The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Best would be the RB room we have 5 legit options. Hopefully the coaches pick 3(hopefully Pierce, Bowman & Wright)and the other 2 can go to ST.

Worst would be Linebacker, we have blue chippers but the development is lacking

If I had to guess I would put the LB 2nd with Cox(he shows signs here and there from what I remember) and Miller returning.

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl
If I had to guess I would put the LB 2nd with Cox(he shows signs here and there from what I remember) and Miller returning.
I count Cox as a DE and Miller is solid and will knock your block off but in pass coverage and leadership he leaves alot to be desired. It's not a talent issue in the LB room, those dudes were wanted by everyone in the country. They're just not flashing on the field. I wish Harbaugh would have snatched our LB coach but we matched the offer :francis:.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
I count Cox as a DE and Miller is solid and will knock your block off but in pass coverage and leadership he leaves alot to be desired. It's not a talent issue in the LB room, those dudes were wanted by everyone in the country. They're just not flashing on the field. I wish Harbaugh would have snatched our LB coach but we matched the offer :francis:.

So far I'm liking what Gray is doing for the Gamecocks.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Is Nix all but solid to start at the QB position this season? Based on Mike Bobo style of offense I think he'd play Finley. I'm expecting Tank to have a monster season so I hope that OL is good. Beamer/Bobo had hired Friend to come to South Carolina earlier this year.

shyt, I forgot Smoke Monday is back and McCreary not bad either.
I would think he starts, just with a short leash

904Lurker

R.I.P Young Dolph
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville,Fl
So far I'm liking what Gray is doing for the Gamecocks.
He's a good press/man CB coach but he had to get out of Gainesville. He was compromised with the Wilson Family getting him the UF job last year. He's going to keep the gamecocks fed with a pipeline from Lakeland (his hometown). Hopefully you guys snatch Mccall from FSU(do they still have fans?)

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
@smitty22 yall putting the call in telling him to skip his senior year?

Damn @smitty22 black republican reach is far standing

I thought that the blue blood top school in America Texas was flipping him tho?

Texas ain’t have a prayer to flip him outside of a brinks truck, now the interesting thing happens, how long does he wait, because i don’t think he can early enroll, so how patient is he, or does his presence get nikkas to moving around ?? Or does he move around if he don’t get the keys to the car opening week freshman year

:snoop:

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did we get so awful at WR?

Did McClendon not know how the evaluate and recruit the position. I'm hearing the starters will be Leggett, Joyner (both HS QBs) and Brooks(Wingate transfers that looked lost last season). Josh Vann is not SEC speed, Ran Davis is still there, Chad Terrell still there as well, Ortre Smith has had two years off it's time to step up, Rico Powers showed flashes over the summer and some last season where he didn't know the playbook.
yeah the past two years is woat wr production in our history. im not totally surprised at that starting lineup because thats probably the most athletic group of experienced guys we got. need guys who can get open, guys who can make plays on 50/50 balls and a qb who can do both of those things as well as far as hit open guys and give guys a chance to make plays. its been a combo of the wrs and the poor qb play, but last year other than shi only one of the 8 wrs who caught a pass last year averaged over 9.1 ypc. theres nowhere to go but up even without shi, i hope.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
E7ag3iYXIAAJqD-

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
He's a good press/man CB coach but he had to get out of Gainesville. He was compromised with the Wilson Family getting him the UF job last year. He's going to keep the gamecocks fed with a pipeline from Lakeland (his hometown). Hopefully you guys snatch Mccall from FSU(do they still have fans?)

I thought we had a chance on McCall. Last I heard was he is solid to FSU.