Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
OKC trade/ CLE receive
#6 pick

CLE trade/OKC receive
#3 pick
Kevin Love (2 years, 60 mil remaining)

How much more, if anything, does OKC have to add?
Why would OKC do this, especially after K Love’s showing in Tokyo? He ain’t enough to move up from 6 to 3

Edit: I read this all wrong. Still seems like a funky trade

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
OKC trade/ CLE receive
#6 pick

CLE trade/OKC receive
#3 pick
Kevin Love (2 years, 60 mil remaining)

How much more, if anything, does OKC have to add?

we good....We aren't that desperate to move Love...We can just buy his weak ass out or trade him somewhere else for a team who doesn't mind the 2 years.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
we good....We aren't that desperate to move Love...We can just buy his weak ass out or trade him somewhere else for a team who doesn't mind the 2 years.

Nahhh Cleveland is gonna have to come up off some unprotected picks for a team to even consider taking on 2 years of Kevin Love. That's actually the main reason why they haven't been able to move him all these years. The closest was about 2 seasons ago when Portland was debating taking him on in exchange for Whiteside's expiring contract.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Why would OKC do this, especially after K Love’s showing in Tokyo? He ain’t enough to move up from 6 to 3

Edit: I read this all wrong. Still seems like a funky trade

Now if Cleveland added some first round picks into the deal then I'd consider it if I was OKC. Even then, there comes a point where OKC has too many picks that it would be hard to offload without being hustled by other teams who'd try and take advantage.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nahhh Cleveland is gonna have to come up off some unprotected picks for a team to even consider taking on 2 years of Kevin Love. That's actually the main reason why they haven't been able to move him all these years. The closest was about 2 seasons ago when Portland was debating taking him on in exchange for Whiteside's expiring contract.

It's a 2 year deal....We will just buy him out....I honestly would encourage him and his agent to find a deal if they can otherwise he can stay at home or come off the bench whichever he's good with...If he's motivated and want's to improve his trade value sure he can come play...But I wouldn't give up anything asset wise to move him.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It's a 2 year deal....We will just buy him out....I honestly would encourage him and his agent to find a deal if they can otherwise he can stay at home or come off the bench whichever he's good with...If he's motivated and want's to improve his trade value sure he can come play...But I wouldn't give up anything asset wise to move him.

He probably wouldn't even have to give up that much in a buyout anyways. Griffin gave up $13 million when he had $74 million left on his deal, so about $10 million would probably do it. Plus, he could make some of that back when he signed with a new deal. If you want out of a situation bad enough, then you'll give up the bread to make it happen.

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
Yep just keep Love & make him a bench player. After next season he becomes expiring asset :yeshrug:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
They need a stretch 5, shooters and defenders, and a strong shot creating guard. For me that’s the ideal roster construction around Zion.

The trades for Robinson or Hield would come with extra depth pieces and picks. I rather unleash Zion make him P&R ball handler and bring the ball up more like he did in the latter part of the season with knock down shooters like Hield and Robinson then have Ingram choking in the 4Q and freezing him out.
I fully agree, Duncan Robinson for Ingram is an amazing trade for the Pelicans!