The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Has all of the makings of a very bad deal. Once Kenneth Walker is gone, he's going to be forced to coach. That's championship level money. The LSU rumors must be real.

he will absolutely have to start coaching more. The secondary especially needs to be overhauled and this no blitz strategy allows any halfway decent QB to sit back and pick apart the zone.

he has talent coming in, the 2022 recruiting class went from like #60 overall to #18, one slot behind Harbaugh’s class…but as we all know typically these kids don’t be able to make an immediate impact. Tucker has shown he knows how to work the transfer portal bringing in Walker and Reed and a lot of transfers I can’t even think of off top.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Spartans are going to not only lose by 3 scores but also allow for Stroud to have a Heisman moment by picking apart this trash ass pass defense. :francis::francis::francis:

Michigan laid out the blueprint, Purdue showed how to execute it…
If it plays out like that I ain’t gonna complain :lolbron:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Has all of the makings of a very bad deal. Once Kenneth Walker is gone, he's going to be forced to coach. That's championship level money. The LSU rumors must be real.

Doesnt make cent$ but, get money get paid black man, and we have seen other white coaches get the same treatment, why not Mel, this probably also due to the lsu rumors, so the price of a brick went up, but with that, nikkas not gonna want to hear nothing if y’all don’t slide osu psu and Michigan every year, it’s only so long you can eat off the transfer portal and field decent teams

That transfer portal might buy him some time. I could see Zack Evans outta TCU heading to East Lansing after this season done.

can’t build a championship team off the portal, you can fill some holes or add dynamic playmakers who were not getting burn

#blackexcellence

Tucker has literally 1 season at Colorado under his belt. I think they went like 4-8.

one CIVID fugazi season…I think we won 2 games

and one season that still has at least 3 more games to be played…

and he’s getting paid like he’s won a title…but I guess if Jim Harbaugh is still getting MMs every year then why not everyone else

get money, but, this is def an overreaction to the rumors

This is what the SEC has been like for the past decade, everyone has seen Saban’s success and wanted to duplicate it, to the point where they’ve hired nearly all of his assistants and once it doesn’t go how they like within 2-3 years the coach is either on the hot seat or they’re fired. Fact is, what Saban has done at Alabama will likely not be duplicated for a very very very long time, if ever, even Clemson who’s been the closest to Alabama has taken a step back (at least this year).

Programs need to be realistic, Rome wasn’t built in a day and some programs will take longer to rebuild than others and the rebuild might not be multiple National Titles, but you’ll still be a really good program, take Notre Dame for example, Brian Kelly was on the hot seat for a bit and he still get criticized a bit but he has Notre Dame playing their best ball since Lou Holtz was there, they can beat all but maybe 2 or 3 teams in College Football.

Alabamas run has created unrealistic expectations all over college football from the blue bloods to the middling to the cellar dwellers, no one’s happy with being ok-good-great, iyou see these Death Star programs and you pocket watch, we beat damn near every team we have faced and there will be an inexplicable groan if we don’t take it to the Buck Bro’s and trust me i want that win bad, but no one is being realistic that one of the biggest programs in America is our bitter rival so imagine trying to overcome that every year. We beat Penn st, folks still had something to say afterwards, yes we used to not struggle with them, but times are different, enjoy the game, enjoy the wins and quit living and dying with not being the Death Star of your region. As for fan base and Ad’s you will never be Bama but be patient like ND, and you will see what you can build Kelly is doing as good of a job you can with the talent and school he is at, he’s made adjustments gotten new staffs and thrived, and everyone’s tired trope, can’t win in the playoffs…. Well it’s a lot of schools that’s never been in the club let alone won in the club.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU

So we can just up and say whatever we want now? :ohhh:

Let me try: Georgia's defense is too good. No one wants to see a bunch of 5 star athletes with excessive melanin in their complexion gelling as a unit locking up the opposing team. This is bad for business. If they aren't going to allow the other team to score, they should be banned and prohibited from further play until further notice. We want reparations.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Yea Stroud’s gonna throw for 600.. but walker might run for 400.

He threw for almost 500 against Oregon and they lost. I remember watching the game but it was so long ago…was their strategy to stop the run and let Stroud throw in hopes he’d throw picks?

I realize that OSU came a long way since then and so has their QB. But maybe there’s something to that strategy Oregon used…

Last edited:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
He threw for almost 500 against Oregon and they lost. I remember watching the fans but it was so long ago…was their strategy to stop the run and let Stroud throw in hopes he’d throw picks?

I realize that OSU came a long way since then and so has their QB. But maybe there’s something to that strategy Oregon used…

I legit think y’all got a fighters chance. Only because y’all can do what we can do. Run the ball and keep their offense off the field.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
He threw for almost 500 against Oregon and they lost. I remember watching the fans but it was so long ago…was their strategy to stop the run and let Stroud throw in hopes he’d throw picks?

if you take away his initial read, and make him have to adlib that’s your best bet, when he can’t operate within the play calling and has to make plays, he has trouble, i doubt his footwork has improved that much in a season, you get his feet happy he will sail balls

:martin: That’s an empty stat

Daps
Reppin
Chi
I legit think y’all got a fighters chance. Only because y’all can do what we can do. Run the ball and keep their offense off the field.

thing is, we usually don’t have long established drives. We are 3 and out or big chunks of yardage moving down the field.

there are times when our defense is tired after the opposing team just scored that I wish we’d implement a little ball control to give the D a break and instead we are airing it out on second and short and taking a sack on third down and March the defense right back out there.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
94230879-2258-474-D-95-FD-D531-DEB4-F438.jpg