The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl
I haven’t seen any wild meltdowns, everybody seems alright with their class

Maybe the playing field is being leveled after all
Our class is pretty good we just whiffed on a couple of big dogs. I can't get mad at our highest class average since Urban that includes a 5* QB and a blue-chip DT out of BAMA. Oregon and Bama killed it tho

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I haven’t seen any wild meltdowns, everybody seems alright with their class

Maybe the playing field is being leveled after all
MSU despite an abysmal season still brought in 10 4* players (more than the previous 3-4 classes combined). Only salt from me is the kid Reescano, RB from TX that decommitted and committed to Ole Piss. Jury still out on if Tuck can actually coach, but he's recruiting nationwide, brought in our highest ranked recruit since ~2017, brought in a 4* LB from IMG Academy, their only 3x captain ever, and the offer lists from our signees have a lot more Bama, OU, UF, OSU, type of offers where at the end of Dantonio it was more like CMU, WMU, Purdue, Iowa. We still missed out on just about all our highest targets but that's to be expected at this point in time, especially considering we only won 5 games. Grabbed solid portal guys, one a former 5* from A&M and another from FSU.

Just need DRASTIC improvements in our secondary, special teams, offense, D-Line, QB play, running game, LBs, and coaching and we'll be ok :sadcam:

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Oregon cheating
Woods flipped on them. Leaving them with a big wad of Nike money to throw around.

The way I see it... if you have to overspend to get them, you will have to overspend to keep them. Which is cool if you winning the chip, sad if Utah is winning the conference every year anyway.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
It worked last year when Caleb did it because he actually took a month before he committed.

Travis put that video out 2 days ago and then committed when everybody already knew his ass was in Colorado eating up their food and shyt. He aint create no damn spectacle :russ:
“Everybody Knew” but he gained 40k followers in 4hours …have you not been following his career since he committed to JSU

:dwillhuh:

Everything that they do is spectacle in the literal sense of the word …from his initial announcement to JSU ….to the documentaries …to the pre-commitment transfer video etc ..that content is not some accident.. Travis has 2x the amount of followers on IG than Caleb Williams yet Caleb has 4x the amount of post and Caleb is a Heisman winning quarterback from the university of southern cal & oklahoma …followers = marketing real estate …trust me brother I do branding for a living ..those nikkas understand how to brand build ..if your average coli poster don’t get it ..they just don’t get it ..but the reality will continue to play itself out

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Woods flipped on them. Leaving them with a big wad of Nike money to throw around.

The way I see it... if you have to overspend to get them, you will have to overspend to keep them. Which is cool if you winning the chip, sad if Utah is winning the conference every year anyway.
Ay man.. Oregon gonna be fine. Bringing up Utah?

I think the majority of our recruits before he got there were highly overated. We had 4 drafted pros and a bunch of underachievers from our previous coach. The quality has already gone up. This is a first year coach who had to throw a group together just to get on the field this past year in a short time. Same as yall.. outside of Trey Benson at Florida St, none of the transfers are doing shyt. The ones who stayed were basically mediocre like Justin Flowe. The whole we throwing money out is crazy. Everybody is. End of the day, you still gotta trust your future beyond college and they picked Lanning

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

We gotta get better in the front 7 on D and 5 big uglies on the O
“Everybody Knew” but he gained 40k followers in 4hours …have you not been following his career since he committed to JSU

:dwillhuh:

Everything that they do is spectacle in the literal sense of the word …from his initial announcement to JSU ….to the documentaries …to the pre-commitment transfer video etc ..that content is not some accident.. Travis has 2x the amount of followers on IG than Caleb Williams yet Caleb has 4x the amount of post and Caleb is a Heisman winning quarterback from the university of southern cal & oklahoma …followers = marketing real estate …trust me brother I do branding for a living ..those nikkas understand how to brand build ..if your average coli poster don’t get it ..they just don’t get it ..but the reality will continue to play itself out

It’s not just about the numbers of followers, it’s engagement, nikka can’t drop a post and it’s 10 likes and folks think he has a brand, but i get it, first thing first get the numbers then move on
Ay man.. Oregon gonna be fine. Bringing up Utah?

I think the majority of our recruits before he got there were highly overated. We had 4 drafted pros and a bunch of underachievers from our previous coach. The quality has already gone up. This is a first year coach who had to throw a group together just to get on the field this past year in a short time. Same as yall.. outside of Trey Benson at Florida St, none of the transfers are doing shyt. The ones who stayed were basically mediocre like Justin Flowe. The whole we throwing money out is crazy. Everybody is. End of the day, you still gotta trust your future beyond college and they picked Lanning
Some of those kids were good only in their ranking but not actual play, but we gotta get that D line together/ LB’s

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Some of those kids were good only in their ranking but not actual play, but we gotta get that D line together/ LB’s
Right..

Like Noah Sewell from Cristobal era.. To me, he was brought in because of Penei. How you think a 6'1 260 LB gonna be effective in todays game? dude was getting hella exposed in the pass game. But thats what Lanning had to work with

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
It’s not just about the numbers of followers, it’s engagement, nikka can’t drop a post and it’s 10 likes and folks think he has a brand, but i get it, first thing first get the numbers then move on
No disrespect but what you’re saying here doesn’t make any sense.. traditionally in content creating terms ..more followers = more views … views are an engagement metric …getting that amount of followers in that short of a time span is pretty incredible and shows his ability to capture an audiences attention ..that’s a part of being marketable ..I don’t really know what the counter argument you’re trying to present is here

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Right..

Like Noah Sewell from Cristobal era.. To me, he was brought in because of Penei. How you think a 6'1 260 LB gonna be effective in todays game? dude was getting hella exposed in the pass game. But thats what Lanning had to work with
Noah should've added weight and been a DL.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
:russ: :russ::russ: Only heads from Metro Detroit will know about the downriver Wolverine cult
Man, I swear nobody is more ashamed to say where they're from more than people downriver metro Detroit.

"Where you from?"
"Detroit"
"Ah word? I'm from Ann Arbor...where in Detroit"
"Like...south part of Detroit"
":aicmon:Oh like...corktown?"
"Nah....like you know .....Trenton? :patrice: "

:martin: