The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Sorry I wanted to use some logic breh! You fire off 7 posts in any given page, our word counts end up equaling out eventually :yeshrug:
but anyway, he also speaks to modern day Clemson in the same video...IDK if you actually watched it breh :francis:
A. his logic in labeling schools how he did involves some historical context. Clemson in the grand context of peaks is going to be lower, and his example was Jimmy Johnson led Miami and I believe prime Bobby FSU, and he specifically posted it as those two coaches vs Dabo. Those teams have higher peaks than Clemson, those two coaches are greater

Now I could give you more reasons why at least his point got some merit and you just said some shyt so you could feel like LSU should be on the same level as Alabama, but again...Louisiana...reading...too many words :lolbron:
So everyone at their peak, what separates Bama from Georgia, Florida, and LSU? Beside the goofy history argument in a sport involving teenager who don’t care about that shyt

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
2018 Clemson is easily a top 10 team arguably a top 5 team all time so I don’t see why he dismisses them if Miami and FSU has their guy

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
So everyone at their peak, what separates Bama from Georgia, Florida, and LSU? Beside the goofy history argument in a sport involving teenager who don’t care about that shyt
Bama at their peak has like 7 natty appearances in 13 years. What does LSU’s peak even look like? As far as I know, Miles took them to two titles and had them as a perennial national contender. Georgia’s existence in the modern era of football has been one title. fukk a peak, that’s them. Florida’s peak would be the closest to Alabama, Spurrier dominated the East, and was right there with prime Bowden and the last elite run for the U. That being said, 4 less titles than Saban’s run

Bama’s peak is greater than just about everyone else’s, I think it’s hard to compare some of the other tier 1 schools to that, much less 3 programs that don’t have much to show before the 90s

If you don’t believe in history, I don’t even see why you even posted the Colin video, when that’s all it was talking about :russ:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

5 National Titles in 9 years.
6 SEC Titles in 9 years.
Ranked #1 during every season since 2009
Ranked in every AP Poll since 2009
33 First Round Draft Picks
2 Heisman Trophy Winners

Please tell me if UGA, Florida, or LSU’s peak compares.

Last edited:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
2018 Clemson is easily a top 10 team arguably a top 5 team all time so I don’t see why he dismisses them if Miami and FSU has their guy
They had an incredible run, but FSU and Miami were running through programs in a period of time where many blue bloods had their last gasp. Nebraska, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Colorado and Florida was hot, OSU and UGA were there, I can’t speak to more than what I’ve seen on statistics and docs, but i always believed there’s something to having to play elite teams in the regular season AND playing someone tough in the postseason. FSU’s 93 run looks like it had at least 3 teams comparable to 2018 Alabama

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Florida had a coach comparable to Saban in Urban and he turned tail the second Nick got his feet in the dirt. Then he proceeded to go to a tier 1 program :yeshrug:

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
They had an incredible run, but FSU and Miami were running through programs in a period of time where many blue bloods had their last gasp. Nebraska, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Colorado and Florida was hot, OSU and UGA were there, I can’t speak to more than what I’ve seen on statistics and docs, but i always believed there’s something to having to play elite teams in the regular season AND playing someone tough in the postseason. FSU’s 93 run looks like it had at least 3 teams comparable to 2018 Alabama
3 teams comparable? Are you forgetting people calling 2018 Bama potientally the GOAT before Clemson ran them out the field?

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Spurrier won 1 National Championship at Florida he’s not Nick Saban

And? Only competition Saban got is Bear Bryant :laugh: Spurrier is still an all time great coach and while he turned South Carolina into a respectable program, only thing he was able to muster there was a divisional title.

Where you're coaching at clearly matters.

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
And? Only competition Saban got is Bear Bryant :laugh: Spurrier is still an all time great coach and while he turned South Carolina into a respectable program, only thing he was able to muster there was a divisional title.

Where you're coaching at clearly matters.
Well if that’s the case Dabo never had a chance at Clemson yet here he is with the biggest machine in CFB