The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
https://www.si.com/college/michigan...-upset-loss-paul-bunyan-wolverines-mel-tucker

Get this motherfukker all the way up outta here. :camby:

All of these quotes are damning as hell.

fukk.

This.

Guy.

A

fukking

Greed.

whole program is a joke
fbf24d8dd68c4660c424a9e32eaf9516.png

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
That genius @Trust Me , the venerable @Regular_P , and the brilliant @DropTopDoc all wanted him. :usure:
I wasn't here when he was hired so I'll let them speak for themselves. On paper, he was a great hire though...

Wisky Purdue game cancelled too.
So how many games Wisconsin gonna play as of right now like 6? :mjlol:

At this point, who the hell wants to play them and risk contracting the virus?

Rich Rod never got a fair shake. :noah:

He won three bowl games at Arizona, which is more than Michigan. He won more road games against ranked opponents at Arizona including @ Oregon when they were ranked #2 and that Ducks' squad eventually made it to the National Championship game. Tell me how that's any worse than what Michigan has achieved since he's been gone? :jbhmm:

RichFraud supporters still exist in 2020?
IrhFI3ap_o.gif

He had the worst defenses in FBS football and there's no reason to believe he would have ever fixed that. His gimmick offense wasn't all that effective against good B1G teams and his record in the B1G was is under .500 every season. His squads got ran off the field 2/3 times vs o$u and that was with Tressel, who was notorious for nursing leads to the point where the other team might make a game out of it.

The sexual harasser's 3 bowl victories at Arizona came over noted powerhouses Nevada (7-6), Boston College (7-6), and New Mexico (7-6). When has Michigan ever faced the sisters of the poor in a bowl game? I suppose you failed to mention that same Oregon team later beat them 51-13 because that would have undermined that fluke victory you're touting.

Back to his tenure at Michigan since that's all that really matters. He lost to a 3-9 Toledo team, which is arguably the worst loss in Michigan football history considering Appalachian St was an FCS dynasty when that loss occurred (they would have destroyed Toledo). He got the program put on probation. Quite frankly, his offensive skill position recruiting was nothing to write home about either. I know we all love Devin, D-Rob, Roundtree, and Gallon but c'mon now if this guy is an offensive genius you'd think he would have had more hits.

At best, RichFraud's proven to be a low-tier P5/mid-major coach who owes his career to Pat White and Steve Slaton. The moment everyone started to use the spread he looked outdated rather than innovative. Meanwhile, Mike Leach was able to keep up after the air raid became popular...

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I wasn't here when he was hired so I'll let them speak for themselves. On paper, he was a great hire though...

IrhFI3ap_o.gif

He had the worst defenses in FBS football and there's no reason to believe he would have ever fixed that. His gimmick offense wasn't all that effective against good B1G teams and his record in the B1G was is under .500 every season. His squads got ran off the field 2/3 times vs o$u and that was with Tressel, who was notorious for nursing leads to the point where the other team might make a game out of it.

The sexual harasser's 3 bowl victories at Arizona came over noted powerhouses Nevada (7-6), Boston College (7-6), and New Mexico (7-6). When has Michigan ever faced the sisters of the poor in a bowl game? I suppose you failed to mention that same Oregon team later beat them 51-13 because that would have undermined that fluke victory you're touting.

Back to his tenure at Michigan since that's all that really matters. He lost to a 3-9 Toledo team, which is arguably the worst loss in Michigan football history considering Appalachian St was an FCS dynasty when that loss occurred (they would have destroyed Toledo). He got the program put on probation. Quite frankly, his offensive skill position recruiting was nothing to write home about either. I know we all love Devin, D-Rob, Roundtree, and Gallon but c'mon now if this guy is an offensive genius you'd think he would have had more hits.

At best, RichFraud's proven to be a low-tier P5/mid-major coach who owes his career to Pat White and Steve Slaton. The moment everyone started to use the spread he looked outdated rather than innovative. Meanwhile, Mike Leach was able to keep up after the air raid became popular...

damn these points sound familiar, it must be gospel

giphy.gif

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
no worse than harbaugh, this dude still had the Lloyd Carr talent, at least that he didn’t chase off, and won 3 games his first year, 5 games his second year, and killed it his final year going 7-6 yet y’all want to act like what we have now is so much worse, you remember what it was like winning 3 and 5 games ?? Do you?? I’m not saying be ok with us losing to a deflated msu, or Franklin or that we shouldn’t want to get over the hump against osu, but let’s not have a revisionist history of what we were post Carr. Like i said before the games changed, either you are an institution or football factory and until we choose factory this is us, keep Jim, clip Jim, it does not solve that part, maybe the next guy gets us those coveted 1-2 wins that we have not been getting, you think the talent finally comes in to beat that team down in Columbus or the other top 1-5% in college football?? You honestly think those extra wins make a kid say ok Michigan instead of Columbus or Tuscaloosa??

And them bowl wins you bragging on, while he was at Arizona was against mighty New Mexico, Boston College, and New Mexico again, anytime he was at a school where shyt mattered he folded like wet cardboard, and I’ll say it again he owes everything to Pat White, because he’s been living off those years, for years

Breh, that was not a Lloyd Carr talented team he inherited. Henne/Mallet were gone, as well as Manningham, Arrington and Hart. Every leading skill position player was gone from the previous year (Carr personally advised Mallet to transfer). There was nothing leftover offensively. He had to start from scratch in that regard.

And didn't Brady Hoke go 11-2 with Rich Rod's players? Then the team tailed off each year after? :ohhh:

IrhFI3ap_o.gif

Doesn't Harbaugh's offense/defense look like shyt against almost every decent team as well? :ohhh:

Fluke win...breh, we would all take a fluke win over osu at this point.

Read "Three and Out" to read how much Rich Rod got undermined during his tenure. He isn't perfect and made mistakes of his own but you can't name another coach outside of Texas that was given as little support as him. People were trying to get him fired after his first month.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Breh, that was not a Lloyd Carr talented team he inherited. Henne/Mallet were gone, as well as Manningham, Arrington and Hart. Every leading skill position player was gone from the previous year (Carr personally advised Mallet to transfer). There was nothing leftover offensively. He had to start from scratch in that regard.

And didn't Brady Hoke go 11-2 with Rich Rod's players? Then the team tailed off each year after? :ohhh:

Doesn't Harbaugh's offense/defense look like shyt against almost every decent team as well? :ohhh:

Fluke win...breh, we would all take a fluke win over osu at this point.

Read "Three and Out" to read how much Rich Rod got undermined during his tenure. He isn't perfect and made mistakes of his own but you can't name another coach outside of Texas that was given as little support as him. People were trying to get him fired after his first month.

:martin: Come on bruh you better than this, nah man