The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Damn.:francis:

Really don't see how this is "great" for college football. The kids deserve to be paid somehow bc of all the money they generate.

BUT, If Phil Knight is out here doing 5 & 6-figure side deals with players, how does any school compete with that?

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

Really don't see how this is "great" for college football. The kids deserve to be paid somehow bc of all the money they generate.

BUT, If Phil Knight is out here doing 5 & 6-figure side deals with players, how does any school compete with that?

Meh we just took the #1 player from them. No big deal

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It’ll be alright. Don’t overthink it. It ain’t like there was a lot of parity anyway

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Meh we just took the #1 player from them. No big deal
Miami is about to pay every player on scholly a base of $6,000. I actually don't have an issue with that

I'd say it's a big deal. Once the season starts and players start to stand out, more deals will roll in, and some of these verbal commits will flip. No kid(well most) is going to tOSU, OU, Texas etc if another school is offering $90-100k thru a donor/booster.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Nike has to be careful with that to not piss off their sponsored schools, but i got no problem with it

Miami is about to pay every player on scholly a base of $6,000. I actually don't have an issue with that

I'd say it's a big deal. Once the season starts and players start to stand out, more deals will roll in, and some of these verbal commits will flip. No kid(well most) is going to tOSU, OU, Texas etc if another school is offering $90-100k thru a donor/booster.

Shiid them kids was probably getting them checks too

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

Most of the college football “stars” haven’t announced their deals yet. There will be more of those 6 figure deals than you think around college football. Long overdue

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

How many kids can a booster realistically get with that? Football has big rosters and every player doesn't have that much visibility. Plus there's caps on how many players you can bring in.