invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Aggies saw that L-train coming through

Texas A&M Board of Regents directs president to vote in favor of SEC expansion

Texas A&M Board of Regents directs president to vote in favor of SEC expansion
After the proper amount of posturing, the Aggies will fall in line with the rest of the conference.

In a meeting that concluded on Wednesday evening, the Texas A&M Board of Regents announced that they will vote in favor of SEC expansion during a meeting with conference presidents on Thursday.

Although the Board had concerns about the communication process relating to this matter, today the Board received the information it needed to properly consider the long-term ramifications of a possible expansion. President Banks and Athletic Director Bjork briefed board members after they participated in meetings yesterday and today with the SEC Commissioner’s Office.

The board concluded that this expansion would enhance the long-term value of the SEC to student athletes and all of the institutions they represent — including Texas A&M.

Therefore The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents Board directs Texas A&M President M. Katherine Banks to vote in favor of extending formal invitations to the University of Oklahoma and the University of Texas to join the conference in 2025 when the SEC presidents consider the matter.

As developments unfold, the leadership at Texas A&M will continue to analyze our opportunities and make decisions based on what’s best for our flagship university.

The decision comes after the Aggies were widely credited with leaking the news that Texas and Oklahoma were interested in joining the SEC. Broken during SEC Media Days last Wednesday, the leak allowed Texas A&M athletics director Ross Bjork to publicly express the school’s opposition to losing their advantage as the only SEC school in the state of Texas.

But it quickly became apparent that none of the other 13 schools in the conference opposed expansion, though there was some initial buzz that Missouri might oppose once again playing in a conference with Texas and Oklahoma.

So Thursday’s meeting to extend invitations to the Longhorns and Sooners now stands as nothing more than a formality as questions still swirl about when the schools might actually join the conference with the Big 12 making claims of tortious interference by ESPN in conspiring with the AAC to encourage at least one remaining Big 12 member to leave the conference.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
E7ag3iYXIAAJqD-
I know he ended up at Marshall but wasn’t Randy Moss originally committed to notre dame before he went to FSU?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Negged for disrespecting the Great Black Man David Shaw and for not having comprehension skills
5boieu-th.png

He right too. Bryce Young at USC not pulling that kinda dough before starting. My OG know whats up
29yjpf-th.png

i forgot yal fools had a David Shaw smiley :dead:

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
No one knows yet. I know if I hired someone to endorse and I was a booster/alumni, it would be dependent on you being at that school. But like I said, who knows. This is a clusterfukk
Yeah, I think right now this is the honeymoon phase plus it's so unorganized. Once these dudes start stinking it up out there on the field and getting suspended there are going to be some blowups. Some of these boosters are straight :mjpls: and they really think they are buying the players services. This aint like recruiting where you are getting something just for signing up.

I was looking at ESPN and this booster at the U who owns a fitness center was talking bout paying all the players on the roster $500 a month. I bust out laughing. Let the SEC find out we can put these players on salary. That $500 gonna look like poverty.