The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
IDK where this weird myth about Dan Mullen being a good coach came from.

Was it because he rode Dak to beat LSU and Auburn to get Miss State to #1 for a few weeks back in 2014? (With help from Ole Miss knocking off Bama early in the season).

He's never won a conference title and is a terrible head coach.

He's never won a conference title, much less a national title like Jimbo (and I hate Jimbo for the record and think he's an overrated bum. But he's way better than Mullen). Even Clay Helton has a P5 conference title.

He's okay as an offensive coordinator, but even there is very overrated.

Rode Urban Meyer's coat tails to get Tebow a heisman and then Brian Johnson's (to develop Trask in 2020), but really can't produce real qbs. None of his qb's get much NFL love, because his trash coaching. Also no real highly rated qb recruit ever wants to play for him.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Mike Leach and his tree is pretty deep in terms of making air raid popular. He coached Kingsbury and Harrell and they run his offense basically. He can take any scrub and have them put up big #s

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
IDK where this weird myth about Dan Mullen being a good coach came from.

Was it because he rode Dak to beat LSU and Auburn to get Miss State to #1 for a few weeks back in 2014?

He's never won a conference title and is a terrible head coach.

He's never won a conference title, much less a national title like Jimbo (and I hate Jimbo for the record and think he's an overrated bum. But he's way better than Mullen). Even Clay Helton has a P5 conference title.

He's okay as an offensive coordinator, but even there is very overrated.

Rode Urban Meyer's coat tails to get Tebow a heisman and then Brian Johnson's (to develop Trask in 2020), but really can't produce real qbs. None of his qb's get much NFL love, because his trash coaching. Also no real highly rated qb recruit ever wants to play for him.
He had Trask looking good. He was just a terrible fit at Florida. Same with Napier, he won't last long either. Expectations are just way too high there for any coach really

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
He had Trask looking good. He was just a terrible fit at Florida. Same with Napier, he won't last long either. Expectations are just way too high there for any coach really
That was Brian Johnson who had Trask looking good. He's coaching Hurts in Philly now.

Dan Mullen is a terrible fit for anywhere he goes.

Too soon to say about Napier.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother

does the alabama band still play c-murder? what does the band director even call the song to even have the band cue it up? actually, who was the band director and whose idea was it to even play this? i know their players get hype but that's some beats by the pound KLC shyt

i fukking hate it. why do the crowd appropriate random bama chants in the middle of a song by a new orleans artist?

outside the players, do everybody from the band to the crowd act oblivious and not realize the original lyrics for that song? don't get me wrong, that song is hype but i would expect a HBCU to play it, but then some big time school adopts it once the music is deemed trendy as a recruiting tool. i remember asking these questions on the rolltide reddit back in '14/'15 and they got mad at me because the comments thought it originated from their band and tried to brush it off as not a rap song, with a few exception of people yelling roll tide comments underneath the original c-murder music video

did some alabama admins get mad once they realized what song they were bopping to and have the band stop playing the song? I haven't heard the band play it recently

this rendition has no groove and is too fast

gucci mane is from alabama, play one of his songs...sometimes, i can't hear the original melody for the rendition of what the band comes up with

there's random gucci mane footage of him watching alabama football in the middle of rap sessions, make him a honorary captain or something for one of your games like how georgia invited ludacis to their spring game with his list of requests, lmao

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

does the alabama band still play c-murder? what does the band director even call the song to even have the band cue it up? actually, who was the band director and whose idea was it to even play this? i know their players get hype but that's some beats by the pound KLC shyt

i fukking hate it. why do the crowd appropriate random bama chants in the middle of a song by a new orleans artist?

outside the players, do everybody from the band to the crowd act oblivious and not realize the original lyrics for that song? don't get me wrong, that song is hype but i would expect a HBCU to play it, but then some big time school adopts it once the music is deemed trendy as a recruiting tool. i remember asking these questions on the rolltide reddit back in '14/'15 and they got mad at me because the comments thought it originated from their band and tried to brush it off as not a rap song, with a few exception of people yelling roll tide comments underneath the original c-murder music video

did some alabama admins get mad once they realized what song they were bopping to and have the band stop playing the song? I haven't heard the band play it recently

this rendition has no groove and is too fast

gucci mane is from alabama, play one of his songs...sometimes, i can't hear the original melody for the rendition of what the band comes up with

there's random gucci mane footage of him watching alabama football in the middle of rap sessions, make him a honorary captain or something for one of your games like how georgia invited ludacis to their spring game with his list of requests, lmao

Most white folks only hear this song when Bama plays it or if they’ve been to a mixed/black party, maybe a Greek step show (D9) we got bigger fish to fry, also the homie DJ Stickabush (went to my Undergrad up the street from Bama) used to DJ before the games to get the crowd hype too

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Explain Nick Fitzgerald

Explain what about Nick Fitzgerald? He was nothing special.

YearGames PlayedPassing CompletionsPassing AttemptsCompletion %YardsTDsINTs

His best year was 2016, a year where he padded his stats against South Alabama (which beat Miss State!), Umass, Samford (Which Mullen struggled to beat just like last year) and Miami Ohio (which Mullen struggled to beat). Fitz regressed big time in 2017, and actually did slightly better in 2018 when Moorhead coached him.

Mullen is a poor man's Jimbo Fisher. They're both overrated bums, but Jimbo had a legit good run at FSU before it fell apart. Mullen has never had anything close to that, and is a career 6-8 win coach who padded his win column at Miss State with cupcakes because their AD finally decided to start paying more for those smaller lower level programs to come to Starkville when he took over. Plus Jimbo can say that he actually beat Saban once. Mullen is like 0-13 against Nick. Lost to Ed Oregeron's 2 worst LSU teams as a double digit favorite two year straight. I don't know how anyone could seriously compare Dan Mullen's resume to Jimbo's. Honestly, it can be argued that Clay Helton has a more impressive resume than Dan, but I'm not going to go there.

Look at what Leach is doing at Miss State. In 3 years he's already had almost as many wins against ranked teams as Mullen had in 9. Dan Mullen is a fraud and has been exposed. That's why the only football related job he was linked to in the off-season was being an offensive analyst for Lake Oconee HS. He was never that good in the first place, but is now washed up.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

His best year was 2016, a year where he padded his stats against South Alabama (which beat Miss State!), Umass, Samford (Which Mullen struggled to beat just like last year) and Miami Ohio (which Mullen struggled to beat). Fitz regressed big time in 2017, and actually did slightly better in 2018 when Moorhead coached him.

Mullen is a poor man's Jimbo Fisher. They're both overrated bums, but Jimbo had a legit good run at FSU before it fell apart. Mullen has never had anything close to that, and is a career 6-8 win coach who padded his win column at Miss State with cupcakes because their AD finally decided to start paying more for those smaller lower level programs to come to Starkville when he took over. Plus Jimbo can say that he actually beat Saban once. Mullen is like 0-13 against Nick. Lost to Ed Oregeron's 2 worst LSU teams as a double digit favorite two year straight. I don't know how anyone could seriously compare Dan Mullen's resume to Jimbo's. Honestly, it can be argued that Clay Helton has a more impressive resume than Dan, but I'm not going to go there.

Look at what Leach is doing at Miss State. In 3 years he's already had almost as many wins against ranked teams as Mullen had in 9. Dan Mullen is a fraud and has been exposed. That's why the only football related job he was linked to in the off-season was being an offensive analyst for Lake Oconee HS. He was never that good in the first place, but is now washed up.
Fitzgerald broke Tim Tebow’s yardage record

And when Moorhead came in we found out that Fitzgerald prolly not even good enough to be a DII QB, yet Mullen got all that out of him

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps

And when Moorhead came in we found out that Fitzgerald prolly not even good enough to be a DII QB, yet Mullen got all that out of him
Emory Jones broke a bunch of Florida QB single game records against Samford last year (ones set by Heisman winners Tebow and Wuerffel).

Fitzgerald padded his stats that year against South Alabama (a game they lost), Umass, Samford (Which Mullen struggled to beat just like last year) and Miami Ohio.

Except for under Trask in 2020 and Dak in 2014 (which Brian Johnson was responsible for both), Mullen's offenses look good on paper (they get some yardage) but don't really put up points and can't win a lot of games. Remember how Mullen boasted about gaining more yards than Kentucky last year even though they only scored 13 points?

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
That’s a dumb ass article. They letting interns get a crack at it now? He’s gotten 10 QBs drafted to the league. 8 of them mf’s would’ve been playing arena football if they were coached by anyone else. He uses a ton of terminology they use in the league and they can get in front of a whiteboard and kill it. The QBs he’s had at A&M this year aren’t even ponder level of aight.
Who tf is these ten?? Winston was going wherever he landed, I’ll give him EJ, and Russ, i have not seen any of his qbs get in front of a white board and tear it up, the qbs he’s had at A&M have all been terrible, the more this unfolds the more i feel like saban probably kept him from over inflation of his genius and kept him grounded.

he’s got all the money, all Institutional alignment, all the control, and he can’t do shyt, so which is more likely the real Jimbo ?? The previous years or what he is today,

his offense is too rigid, and too much for the avg to above avg qb to read and react to

No one is talking about his offensive staff and pillaging anyone

He’s too stubborn to get out of his way, and shoot’s himself in the foot often
Dan Muller is a better coach than Jimbo is. Period.

He's also a better coach than Billy Napier. So unless Napier learns/grows over the next 2-3 years they fukked up.
200.gif

Not sure why Mullen doesn't take an NFL job since he hates recruiting
Because they will laugh him out the league with them concepts

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin

This nikka spittin
jay-z-headbob.gif

If that’s your best rebuttal, it’s ok to walk a take back bruh, it’s like you will twist and turn til the argument is something entirely different or it’s one point to several that go against your one

Mullen did work some miracles, but having Dak who could do all the things he wanted to do with his offense and a decent roster with a good DC helped a ton, but outside everything being ready made Mullen is ok, an avg coach above avg oc, and guess what that’s ok, because if he was that good, he’d still be at Florida, but he doesn’t recruit, he doesn’t politic, and makes stupid decisions in big games