The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
they will find retreads or coaches that’s hot, regardless if they may fit

if im Washington or Tech i get a guy that knows how the sausage gets made ( a guy that will recruit the way you need to in the sec) i will also say this, in the case of the tech guy, someone that has some ties or can reach out to, the Virginia area and lock it down, especially that tidewater area
All they had was the Tidewater area. Bly and UNC are scooping guys out of there more than ever. They can’t get anyone who Penn St or Maryland to an extent want in the Beltway area. They have to get fringe guys out the DMV. Then, it’s Blacksburg :hhh:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC

That last sentence is the muafukkin dose of reality these schools need to realize

It's a very bad take. Schools should want better, but they should be realistic. To say you can't get rid of someone who's poorly performing is asinine and how programs get killed.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
All they had was the Tidewater area. Bly and UNC are scooping guys out of there more than ever. They can’t get anyone who Penn St or Maryland to an extent want in the Beltway area. They have to get fringe guys out the DMV. Then, it’s Blacksburg :hhh:

If they get better they can get unc guys, (i heard it’s not easy to get into unc) if Franklin leaves that opens up Virginia again, tech just has to be good again to open the state up, between the DMV schools it’s anyones for the taking, also how long is Mack and his machine going to be in place before he leaves/retires

That last sentence is the muafukkin dose of reality these schools need to realize

it’s true too many programs think they Beyoncé they need some Kevin Samuel level humbling

kevin-samuels.gif

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
It's a very bad take. Schools should want better, but they should be realistic. To say you can't get rid of someone who's poorly performing is asinine and how programs get killed.

It’s not, no school goes into a season saying we just happy to be here, if you are a middling school, that has trouble attracting talent and your school isn’t fully committed to football (spends gobs of money) all you doing is finding a new way to be middling, possibly win one or two more games. I’ll use your school a school that is basketball committed but not football, you think a new coach gets the talent you need to compete to upper New York ?? But also knows how to recruit the upper east coast Pennsylvania as well as the dmv and Florida??

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

No its the perfect take.
All these schools do is rinse and repeat. Hire coach, early extension off one good season, back to being where they truly are, unsatisfied management, buyout coach. Its a cycle. And these schools waste too much money trying to break it and make the same ole mistakes.
These schools aren't realistic. Not everyone is going to compete in the upper echelon, those are just facts. Sometimes a middle tier program is where you gon be cause thats what you are do to circumstances whether it be money, resources, or talent pool.
Fuentes contract is up in 2024. Might as well let him finish that shyt out cause whoever they bring in aint getting them anywhere in 2 years. And he'll be 2 years down with someone else players begging to get a chance at having a full class go thru before he get axed.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
most of those programs who he's talking about are already DOA. Plus power schools won't allow a new kid on the block. Ole Miss wasn't doing anything that anyone else in that conference wasn't doing. They were just sloppy and got good too fast. Same happened w/ SMU. It's an exclusive club. And newbies ain't invited. The racket can't continue if EVERYONE is on the level

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
No its the perfect take.
All these schools do is rinse and repeat. Hire coach, early extension off one good season, back to being where they truly are, unsatisfied management, buyout coach. Its a cycle. And these schools waste too much money trying to break it and make the same ole mistakes.
These schools aren't realistic. Not everyone is going to compete in the upper echelon, those are just facts. Sometimes a middle tier program is where you gon be cause thats what you are do to circumstances whether it be money, resources, or talent pool.
Fuentes contract is up in 2024. Might as well let him finish that shyt out cause whoever they bring in aint getting them anywhere in 2 years. And he'll be 2 years down with someone else players begging to get a chance at having a full class go thru before he get axed.

It's more than record. Programs would kill to have the years Fuente did at Tech. There's rumors he had been flirting with Baylor among other things.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
It's more than record. Programs would kill to have the years Fuente did at Tech. There's rumors he had been flirting with Baylor among other things.
right schools would and vtech should be one of those schools.
and if he's flirting let him go and let someone else fit the bill