The Official 2021 NBA Draft Talk Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
It's not too early given the Warriors are wasting the remaining years of Steph, Klay and Draymond.
Separate convo altogether, and that help simply didn't exist, the same way that help doesn't appear to be there now, with 2 lotto picks in a better draft.

Even in this draft, there will only be draft movement if OKC feels like wheeling and dealing.

why all this fuss over duarte? dude is 24 years old already and didn't have a standout season until he was an old senior playing against younger players in a COVID season w/ no fans in arenas and inflated shooting numbers. his shooting increase from his junior to senior season is not real IMO. probably somewhere in between, but regardless, he is such a low ceiling player and i don't even think his floor is that high.

You just described Davion Mitchell and he's gonna go higher.

His appeal is basically rotational player who helps now for teams who have little interest in a player with a higher ceiling but is 3 years away. Duarte appeals to teams like the Warriors and Knicks because he's plug and play at a cheaper price than the guys he'd be replacing.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It wasn't just the measurements (and I'm not saying his tape was impressive; I'm saying there wasn't much tape to dissect). If it was solely about measurements then there were players who were comparable to Wiseman in that draft who were drafted later, much later at that.

People talking about him like he's Tacko Fall or Udoka Azubuike or some shyt. Bigs take time. He got drafted to a team that doesn't have that kind of time, but that wasn't the draft to address that immediate help towards their starting lineup.
I’m saying. The only bug in the NBA right now who looked amazing year 1 was Embiid. The quickness in labeling Wiseman a scrub is wild to me. I understand patience isn’t something warrior fans have with Steph getting older but acting like Wiseman was supposed to come in and look like year 3 Ayton is ridiculous

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
I have a feeling Kuminga can be the best player in the draft or at least top 2. To be honest I rather bet on his potential than draft Jalen Suggs who has a low ceiling to me.

Who is your comp for him? Jalen suggs feels solid to me. Had a good college run and looks like a mini Brandon Roy out there to me.

Daps
There’s a difference between him being on a different timeline than 30+ year olds nearing the end of their championship window and him being labeled as “not it” or fools gold in year 1. They should trade him cause they are on an accelerated timeline, not because he sucks which I feel is what people are insinuating. Way too early for these type of comments.
I don't know if it is.

He doesn't have any basketball sense; he simply doesn't play like he gets the game, and even despite his physical dimensions, he's not an exceptional athlete. He also has a limited skillset because he was never taught to use his body as a weapon. Essentially, in this climate where the big man can't just get away with being big, the odds have him being a high-level player are low.

I'm just curious though: what did you see in him before he entered the league other than blind hope that he'd help resurrect the big man?

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I don't know if it is.

He doesn't have any basketball sense; he simply doesn't play like he gets the game, and even despite his physical dimensions, he's not an exceptional athlete. He also has a limited skillset because he was never taught to use his body as a weapon. Essentially, in this climate where the big man can't just get away with being big, the odds have him being a high-level player are low.

I'm just curious though: what did you see in him before he entered the league other than blind hope that he'd help resurrect the big man?
39 games in his rookie season, (in a condensed season as well) is all you need to see? At a position that has recently taken even the best in the NBA some time to gain their footing? He probably doesn’t get the game right now and that’s ok. Most rookies don’t. It takes time. He may never turn into a great player but it’s entirely too soon to come to that conclusion. I still like his potential. I like the leadership around him as well. If he puts in the work, ignores the noise, and learns from Steph, Dray and Klay, the sky is the limit.

Daps
39 games in his rookie season, (in a condensed season as well) is all you need to see? At a position that has recently taken even the best in the NBA some time to gain their footing? He probably doesn’t get the game right now and that’s ok. Most rookies don’t. It takes time. He may never turn into a great player but it’s entirely too soon to come to that conclusion. I still like his potential. I like the leadership around him as well. If he puts in the work, ignores the noise, and learns from Steph, Dray and Klay, the sky is the limit.
It is for me.

You can see a player's projection in half that amount of time. This isn't about him missing shots or having a loose handle, because that can be fixed. You can work on skill-related parts of your game - that's something you can improve on. However, you either understand the game or you don't, and Wiseman's inability to make even the simplest reads on both ends of the floor was alarming. This goes even beyond him as a player, this is about just his general understanding, on a human level, and nobody ever really changes their spots.

He's going to need a environment that takes their time with him, otherwise, he'l just end up being another Hassan Whiteside type.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
why all this fuss over duarte? dude is 24 years old already and didn't have a standout season until he was an old senior playing against younger players in a COVID season w/ no fans in arenas and inflated shooting numbers. his shooting increase from his junior to senior season is not real IMO. probably somewhere in between, but regardless, he is such a low ceiling player and i don't even think his floor is that high.
Legit good perimeter defender and legit shooting. Totally projectable and highly productive with the requirements for a SG

Chris Duarte 2021 Draft Profile | Tankathon

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
He’s 6’6”

He can shoot

He can defend

The Wizards were playing Raul Neto at the 3 last season. :unimpressed:

We starving for nikkas above 6’5” who can give us spacing and defense

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I’m saying. The only bug in the NBA right now who looked amazing year 1 was Embiid. The quickness in labeling Wiseman a scrub is wild to me. I understand patience isn’t something warrior fans have with Steph getting older but acting like Wiseman was supposed to come in and look like year 3 Ayton is ridiculous

Why are the Warriors so eager to deal him after 1 season is whats really wild...

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Separate convo altogether, and that help simply didn't exist, the same way that help doesn't appear to be there now, with 2 lotto picks in a better draft.

Even in this draft, there will only be draft movement if OKC feels like wheeling and dealing.

You just described Davion Mitchell and he's gonna go higher.

His appeal is basically rotational player who helps now for teams who have little interest in a player with a higher ceiling but is 3 years away. Duarte appeals to teams like the Warriors and Knicks because he's plug and play at a cheaper price than the guys he'd be replacing.

Theres help available if they want to pay for it....

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean I get it for them. They should’ve moved the pick even before they drafted him. No one they drafted was gonna help them immediately compete for a ring imo.

plus to me they don’t really have a need well value the big position like that. I can see draymond getting more time at the position with klay playing more 3 swing.