Sure there instances with QBs and RBs here that were overrated because of OL and weapons but other positions, I just think they just ended up reaching there potential whether they became an all-pro or ended up out of the league in 5 years.
I think this is ultimately the only thing we can kind of arrive at, without a lot of research, i think some coaches can turn shyt to sugar, but i also say if you are a 5 star and high 4 star you are supposed to get drafted

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Big facts. These scouts need to be held accountable. How many times are GM’s gonna draft a buckeye QB in the first, only to be scouting QB’s 20 months later.

Accountability is hella lacking. Good post @smitty22 :mjgrin:
I don’t think your OSU slander works here. Let me break it down for you.

Haskins (rip :thatsmyQuarterback: ) was clearly about to be the comeback player of the year this year and lead Pittsburgh to the playoffs. You can see how much their offense misses him.

Burrow is coming off a super bowl appearance.

Fields is a 1 man offense in Chicago

Stroud is the clear cut favorite for rookie of the year next year.

You have to come up with a better narrative than OSU quarterbacks. That’s long been outdated and proven false. :umadOh: