The Official 2021 NBA Draft Talk Thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“Green and Suggs are already scheduled for later this week, but the Pistons might not get a chance to see Mobley in person. The tantalizing big man is reportedly only planning to work out at the Houston Rocketstraining facility. The Rockets, as we all know, own the No. 2 pick.

Breathless reports for weeks have indicated that the Rockets would love to trade up to No. 1, but fewer reporters seem to be indicating that has much of a chance of actually happening.

It seems that they can’t put together an offer good enough to dissuade the Pistons from using the No. 1 pick, and presumably they plan to use it on a Mr. Cade Cunningham.”

Detroit Pistons host Cade Cunningham for workout with hopes to bring Jalen Green, Jalen Suggs and Evan Mobley in as well

I read a rumor after the draft lottery that in ppl in Minkeys camp said he doesn’t want to play in Cleveland. I didn’t hear much more after it but this link right here might prove it was more than rumor.

I’m cool with Green or Mobley. Wouldn’t be mad at trading down for Cleveland’s pick if they Gave us Number 3 , next years pick unprotected , and take Wall.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
OK, a couple of bits before @No Homo @surf and @TR7 can make the Nets pick

Philly brehs be ready

- Basically Barnes would only be up for consideration at 3 if Mobley isn't there. Barnes' stock legit starts at 4.

- some as you saw with SI's mock do believe James Bouknight has made a charge to pass Jonathan Kuminga even though Kuminga worked out for Orlando and Cleveland and had strong showings. My mock draft is tomorrow. His stock starts at 5.

Chris Duarte and Trey Murphy's stocks are shooting up while Jaden Springer is falling a bit.

the Kai Jones in the lottery talk is fascinating. He shouldn't go ahead of Isaiah Jackson knowing damn well what kind of pedigree he has, but Kai's stock starts at 9. He's probably anywhere from 9-19.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Franz working out in a private gym with Harrison Barnes :jbhmm:

That’s usually the move when you’re looking to draft a kid. Not a for sure thing but between this and what Chad Ford said let’s see what happens.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Those same scouts were all gushing over Wiseman a year ago with much less game tape.
Naw, Wiseman tape wasn't impressive, it was his measurements and his play in NBA runs in Miami. Okongwu was the one teams were gushing over his tape. It took a while but in the playoffs, seeing Okongwu against Giannis and Embiid was special.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
A lot of folks got fooled by Wiseman. The evidence was all there if you looked hard enough that he was never it.
I never understood the hype. I saw potential but man, he really don't fit the modern game like that but GS wants to learn the hard way. They better hope they can sell high to an idiot like Washington for Beal.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
OK, a couple of bits before @No Homo @surf and @TR7 can make the Nets pick

Philly brehs be ready

- Basically Barnes would only be up for consideration at 3 if Mobley isn't there. Barnes' stock legit starts at 4.

- some as you saw with SI's mock do believe James Bouknight has made a charge to pass Jonathan Kuminga even though Kuminga worked out for Orlando and Cleveland and had strong showings. My mock draft is tomorrow. His stock starts at 5.

Chris Duarte and Trey Murphy's stocks are shooting up while Jaden Springer is falling a bit.

the Kai Jones in the lottery talk is fascinating. He shouldn't go ahead of Isaiah Jackson knowing damn well what kind of pedigree he has, but Kai's stock starts at 9. He's probably anywhere from 9-19.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
why all this fuss over duarte? dude is 24 years old already and didn't have a standout season until he was an old senior playing against younger players in a COVID season w/ no fans in arenas and inflated shooting numbers. his shooting increase from his junior to senior season is not real IMO. probably somewhere in between, but regardless, he is such a low ceiling player and i don't even think his floor is that high.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Naw, Wiseman tape wasn't impressive, it was his measurements and his play in NBA runs in Miami. Okongwu was the one teams were gushing over his tape. It took a while but in the playoffs, seeing Okongwu against Giannis and Embiid was special.
It wasn't just the measurements (and I'm not saying his tape was impressive; I'm saying there wasn't much tape to dissect). If it was solely about measurements then there were players who were comparable to Wiseman in that draft who were drafted later, much later at that.

Way to early for people to be talking about wiseman how they are imo
People talking about him like he's Tacko Fall or Udoka Azubuike or some shyt. Bigs take time. He got drafted to a team that doesn't have that kind of time, but that wasn't the draft to address that immediate help towards their starting lineup.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It's not too early given the Warriors are wasting the remaining years of Steph, Klay and Draymond.
There’s a difference between him being on a different timeline than 30+ year olds nearing the end of their championship window and him being labeled as “not it” or fools gold in year 1. They should trade him cause they are on an accelerated timeline, not because he sucks which I feel is what people are insinuating. Way too early for these type of comments.