The Official 2021 NBA Draft Talk Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
In the position Houston is in(garbage) I try not to worry about and go with boa, but we’re the smallest team in the league and I’m see a bunch of mocks with Houston taking three guards, I got to say that would leave me :francis:.

Gordon, Wall, KPj, Brooks, Augustine, Khyri,

looing like Green at 2 and they really like Mann. :stopitslime:
Assuming those picks stay with Houston, 23/24 has to be used on some sort of big and perhaps even a developmental PG of the future.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
New mock on Thursday. I might include round 2 but fair warning: round 2 may look more like a big board for remaining players rather than a mock because fit will be a major stretch when 8 teams have 20 picks.

And there's talk about Shai Gilgeous-Alexander being shopped, but the reasoning about him at 23 not fitting the timeline is retarded. Wanna know how retarded it is? Davion Mitchell is 2 months younger than SGA.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
New mock on Thursday. I might include round 2 but fair warning: round 2 may look more like a big board for remaining players rather than a mock because fit will be a major stretch when 8 teams have 20 picks.

And there's talk about Shai Gilgeous-Alexander being shopped, but the reasoning about him at 23 not fitting the timeline is retarded. Wanna know how retarded it is? Davion Mitchell is 2 months younger than SGA.

You have to look at the money though in regards to the SGA situation. He'll be paid like a star or maybe even a superstar if he goes All-NBA. He's good but there's legitimate doubts if he's a Devin Booker/Jayson Tatum/Donovan Mitchell level player, and that's the type of money he'll be commanding.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
You have to look at the money though in regards to the SGA situation. He'll be paid like a star or maybe even a superstar if he goes All-NBA. He's good but there's legitimate doubts if he's a Devin Booker/Jayson Tatum/Donovan Mitchell level player, and that's the type of money he'll be commanding.
Counterpoint: SGA as of now is the 2nd highest paid player on the team behind Kemba and he's on his rookie deal. Without SGA on a max, they're gonna struggle to reach the salary floor as is. His value doesn't dip with him on a max because it's presumed he'd get that anyway and they'd need that salary placeholder regardless.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Counterpoint: SGA as of now is the 2nd highest paid player on the team behind Kemba and he's on his rookie deal. Without SGA on a max, they're gonna struggle to reach the salary floor as is. His value doesn't dip with him on a max because it's presumed he'd get that anyway and they'd need that salary placeholder regardless.

For sure, but if OKC knows something we don't, which is the possibility that they have possible suitors for that free space that SGA would fill, I can see why he'd be on the chopping block, is all I'm saying.

In reality as a team that has been historically good in the draft I think they should hold on to SGA but make sure they come to a mutual understanding with him that he isn't winning a damn thing until 2025 at best..

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC

:wtf:

The Thunder are going to struggle hitting the salary floor if they don't take on more bad contracts as it is. SGA getting paid a max has nothing to do with anything the Thunder would be thinking about. Whole payroll right now is Kemba & rookie deals that won't start mattering money wise anyway until 2 years from now when SGA would be in the first year of a new deal :manny:

Whoever they draft at 6 will be the 2nd highest paid player on the team :dead:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

There’s nobody that it makes sense to shop him for straight up. Unless you got Jalen and one of the other top 10 cats, then I guess maybe? Idk why you’d push your development timeline out even further like that

OKC doesn’t appear to have an end date to all this, and that has to be concerning as a fan

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

OKC would decline the fukk outta this trade. The value isn't terrible even though SGA is worth paying, but OKC would have 4, 6, 7, 16, 18. 35. 36. 55, a bunch of picks later, and two centers who won't have enough time to develop and damn sure can't play together.

Toronto IMO gets shafted in this deal.

Box Factory

hater
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
So I watched Sengun play a couple games now in the Fiba qualifiers and I dunno.

He's not a terrible athlete, but he's a 6'8 or 6'9ish center with no Defence or useable (that he's shown in these games anyways) perimeter game.

He does have nice some post moves and a great touch around the basket, but after watching him play I feel like he's getting massively overrated because of his age.

If I had to compare him to someone it'd be Andrew Nicholson without a jumper.

I think he could be a decent bench weapon in spots but taking him anywhere around the lottery would be a huge mistake based on what I've seen