The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
@UserNameless @Killah Ray @Illin Degenerate @fat buddy

What yall think about the coming season for the Gamecocks. Seems we're going to lose the non conference games other than maybe one.

I'm expecting big things out of Llyod, Powers, and Shaw to step up and provide offense. I think those guys are Mike Bobo style players. I feel that the OL will be pretty good with the JUCO kid Turnetine take over the RT spot and Wonum on the other side only OL with Gynn and Hutcherson(high draft pick) issue maybe Manos at center. I think the big question is can Shi Smith take over and be the #1 guy. Ortre and Ran Davis need to stay health as well. Honestly, BMc kind of left us for dead at WR he recruited a lot of experimental (smh at Vann dude was a true camp guy it seems) players at the position that Champ signed off on over the years. Hell, I read a few weeks ago that Colin Hill (who played high school ball at Doormat) is challenging to be QB1 in the fall. I hope Bobo has a good plan for the offense just to manage and not go 3 and out like we saw last season.

Defensively, I'll put our DL up there as top 5 in the SEC even with the departures of Wonum and Kinlaw. Aaron Sterling is a really quick pass rusher. Pickens(who is a monster last I saw) Sandrigde, and Thomas are good interior linemen. We need Enagbare, Johnson to be productive and not get played by Burch. I'll double down that Jones is a top LB in the SEC. During spring before the cancellation Kaba was out there looking like a starter from what the pay sites were saying. Jaycee took a year off last year dude was flat out a basic CB last season (that UNC interception miss killed him) I know he is better than what we saw. Izzy showed flashes of being an All American at corner although he still needs some work. Jammie Robinson, is probably the 1st or 2nd best player on the defense. The safety position is all over the place I can't call it right now.

(Our creative media team needs to watch certain words they use by the way)

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
@No Sleep

good observations. I honestly at a loss . I think I we’ll be better at some positions than last season and worse at others . Overall we should be a little better than last season and the record should reflect that (considering the grade curve needed for the truncated schedule) , however I don’t foresee another big leap by any means. Maybe next season, we’ll make that leap again , but this season will be critical in building up the capital (in all phases of the game on and off field ) to making that leap again . If I see more regression , I’m washing my hands . Not washing my hands of rooting for my Gamecocks but washing my hands of my own expectations that we’ll make another leap to making another SEC chip game anytime soon . Trying not to think like this , but if we regress again , it’s a top down infrastructure issue . And it takes yeeeeeara to address , dismantle and rebuild that .

Shyt, look at Tennessee.

but I highly doubt they’ll be a season or that the season will be completed anyway . Hope I’m wrong and it’s pulled off and everyone stays healthy , but if not , maybe it’ll be for the best . Coming in under these circumstances for a team that didnt reload per se , but trying build and prime themselves for a leap, is NOT ideal AT ALL.

:snoop:

What language do you take issue with from the media team ?

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Why are players opting out of playing the season like they're NBA standouts and they're playing college basketball? :wtf: You cats are not Wiseman and LaMelo Ball and the NFL does not work like that. Mess around and go from being a first or second rounder to being a fifth rounder to not being drafted at all. Unless you're a Trevor Lawrence, stop it with the delusions. :camby:

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
@No Sleep

good observations. I honestly at a loss . I think I we’ll be better at some positions than last season and worse at others . Overall we should be a little better than last season and the record should reflect that (considering the grade curve needed for the truncated schedule) , however I don’t foresee another big leap by any means. Maybe next season, we’ll make that leap again , but this season will be critical in building up the capital (in all phases of the game on and off field ) to making that leap again . If I see more regression , I’m washing my hands . Not washing my hands of rooting for my Gamecocks but washing my hands of my own expectations that we’ll make another leap to making another SEC chip game anytime soon . Trying not to think like this , but if we regress again , it’s a top down infrastructure issue . And it takes yeeeeeara to address , dismantle and rebuild that .

Shyt, look at Tennessee.

but I highly doubt they’ll be a season or that the season will be completed anyway . Hope I’m wrong and it’s pulled off and everyone stays healthy , but if not , maybe it’ll be for the best . Coming in under these circumstances for a team that didnt reload per se , but trying build and prime themselves for a leap, is NOT ideal AT ALL.

:snoop:

What language do you take issue with from the media team ?

I agree with every word you said and that's my feelings. I like Muschamp as a coach everyday except Saturday and that's the day that matters. If he can't win 7-8 this season I think its time for him to take the HC job at Youngstown State of somewhere. I do however think that Ray Tanner will also be done. I hope he can turn it around and not turn the facilities (which are some of the best in the nation) over to Shawn Elliot.

They used the word "standard" we should never use that word or the saying "All In" on anything we do.

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh yeah Gamecocks have the best indoor facility in College Football. The one from the picture above is a joke doesn't have proper AC.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
I agree with every word you said and that's my feelings. I like Muschamp as a coach everyday except Saturday and that's the day that matters. If he can't win 7-8 this season I think its time for him to take the HC job at Youngstown State of somewhere. I do however think that Ray Tanner will also be done. I hope he can turn it around and not turn the facilities (which are some of the best in the nation) over to Shawn Elliot.

They used the word "standard" we should never use that word or the saying "All In" on anything we do.

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh yeah Gamecocks have the best Indoor facility in College Football. The one from the picture above is a joke doesn't have proper AC.

well said . I agree with everything you said too, including usage of the word “standard .” It gave me some pause when I saw it but the way you worded it makes sense . And So glad our facilities are top notch . I know that has to be a huge selling point .

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
well said . I agree with everything you said too, including usage of the word “standard .” It gave me some pause when I saw it but the way you worded it makes sense . And So glad our facilities are top notch . I know that has to be a huge selling point .

Be hard pressed to find a school with a better living area and facilities for "student- ATHLETES".

Illin Degenerate

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@UserNameless @Killah Ray @Illin Degenerate @fat buddy

What yall think about the coming season for the Gamecocks. Seems we're going to lose the non conference games other than maybe one.
id agree with almost all of that. i think im an eternal optimist most seasons, but last season tests that along with the unusual circumstances everyone is dealing with this year. i like the new strength coach paul jackson so hopefully we'll see some dividends there. oc bobo should be able to bring more of an identity and he'll hopefully have the cache to make a change at certain positions if need be. i think we have some all sec talent on defense but we need it to emerge on a consistent basis. sterling is right know the only known quantity on the edge, we need other guys to step up at de/buck. if we could get one playmaker at safety let alone some consistency that would be huge.

offensively we have talent, but noone of yet as shown there on the cusp of an all sec season. shi definitely has the talent and has shown flashes at wr. then theres a lot of unknown whether its the injuries from rand and ortre or the youth or inconsistency of the rest of the group. i dont have a lot of hope in vann, but im hopeful there is enough natural talent at the position with the likes of legette and joyner that we'll see a more explosive unit. the big question is anyone ready to be the kind of no.1 receiver we've been used to seeing since spurrier was hired.

at qb hilinski was thrown into the fire last year and had to deal with multiple injuries. it was good to see bobo be very critical of his footwork last year an area he said he saw significant improvement in the shortened spring. im still concerned hes a statue so im nowhere near ready to entrench him yet. then we bring in big experienced pocket passer colin hill so theres another option though hes coming off an acl injury. need some difference makers on offense, obviously i dont think theres a guy there yet at qb, at rb and wr maybe theres a chance.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC