The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I already know what team and year you talking bout. Got ptsd over this.

Truth be told though. That little resume don't mean nothing when you lose to Iowa State.

Bama was one of the top two teams that year and deserved to be in that game.
maybe they did, but def from a business perspective, that shyt had long lasting impacts IMO. I could be wrong, but I believe that was the first all conference natty during the BCS system and the first one since 98 featuring two teams from the same region. Most of the "argument" I made to this point has been just joking, but you can easily argue that the decision they made helped open the door for this monotonous garbage we've gotten in the postseason for so long

In a judicial presence type of way, its given the second best team in the SEC a wildly high merit over anyone in a similar situation, even when they aren't better by objective measures. The little dude hasn't gotten chose since either (I think Baylor and TCU in 2014 for example, or PSU a couple seasons later)

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
maybe they did, but def from a business perspective, that shyt had long lasting impacts IMO. I could be wrong, but I believe that was the first all conference natty during the BCS system and the first one since 98 featuring two teams from the same region. Most of the "argument" I made to this point has been just joking, but you can easily argue that the decision they made helped open the door for this monotonous garbage we've gotten in the postseason for so long

In a judicial presence type of way, its given the second best team in the SEC a wildly high merit over anyone in a similar situation, even when they aren't better by objective measures. The little dude hasn't gotten chose since either (I think Baylor and TCU in 2014 for example, or PSU a couple seasons later)
Do you think that game also opened up the door to going to 4 teams?

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Do you think that game also opened up the door to going to 4 teams?
I’d think it was one of the big pillars. I don’t remember the coverage, but I seem to remember it accelerating the convos they was already having. I think the SEC having like 5-6 straight at that point, the South looking like they’d routinely have 3 of the top 5, the NCAA was probably right to think it’d open the game up. We just ain’t account for them beating the drum for the same tired names

BCS might not have been better in diversity though. OSU wouldnt have a shot in 2014, both UGA and Bama woulda got froze in 2017, OSU would’ve been in instead of CU and CU woulda got in over OSU in 2021. So you only get one new unique natty participant in Oklahoma

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Steele top 25 has been released.

1 Oklahoma - I can see this. I think they'll score a lot of points this year and out score the teams in the BIG 12.
2 Alabama - They are probably not #1 because of Young and the young OL.
3 OSU - We know they'll be good but we have to see how long it takes for them to reach the true potential. If they win their first two games they go to #1.
4 Clem - I gave him hell but the QB is pretty dam good. Questions at RB though. Defense should be very solid
5 UGA - They are going to run the ball heavy. Defense going to win them a lot of games. Although I think they're going to probably be the most balanced team in college football.
6 T A&M
7 ND
8 Iowa St
9 Washington
10 Cinn
11 Wis
12 NC
13 USC
14 Penn
15 Utah
16 Miami
17 LSU
18 Indiana
19 O Ducks
20 Texas
21 AZ Sun Devils
22 Louisiana
23 Iowa
24 Coastal
25 TCU

Last edited:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
@Illin Degenerate @Killah Ray @fat buddy @UserNameless

Brehs, just for this moment in time we are sitting 4th in the SEC in recruiting. I know it's based on a lot of shyt and it probably want hold, but we finished like 116 or something in recruiting last year.
:leon:

Last year was bad … but on the flip , it wasnt uncommon for us to be third from the bottom in the SEC recruiting rankings but STILL doing fairly well nationally. :mindblown:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Steele top 25 has been released.

3 OSU - We know they'll be good but we have to see how long it takes for them to reach the true potential. If they win their first two games they go to #1.

11 Wis

14 Penn

18 Indiana

23 Iowa

@DropTopDoc

Need ya help, breh.

Can't seem to find a certain B1G charity organization.

tenor.gif

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
My SEC predictions which will probably be wrong

1. Alabama
2. LSU (assuming the off the field stuff doesn’t derail the season)
3. A&M
4. Ole Miss
5. Auburn
6. Arkansas
7. Mississippi State

1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. Missouri
4. Kentucky
5. South Carolina
6. Tennessee
7. Vanderbilt

I think the west will be pretty strong compared to recent years

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
My SEC predictions which will probably be wrong

1. Alabama
2. LSU (assuming the off the field stuff doesn’t derail the season)
3. A&M
4. Ole Miss
5. Auburn
6. Arkansas
7. Mississippi State

1. Georgia
2. Florida
3. Missouri
4. Kentucky
5. South Carolina
6. Tennessee
7. Vanderbilt