The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Depending on how you view their coaches, Iowa State Kansas State could be an interesting game for Michigan fans this Saturday...

@DropTopDoc What do you think of Chris Kleiman? Before KSU he won 4 Championships at NDSU, which sort of mirrors Jim Tressel's reign at YSU (we discussed a while ago). However, Craig Bohl, currently HC at Wyoming, is actually the one who built NDSU and it kind of feels like successors (Kleiman and now Entz) have just shown great stewardship.

Anyway, If Campbell wins out, he should be near the top of Michigan's list to replace Harbaugh. Going 8-2 while beating teams like Oklahoma and Texas, who clearly have more talent, makes him easier to sell to those that don't quite understand how shytty of a job ISU is (I thought he chose poorly when he initially took the job).

so i look at his offense at KSU he’s kind of qb runner/ get it to fringe guys and try to feast off of weaker defenses, and some smash mouth concepts, that works in Manhattan, where most D lines they face are not of the 4-5 star variety or just some big ass men, does it work in Columbus and happy valley?? What about camp Randall??? at ndsu when you get D1 cast offs and decent 3 stars and the rest of your comp is getting one to two stars you tend to dominate, so how much stock can you put in that ? I don’t know, because it could be he’s a fukking genius or he could be steam rolling his lesser comp, i wouldn’t mind him on staff, but i don’t think he’s ready to run this level of program, add in the politics and media shyt, and i wonder will be too much, in Manhattan he can be obscure not sure what it’s like at ndsu, also what’s his recruiting base middle of no where fly over states, i think hed be a good fit at Nebraska because he has his base in their backyard there will be spread and smash mouth concepts but without some deep in depth look at his teams i couldn’t pull the trigger on him

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
I think Campbell will be a good fit, but no matter who the coach is, is he going to convince the school to be committed to football (open up the purse strings to get the talent we need) and what’s campbells pipeline ?? Can he get us some Texas kids and keep the Cali connection?? And Jersey ?? @intra vires

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Depending on how you view their coaches, Iowa State Kansas State could be an interesting game for Michigan fans this Saturday...

@DropTopDoc What do you think of Chris Kleiman? Before KSU he won 4 Championships at NDSU, which sort of mirrors Jim Tressel's reign at YSU (we discussed a while ago). However, Craig Bohl, currently HC at Wyoming, is actually the one who built NDSU and it kind of feels like successors (Kleiman and now Entz) have just shown great stewardship.

Anyway, If Campbell wins out, he should be near the top of Michigan's list to replace Harbaugh. Going 8-2 while beating teams like Oklahoma and Texas, who clearly have more talent, makes him easier to sell to those that don't quite understand how shytty of a job ISU is (I thought he chose poorly when he initially took the job).

so i look at his offense at KSU he’s kind of qb runner/ get it to fringe guys and try to feast off of weaker defenses, and some smash mouth concepts, that works in Manhattan, where most D lines they face are not of the 4-5 star variety or just some big ass men, does it work in Columbus and happy valley?? What about camp Randall??? at ndsu when you get D1 cast offs and decent 3 stars and the rest of your comp is getting one to two stars you tend to dominate, so how much stock can you put in that ? I don’t know, because it could be he’s a fukking genius or he could be steam rolling his lesser comp, i wouldn’t mind him on staff, but i don’t think he’s ready to run this level of program, add in the politics and media shyt, and i wonder will be too much, in Manhattan he can be obscure not sure what it’s like at ndsu, also what’s his recruiting base middle of no where fly over states, i think hed be a good fit at Nebraska because he has his base in their backyard there will be spread and smash mouth concepts but without some deep in depth look at his teams i couldn’t pull the trigger on him

Yall just turning on Jimmy like the scUMbags yall are :scust:. Hoe scUMbelecher rolling over in his grave :scusthov:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Yall just turning on Jimmy like the scUMbags yall are :scust:. Hoe scUMbelecher rolling over in his grave :scusthov:

Jim has run his course, it’s time to build off of that, all this isn’t on him but realistically i think this is as high as we can get with him

to quote the black eyed peas “we be falling up, never falling down”

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
And therein lies Michigan’s issue