Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
This shyt about to be worse than Johnny Manziel did Duke :pacspit:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Ohio State lost to Georgia because of bad coaching by Ohio State.

OSU was up 35-24 near the end of the 3rd quarter.

A touchdown would have made it 42-24, forcing Georgia to score 3 times in the 4th quarter to win the game. At that point the game would have been effectively over.

OSU has 1st and goal at the 10 yard line.

1st down: run for 3 yards
2nd down: incomplete pass
3rd down: incomplete pass
4th down: 25 yard field goal

For OSU to have a lead, and not forcefully pound the football inside the 10 yard line was silly. That was the opportunity for them to impose their will. Instead OSU got cute. OSU takes the field goal.

38-24 -- the game is still within 2 scores. That had to have been a massive boost for Georgia to know they were still in the game.

The other, more obvious blown opportunity was when OSU was up 38-35 with around 4 minutes left in the game.

OSU near the red zone.
1st down: Stroud runs for 5 yards. Ball on the 18.
2nd down: Stroud sacked for a loss of 12 yards.
I mean this is obviously HORRIFIC strategy by OSU. Second down and 5 ON THE 18 YARD LINE....and you run a pass play?

Why? Just why? There's 3:47 on the clock. Run the football, you morons. I mean I'm not here as some OSU fan boy. Running the ball is objectively the correct and obvious decision. You can shyt all over Ohio State's lack of execution but the coaches did seemingly everything in their power to blow this game.

I couldn't understand it.

OSU winds up taking a long field goal. 41-35. Georgia within 1 score and 2:40 to go down the field.
And there you go...

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I think Ohio State lost to Georgia because of bad coaching by Ohio State.

OSU was up 35-24 near the end of the 3rd quarter.

A touchdown would have made it 42-24, forcing Georgia to score 3 times in the 4th quarter to win the game. At that point the game would have been effectively over.

OSU has 1st and goal at the 10 yard line.

1st down: run for 3 yards
2nd down: incomplete pass
3rd down: incomplete pass
4th down: 25 yard field goal

For OSU to have a lead, and not forcefully pound the football inside the 10 yard line was silly. That was the opportunity for them to impose their will. Instead OSU got cute. OSU takes the field goal.

38-24 -- the game is still within 2 scores. That had to have been a massive boost for Georgia to know they were still in the game.

The other, more obvious blown opportunity was when OSU was up 38-35 with around 4 minutes left in the game.

OSU near the red zone.
1st down: Stround runs for 5 yards. Ball on the 18.
2nd down: Stroud sacked for a loss of 12 yards.
I mean this is obviously HORRIFIC strategy by OSU. Second down and 5 ON THE 18 YARD LINE....and you run a pass play?

Why? Just why? There's 3:47 on the clock. Run the football, you morons. I mean I'm not here as some OSU fan boy. Running the ball is objectively the correct and obvious decision. You can shyt all over Ohio State's lack of execution but the coaches did seemingly everything in their power to blow this game.

I couldn't understand it.

OSU winds up taking a long field goal. 41-35. Georgia within 1 score and 2:40 to go down the field.
And there you go...
Yeah but from a macro view they lost because their defense is awful.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but from a macro view they lost because their defense is awful.
More of a reason to run the football and control the time of possession.
If your defense is bad, keep your offense on the field, no?

I can't imagine that Nick Saban would have passed the ball on 2nd down like that. There was just too much risk. Interception...sack...botched snap...whatever.

Just awful coaching by OSU in my mind.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Real competition like Texas A&M? :whew:
USC would lose to them

Riley folds when he doesn’t have a blatant talent advantage

That’s the reason he ran to USC because OU was going to the SEC

I expect him to find a home in the ACC after getting smacked around in the b1g a few times

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
USC would lose to them

Riley folds when he doesn’t have a blatant talent advantage

That’s the reason he ran to USC because OU was going to the SEC

I expect him to find a home in the ACC after getting smacked around in the b1g a few times
Thats better than folding when you have a clear talent advantage :mjlol: