The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

I look at this and really all of these schools just have the means to go nationally if they want to. Some might not allocate funds like that for appearance reasons, and some recruit out of state but not completely out of region, for stronghold reasons or lack of talent in state

Oregon, mainly Cristobal, has pipes littered throughout the south and gets enough of the better west dudes. Auburn had a building pipe with Mississippi, Texas and Florida when they had a few different coordinators on staff. I think it’s more to it than “you have to be National”. You should be if you can though

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I look at this and really all of these schools just have the means to go nationally if they want to. Some might not allocate funds like that for appearance reasons, and some recruit out of state but not completely out of region, for stronghold reasons or lack of talent in state

Oregon, mainly Cristobal, has pipes littered throughout the south and gets enough of the better west dudes. Auburn had a building pipe with Mississippi, Texas and Florida when they had a few different coordinators on staff. I think it’s more to it than “you have to be National”. You should be if you can though
Really it’s just you need to have national connections in the right spots. Nobody cares if you got good connections in Delaware or Montana. Ain’t no good recruits out there

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202

His wording is a little confusing to me...is he talking about a bigger scandal at ASU? Or a completely different situation at another school?

In any case, I think dude's going to be doing a lot of juelzing when it's said and done.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Really it’s just you need to have national connections in the right spots. Nobody cares if you got good connections in Delaware or Montana. Ain’t no good recruits out there
I think Auburn should try a team of hard nosed tough guys from the mid East Coast or the flyover states. Build an identity of first to work last to leave

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Auburn should try a team of hard nosed tough guys from the mid East Coast or the flyover states. Build an identity of first to work last to leave
Ehhh nah IMO. I see what you saying but this ain’t Boise state no more. Them boys would get did dirty trying that shyt against the type of talent we play. Maybe a couple but not a team full of them. We’d be Vandy status

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Ehhh nah IMO. I see what you saying but this ain’t Boise state no more. Them boys would get did dirty trying that shyt against the type of talent we play. Maybe a couple but not a team full of them. We’d be Vandy status
so you don't think a defense of Skalskis and Jake Hollands ain't winning in the SEC? :troll:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
we all know it’s trials and tribulations in this game, but I’m tired of the creators of the law picking and choosing how and when it’s a violation to explore
The creators ain’t the ones actively seeking out who to target. Again, Mawae who’s a fmr coach at ASU, is alleged to be the one dropping dimes. Hell, the NCAA doesn’t even have the manpower to go after every violator so they have to rely on snitches. Is what it is. Be cautious with your hiring practices and disseminate info on a need to know basis. :manny: The onus should be on the conferences to police this but they won’t cause it affects the bottom line

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

the truth of the matter is, it just doesn’t work to stay local or regional, with shifts in populations and other teams eating in your regional bowl you gotta expand, plus you’d be a fool not to swipe kids in hotbeds

Or take the msu route scoop up 3 stars or kids with high upside and challenge Bama every 2 or so years

yep

The creators ain’t the ones actively seeking out who to target. Again, Mawae who’s a fmr coach at ASU, is alleged to be the one dropping dimes. Hell, the NCAA doesn’t even have the manpower to go after every violator so they have to rely on snitches. Is what it is. Be cautious with your hiring practices and disseminate info on a need to know basis. :manny: The onus should be on the conferences to police this but they won’t cause it affects the bottom line

I hear you, you got your notions i got mines

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so you don't think a defense of Skalskis and Jake Hollands ain't winning in the SEC? :troll:
Holland’s slow ass was a 4 star coming out of HS. But if we got a bunch of them they’d bring they lunch pail to work and play the right way :troll:

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Yea a coach's recruiting connections is a big part of what Saban looks at when hiring. Golding has Louisiana connections that's one of the reasons I've always liked him