The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, you don’t red shirt him, he’s been a starter from day one, if anything you bring a veteran qb in to help him get acclimated to complexities of D1

If the endgame is to get him to the league, and to be in the heisman conversation, the path I presented maximizes those chances. He's in a situation where he doesn't need to rush his development. It isn't like his family needs the money.

I personally just think he's okay. I think he benefitted from his father specifically picking an OC that tailored to his strengths, as well as their opponents being outgunned. It won't be like that at the P5 level. There was a reason he was originally going to Florida Atlantic.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
OU should have tried to get Mordecai back. He could start next year, while Arnold gets acclimated.

DG is just garbage. There's just no way they can afford to have him out there again. Inaccurate passes, slow, self inflicted sacks, ect.
Yes they should have went after Mordecai but i don’t think he’s p5 status too

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DG is really just a hired gun until JA is ready, but I thought he played pretty good tonight compared to the rest of the season. As the game wore on tho our Oline struggled a bit and FSU just has better athletes on their Dline.

He holds the ball way too long tho.

Interesting that he broke all of Tua passing records in Hawaii, bc I don't see how.

If Brent wants to keep his job, he needs immediate improvement for the qb position.

It's funny how Evers left just to go to another loaded qb room. I understand why he did it, but nah I woulda went somewhere I could get playing time.

I'd go somewhere like Oklahoma State. They're always a QB a way from being a problem.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Nah, you don’t red shirt him, he’s been a starter from day one, if anything you bring a veteran qb in to help him get acclimated to complexities of D1
What if Sheduer struggles tho?

We're talking about a completely rebuilt team, new at every position pretty much. The unknown could be bad.

I guess he still has 2 years tho.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
If the endgame is to get him to the league, and to be in the heisman conversation, the path I presented maximizes those chances. He's in a situation where he doesn't need to rush his development. It isn't like his family needs the money.

I personally just think he's okay. I think he benefitted from his father specifically picking an OC that tailored to his strengths, as well as their opponents being outgunned. It won't be like that at the P5 level. There was a reason he was originally going to Florida Atlantic.
You don’t get better on the sideline, one qb and and a few others said likewise, it is what it is, he’s a sophomore you only work to get him better not sit him

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What if Sheduer struggles tho?

We're talking about a completely rebuilt team, new at every position pretty much. The unknown could be bad.

I guess he still has 2 years tho.

Each year matters. If he has a bad to mediocre junior year, he would have no choice to ball out his senior year.

You don’t get better on the sideline, one qb and and a few others said likewise, it is what it is, he’s a sophomore you only work to get him better not sit him

You can definitely benefit from sitting a year for the reasons I have stated. I am looking at this totally from a strategic standpoint, which is the way you have to move in college sports nowadays. The stake are too high to put yourself in a position where you can potentially look bad.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Anyone else think arch manning gonna pass ewers and be the starter next year for texas?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I think Prime should have went after Tanner Mordecai.

I think Shadeur should redshirt a year. The benefits are he gets acclimated to P5 football, stronger. one year knowing the offense. In addition, Colorado would even have more talent by the the time he starts.

However, we know that isn't going to happen. He's going in as the starting QB.

:mjlol:
Cameron ward went to a P5 this year and threw for 23 tds at washington state

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Each year matters. If he has a bad to mediocre junior year, he would have no choice to ball out his senior year.

You can definitely benefit from sitting a year for the reasons I have stated. I am looking at this totally from a strategic standpoint, which is the way you have to move in college sports nowadays. The stake are too high to put yourself in a position where you can potentially look bad.
You can look at it any way you want, that has literally never happened, so there that

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV

:ufdup: You watch ya step and ya mouf that’s my wolverine you talking bout
I think nikkas be hyping FBS defenses

I’ve seen enough of OU, Wake Forest, North Carolina, Tennessee and Oregon to kno nikkas ain’t playin defense like that

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
You're right.

Funny thing is, Mordecai has played under Lincoln Riley, Garrett Riley as OCs...so for him to go to Wisconsin is a bit strange in terms of style.

But yeah, Prime could def use a QB like that. Wouldn't hurt for Sheduer to sit and get accustomed to D1 speed.

We are going from a Pro Style to an Air Raid System. It's going to looking really, really weird for us... no more Barry ball.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can look at it any way you want, that has literally never happened, so there that

I know that it won't happen nygga. Nyggas don't know how to play the system to their benefit.

I said the same thing when Emoni Bates went to Memphis. He should have redshirted the first year. People were like nah, blah blah blah and his first year was dreadful.