The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I really don’t get the Ole Miss hate, beating them by 6 on the road is not a bad thing. They’re a pretty good team with one of the best rushing attacks in the country.
But even with all that, Ole Miss struggled w/ Tulsa, gifted several terrible calls against a mediocre and severely over ranked at the time #7 Kentucky, was up a TD vs an Auburn squad they should've blown out, only up 3 midway vs aTm whose bad, and loss the 2 games they should've. That schedule is deceiving as shyt

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I actually like bama breh, you wont see me shytting on them since they processed michigan…twice. But “we could easily be 10-0” is hallow when tou also could have 4 losses right now :hubie:

I gotcha breh, I’m just saying, I think we are a quality football team, not elite this year. I probably wouldn’t even be that confident if we were 10-0 considering the close games this season. I feel like they can play with anybody in the country, infuriating part is that it hasn’t been the case, and I don’t think that will be the case the rest of the season.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Ole miss has beat zero ranked teams
Alabama has beat one ranked team: ole miss
LSU has beat one ranked team: Alabama
You see how these teams inflate each other?

Michigan and ohio have had a weak schedule but have dominated everyone and imposed their will. can't say the same about any of the sec schools but Georgia. Both of them are deserving above any other sec school including a 2 time loser LSU.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I gotcha breh, I’m just saying, I think we are a quality football team, not elite this year. I probably wouldn’t even be that confident if we were 10-0 considering the close games this season. I feel like they can play with anybody in the country, infuriating part is that it hasn’t been the case, and I don’t think that will be the case the rest of the season.
On paper this was supposed to be one of the best team y’all ever had, if you by preseason narratives. That’s why none of that shyt means anything

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
😂😂😂😂😂😂 aye stop it bra

Oregon, USC, Penn State and Utah ain’t better then Alabama

And this is going by your own logic, Oregon got whooped by 49, USC beat Oregon fukkin State by 3 points and got 40+ put on they head by the same Utah team that lost to Anthony Richardson :mjlol:

Bra I watch too much of this shyt, Alabama has lost by a combined 5 points to 2 top 10 teams. LSU wins the SEC they in the playoffs, it is what it is

It ain't even 5 points. It was 4:pachaha:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
But gave up 84 points combined in those 2 games. Game control don't matter no more?? :patrice:
Alabama don’t even matter, this is not the BCS

Y’all tryna say Alabama ain’t a quality win is ridiculous, reality is any 9+ win is a quality win

If LSU wins the SEC they gotta better resume than 98% of the country and are playoff bound

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Y’all tryna say Alabama ain’t a quality win is ridiculous, reality is any 9+ win is a quality win
So would you say Notre Dame has a quality win? Utah has a win over a 9 win team yet they're ranked lower with the same amount of losses. I'll give you Bama as a quality win for LSU but EVERYONE knew Ole Miss was gonna eventually shyt the bed after game 7 of their schedule. LSU loss to a FSU team who has 7 wins yet 4 of those wins came against schools under .500 and zero wins vs a T25 win. But that will count as a quality win cause 13 folks saw them blowout Miami & Syracuse. The systems a joke.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
So would you say Notre Dame has a quality win? Utah has a win over a 9 win team yet they're ranked lower with the same amount of losses. I'll give you Bama as a quality win for LSU but EVERYONE knew Ole Miss was gonna eventually shyt the bed after game 7 of their schedule. LSU loss to a FSU team who 7 wins yet 4 of those wins came against schools under .500 and zero wins vs a T25 win. But that will count as a quality win cause 13 folks saw them blowout Miami & Syracuse. The systems a joke.
I think ND’s win over Clemson and UNC are quality wins, more quality than Utah’s sole victory over USC. If Utah beats Oregon then I’d say they have the same amount of quality wins

The system is indeed messed up but I think what all of us as fans need to acknowledge is that college football is littered with mediocre teams so trying to compare wins in regular season games as a barometer of importance is a bad idea in trying say who is the best.

This is why the conferences are made, generally the best team from the conference will prove it via the conference championship.

The SEC, B1G and ACC still do divisions to preserve their rivalries, that’s why we get situations like the true second best team in the SEC and B1G are put in a weird position.

Nobody in CFB regular season really dominates yearly, that’s why conference champions is the easiest way to select imo

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
The system is indeed messed up but I think what all of us as fans need to acknowledge is that college football is littered with mediocre teams so trying to compare wins in regular season games as a barometer of importance is a bad idea in trying say who is the best.
So it should be a true meritocracy. Win your conference and you're in regardless of record and P5 or G5 right? No do-overs just because you loss close and was ranked high before a snap was taken.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think ND’s win over Clemson and UNC are quality wins, more quality than Utah’s sole victory over USC. If Utah beats Oregon then I’d say they have the same amount of quality wins

This is why the conferences are made, generally the best team from the conference will prove it via the conference championship.

The SEC, B1G and ACC still do divisions to preserve their rivalries, that’s why we get situations like the true second best team in the SEC and B1G are put in a weird position.

Nobody in CFB regular season really dominates yearly, that’s why conference champions is the easiest way to select imo

True if the SEC didn't have divisions, we would be getting UGA vs Tenn in the SECCG

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
So it should be a true meritocracy. Win your conference and you're in regardless of record and P5 or G5 right? No do-overs just because you loss close and was ranked high before a snap was taken.
Yeah I agree should be the best 4 conference winners for a true national champion