The OFFICIAL 2021 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
He’s not helped himself, with his qb decisions, also he has to stop being conservative in his offense. he’s gone with the efficient starter, because it’s not like fields was getting beat out by some scrub, ( I say that with a grain of salt) he wasn’t a world beater, but he was no scrub. I think we also see Bama and say, why can’t other coaches put it together, while not realizing how much goes into getting a chip.

:what: You couldn’t possibly believe that
If I didn’t watch the games, I wouldn’t believe it either. 2017, Auburn wins by 23 in the first game (30 without a late garbage time TD), then loses by 21. 2019, UGA won by a TD. Idk what measure you’re looking at, but they’re pretty close :hubie:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
If I didn’t watch the games, I wouldn’t believe it either. 2017, Auburn wins by 23 in the first game (30 without a late garbage time TD), then loses by 21. 2019, UGA won by a TD. Idk what measure you’re looking at, but they’re pretty close :hubie:

this is where you can tell folks look at a game but don’t remember and quote you stats without context, in 2019 with probably your best defense in a while, and really it was front 7, it was a defensive battle, Fromm had one bomb, but he spent most of the game handing to sweat, his touchdowns came in the red zone, minus the bomb, i get it bo was a freshman, but apparently the offense was given to him in high school, a lot of the offense struggle was on gus, but Bo ain’t help. Uga was offensively terrible that season so the reality is y’all had a late surge but honestly didn’t do shyt all game til late in the 4th, there decent trench, was better than your best defensive trench in a while, it’s just you got two coaches who can’t help themselves, Auburn and uga ain’t been neck and neck talent wise in a while, and usually they have been consistently better

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Yeah Kirby is trying to use the 2008-2013 Alabama blueprint but that blueprint has been thrown in the trash, I mean Fromm was an immobile QB barely throwing for 200 yards a game, you can’t win like that in CFB today. Also, you’re right, you can try to copy a famous recipe but it’s never going to come close to the original cause the original had a little extra something that you just can’t emulate. That’s kind of been the problem with most of Saban’s disciples, although Lane is doing things his own way.

Swear i say that all the time it’s like Kirby stuck in windows 07, and refuses to upgrade, what doubles down the issues is picking the safe qb. But i was saying we are spoiled by Bama having a historical run so folks look and say well why no chips for so and so, I’m like it’s not easy don’t let Bama success fool you. And barring some victory finally if uga keeps giving Kirby time, or clips him, all they gon do is pay a new guy to find a different way to lose maybe he gets you a chip maybe not

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
this is where you can tell folks look at a game but don’t remember and quote you stats without context, in 2019 with probably your best defense in a while, and really it was front 7, it was a defensive battle, Fromm had one bomb, but he spent most of the game handing to sweat, his touchdowns came in the red zone, minus the bomb, i get it bo was a freshman, but apparently the offense was given to him in high school, a lot of the offense struggle was on gus, but Bo ain’t help. Uga was offensively terrible that season so the reality is y’all had a late surge but honestly didn’t do shyt all game til late in the 4th, there decent trench, was better than your best defensive trench in a while, it’s just you got two coaches who can’t help themselves, Auburn and uga ain’t been neck and neck talent wise in a while, and usually they have been consistently better
90% of this post ain't saying nothing breh. My point was the two teams were close, this rigmarole around trying to break the minutia down of it doesn't disprove that. I can say Auburn had a contentious pass overturned that would've at the least gotten them in the 30s/FG range, or they had a 4th and 2 pass miss by inches, or they missed another FG on the opening drive, and a couple other drives that didn't make it past right outside of Carlson's range

my main point is that the teams were close. No one remembers the 2013 game as being "Auburn was up 4 possessions and yadda yadda" they remember it as a close game. As far as the defense stuff...they produced almost the same point total against 2 similar opponents, except for the LSU game where their "decent trench" tried to run our defensive line strategy against that team and gave up 37 points!

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Gus, with 10 non-NFL players, put up 65 and 56 on two top 19 teams in 2010 :wow: my goat

edit: speaking of bro, I think he’s literally the only active coach with 5 career wins vs Alabama. 2 as OC and then another 2 0.5 wins you could count in 2009 and 2014

Last edited: