The OFFICIAL 2022 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I think you could be right, and their ability to raise funds and have a capital campaign is impressive. They already have top flight facilities; this is what they're working on now:

They could raise enough to make him walk away or even chip a portion of that campaign to the firing and hiring of a new coach.

I thought $86mm was too much but they're so bad its not even reasonable, and aTm has a false sense of self worth and think they belong in the main event when they're basically Ole Miss West :hubie:
Yea, they can pass the hat around and raise $$. This is just for the academic side of the house Texas A&M University Raises $4.25 Billion In State’s Largest Higher Education Campaign ...for the athletic dept and as much as they want to matter, the buyout would be a drop in the bucket

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
He's gonna talk them into another year off that class they paid for "maturing" next season.
That class is goin to be gutted

But y’all crazy if y’all don’t think then boosters haven’t been having discussion on how to come up with the money. Gotta feel pretty shytty to have to pay 85+ million tho

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
That class is goin to be gutted

But y’all crazy if y’all don’t think then boosters haven’t been having discussion on how to come up with the money. Gotta feel pretty shytty to have to pay 85+ million tho
After you've paid 85 million to get rid of a coach, who do you hire to follow that up? Wouldn't that mess up other schools plans too? Wouldn't the big names be like :whoa: let's see what the Aggies talking bout first. That job is like winning the lottery.

Then you have to count all of the money wasted trying to game the NIL system which I feel like insulted the players that really wanted to be there.

How do you fix this mess when the people talking about fixing it where the one's that caused it?

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I think you could be right, and their ability to raise funds and have a capital campaign is impressive. They already have top flight facilities; this is what they're working on now:

They could raise enough to make him walk away or even chip a portion of that campaign to the firing and hiring of a new coach.

I thought $86mm was too much but they're so bad its not even reasonable, and aTm has a false sense of self worth and think they belong in the main event when they're basically Ole Miss West :hubie:
I know we’ve talked about it on the podcast, but listening to Godfrey, he basically has said talking directly to the energy sector they need things to go up more before they are ready to pass the hat

But what no one is talking about is, if this fails, this is a black eye on the program and leaves them with, what next