FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mandel: Predicting the results for the Pac-12’s conference-only football lineup
Pac-12 North
1. Oregon (9-1)
Wins: Colorado, at Washington State, Arizona State, at Oregon State, Washington, USC, at Arizona, Stanford

Losses: at Utah

Defending Rose Bowl champ Oregon is loaded on defense and just needs new QB Tyler Shough to be decent. But the Pac-12 office surely had an eye for drama when it added Oregon-Utah as the teams’ 10th game. Kyle Whittingham will be clamoring for revenge after last year’s Pac-12 title game humiliation. I wouldn’t give the retooling Utes (nine new defensive starters) much of a shot were the game earlier, by season’s end, sure, they could be Playoff spoiler like Oregon was for them last year.

2. Cal (8-2)
Wins: at Oregon State, Washington, at Washington State, Stanford, at Arizona, Utah, UCLA

Losses: at USC, Oregon

Cal, which returns QB Chase Garbers and nearly every other offensive contributor, has the makings of its first legit conference title contender since the Jeff Tedford era. Even without star LB Evan Weaver, the defense is experienced. I just don’t think the overall talent is quite high enough to sustain a high level of play the entire season. Close, but not quite.

3. Washington (6-4)
Wins: Arizona, Oregon State, Colorado, at Utah, UCLA, at Washington State

Losses: Stanford, at Cal, at Oregon, at USC

Jimmy Lake’s first season at the helm comes under challenging circumstances, starting with the fact he’ll have to navigate a three-man quarterback competition starting next month. The bet here is on sophomore Jacob Sirmon, though FCS grad transfer Kevin Thomson is intriguing. I’d expect it will be a little bumpy.

4. Stanford (5-5)
Wins: at Washington, at Washington State, Oregon State, Colorado, Arizona

Losses: at Arizona State, USC, at Cal, at UCLA, at Oregon

David Shaw’s team should rebound after last year’s 4-8 debacle, buoyed by QB Davis Mills, a strong receiving crops and the return of All-American T Walker Little who missed all of last season. But the Cardinal are still lacking the type of elite guys in the front seven that were once a staple in Palo Alto. 500 feels about right.

5. Oregon State (3-7)
Wins: at Utah, at Arizona, at Colorado

Losses: Cal, UCLA, Oregon, at Washington, at Stanford, Washington State, at Arizona State

Jonathan Smith’s team made impressive strides last season, improving from 2-10 to 5-7, but the Beavers lost not only QB Jake Luton but a whole lot of experience on the offensive line. RB Jermar Jefferson and LB Hamilcar Rashed are bona fide stars, but it’s hard to see the Beavers finishing higher than fifth.

6. Washington State (2-8)
Wins: at Oregon State, at Colorado

Losses: Utah, Oregon, at UCLA, Cal, at Stanford, at USC, Washington

Nick Rolovich was a great hire who will go on to do great things, but man, I do not envy coaches taking over programs this year. Especially when, in Rolovich’s case, he’s attempting to replace Mike Leach’s famed Air Raid with his own prolific Run ’n’ Shoot offense without a regular offseason to install it.

Pac-12 South
1. USC (8-2)
Wins: Cal, at Stanford, Colorado, at Arizona, Washington State, Arizona State, Washington

Losses: at Oregon, at Utah

Kedon Slovis and the Trojans have the pieces to win the league. But it wouldn’t be a USC season unless fan favorite Clay Helton, freed from having to play Alabama and Notre Dame, starts 6-0, rises into the Top 5 in the polls, then loses a couple down the stretch but still wins the division, leaving everyone dissatisfied.

2. Arizona State (7-3)
Wins: at Arizona, Stanford, UCLA, at Colorado, Utah, at Washington State, Oregon State

Losses: at Oregon, at USC, Cal

Herm Edwards has a rising star to build around now in sophomore QB Jayden Daniels, though the Sun Devils’ offense is going to be relying heavily on freshmen at the skill positions and transfers up front. But I could certainly see the defense taking some big strides with the direction of highly overqualified coordinator Marvin Lewis.

3. Utah (6-4)
Wins: at Washington State, at Colorado, at UCLA, Arizona, USC, Oregon

Losses: Oregon State, at Arizona State, Washington, at Cal

Utah lost a whole lot of seniors — including most of its starting defense — from last year’s breakout 11-3 team, but Kyle Whittingham just reloads with more stud D-linemen. The offense may struggle at times with a new QB (South Carolina grad transfer Jake Bentley?) and no Zack Moss. Expect the Utes to be formidable but a bit all over the map.

4. UCLA (5-5)
Wins: at Oregon State, at Washington State, Stanford, at Colorado, Arizona

Losses: USC, Utah, at Arizona State, at Washington, at Cal

Nobody’s happier about playing zero nonconference games than Chip Kelly, who’s gone 0-6 in them to date with the Bruins. (Granted, two were against Oklahoma). Provided QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson continues improving, the Bruins should finally be more consistent on offense.

5. Colorado (1-9)
Wins: at Arizona

Losses: at Oregon, Utah, at USC, at Washington, UCLA, at Stanford, Oregon State, Washington State

Head coach Karl Dorrell didn’t get hired until late February, then he lost spring practice and missed out on months of in-person time with his new players. Oh, and Colorado will be breaking in a completely inexperienced quarterback. Not an ideal formula.

6. Arizona (0-10)
Wins: None

Losses: Arizona State, at Washington, Colorado, USC, at Utah, at Oregon State, Cal, Oregon, at UCLA, at Stanford

The best-case scenario for Kevin Sumlin’s third season is that it gets canceled altogether.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Not bad for a program not known for offense

On another note:

It’s crazy how the SEC West has had all the transcendent talents compared to the SEC East.

Haven't pulled up any numbers yet but how the hell did Hurts win that shyt in 2016?

I know he had a lot of runs and ish, But I bet his numbers compared to Tua's numbers in 2018 are crazy "weak". Then again I can't really recall any standout QBs in 2016 in the SEC.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Haven't pulled up any numbers yet but how the hell did Hurts win that shyt in 2016?

I know he had a lot of runs and ish, But I bet his numbers compared to Tua's numbers in 2018 are crazy "weak". Then again I can't really recall any standout QBs in 2016 in the SEC.

He had 36 Total TDs that year (23 Passing, 13 rushing).

The other QBs in the conference that year were:

Jacob Eason
Josh Dobbs
Chad Kelly
Nick Fitzgerald
Jake Bentley
Trevor Knight
Danny Etling
Luke Del Rio
Sean White/Jeremy Johnson
Austin Allen
Stephen Johnson
Drew Lock
Kyle Shurmur

It was a really down year for the conference as a whole

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

Jacob Eason
Josh Dobbs
Chad Kelly
Nick Fitzgerald
Jake Bentley
Trevor Knight
Danny Etling
Luke Del Rio
Austin Allen
Stephen Johnson
Drew Lock
Kyle Shurmur

I had literally forgot all about this bum :scust:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

Jacob Eason
Josh Dobbs
Chad Kelly
Nick Fitzgerald
Jake Bentley
Trevor Knight
Danny Etling
Luke Del Rio
Austin Allen
Stephen Johnson
Drew Lock
Kyle Shurmur

No bias....I promise no bias here. But I think the only guy that really could’ve contended with him down the stretch was Pettway if he didn’t get hurt. His numbers after he got the job were :mjtf: but Spurts still deserved it, even tho he was :beli:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

how dead i am

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No bias....I promise no bias here. But I think the only guy that really could’ve contended with him down the stretch was Pettway if he didn’t get hurt. His numbers after he got the job were :mjtf: but Spurts still deserved it, even tho he was :beli:
It’s so damn crazy him and Kerryon was never healthy at the same time. Literally when one got healthy the other got hurt and vice versa