The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
It’s a crazy phenomenon with our white fans, I use to think all cac fan bases were like this but I have my doubt, these cac fans are built different. They didn’t even know who the new DC Coach was 3 days ago but are all of the sudden experts when it comes to him
It’s ridiculous. Saban leaving cause we were being cheap and coming back at Bama to crush the buildings put them on suicide watch. Everything is a catastrophe.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
:deadmanny:. Black Cowboy reminds me of riding to FT Worth with my homie and randomly seeing this old black cat riding a horse down this back road. Had me like :ohhh:.

You’ll see that a lot in Texas. There’s a lot of black folks who ride around on horses, especially around Houston

you see them in Nola too, though it’s two black owned horse stables in the East

Yeah that was my 1st time going up to FT Worth. Seen it on a few occasions in other trips up there. My 6 years living in Texas I only went to Houston twice. Once was on a detail in Beaumont which is about a hr away from Houston and another time to a Rockets game. Houston was like a 4 hr drive from where i was stationed. Dallas and FT Worth was like 2.5 so i was there often in my free time and wanted to get away.

Smitty was in the club looking like this

yV4XtgB.jpg

doing this dance

GrossLiquidAmethystsunbird-max-1mb.gif

Woodwerkz

R.I.P. King Bean #8 #24 and Little Deuce #2 Gigi
Daps
Reppin
Mamba Mentality # Kobe&GiGi. #LakerNation #LWO
What's wrong with it?

It needs to be a period when it's done....like right after spring practices. When you start bouncing anytime during a season or after both signing days...teams can end up in a bad position. At Clemson... Pinckney and Williams I can't knock bc they were Grad and RS Jrs. I can't even knock Mike Jones Jr. for leaving and i think it was bc of Skalski and Spector coming back. Bowman didn't even try. He got home sick....was a life long Gator fan and as soon as his Grandpa passed he was out. That left Clemson having to scramble for another RB in the following class because it was during the season. I expect another RB and Safety to dip too.

I just feel it should have it's own period and not be disruptive to the current program. I say after Spring practice bc that player gets to really see where they stand and if they can't stack...they can enter the portal... and move on in to the new school over summer break. That way they can still have some chance of getting to another team, getting the play book, linking with new team mates for summer workouts and leave soon enough for them to be picked up by other teams that may feel they need a certain player before Fall practice starts. I don't believe in Freshmen dipping bc most of us know that first year away from home is alway the worst so they shouldn't be allowed to leave that first year.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
It needs to be a period when it's done....like right after spring practices. When you start bouncing anytime during a season or after both signing days...teams can end up in a bad position. At Clemson... Pinckney and Williams I can't knock bc they were Grad and RS Jrs. I can't even knock Mike Jones Jr. for leaving and i think it was bc of Skalski and Spector coming back. Bowman didn't even try. He got home sick....was a life long Gator fan and as soon as his Grandpa passed he was out. That left Clemson having to scramble for another RB in the following class because it was during the season. I expect another RB and Safety to dip too.

I just feel it should have it's own period and not be disruptive to the current program. I say after Spring practice bc that player gets to really see where they stand and if they can't stack...they can enter the portal... and move on in to the new school over summer break. That way they can still have some chance of getting to another team, getting the play book, linking with new team mates for summer workouts and leave soon enough for them to be picked up by other teams that may feel they need a certain player before Fall practice starts. I don't believe in Freshmen dipping bc most of us know that first year away from home is alway the worst so they shouldn't be allowed to leave that first year.

I agree, a period between after spring practices and before fall practices would be ideal for both portal entrants and for teams to sign guys out of the portal. I think a lot more players would think twice before entering the portal with limited time to enter and be signed. Sometimes you have to protect the kids from themselves.