The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I wouldnt even bother posting a Colin Cowherd clip whether it was a valid point or not, but just from that quote the salty LSU fan took out + the initial tweet caption, I dont see where he's wrong

Saban's been there since 2007. just bc LSU, a program with top 5 talent every year, got past them 2 times doesn't invalidate what's an almost double digit lead in the head to head matchup. How many other head coaches are embarrassing another top 5 program in talent annually like that? Again, I didnt watch the clip but thats probably the gist of what Colin was talking about
His point was Saban with Bama beats everyone(no shyt), my point is Saban at LSU in the same time span accomplishes the same. He make it sound like the school creates the success.

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think Colin Cowherd started watching college football in 2003.

USC was a non-factor for 20 years before Carroll got there.
Alabama after Gene Stallings and before Nick Saban was just okay.

These programs aren't "different" the right coach still needs to be in place.

Last edited:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
His point was Saban with Bama beats everyone(no shyt), my point is Saban at LSU in the same time span accomplishes the same. He make it sound like the school creates the success.
I just watched the video, what he's saying is that some programs end up higher than others, even when they have comparable levels of coaches. Specifically, if those 4 have a tier 1 coach, they're going to experience the most highs. He even uses an example (Oklahoma and Texas) to show that. LSU had a tier 1 coach while Bama had some bum ass dudes during that Saban tenure. What you're saying doesn't disprove that. He also adds a tier 2 that can sometimes disrupt what those tier 1 programs are doing if THEY have their elite coaches

If Bama started consistently getting smacked up by Orgeron, or Gus, or Kirby, it'd disprove what he's saying

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
And just to add this, that's exactly what happened. Two Tier 2 programs have snuck out titles from under Saban's Alabama with some of their all time best football teams and one was a 2nd and 27 from doing the same. But that's only 3 years, almost 4 if you counted the FSU loss, in a 13 year tenure? That's as close as foot on neck season could be in the modern SEC

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Saban won a championship in 4 years at LSU with no history to feed off of, now imagine him at LSU while Louisiana high school football is entering their Golden era For the next 15 years

He won a BCS NC before leaving. Only thing he figured out was he was better off in college.
Saban’s last lsu team was weak af and had no business even beating Oregon St in the opener that season. Dude didn’t have things rolling by any stretch of the imagination.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps

We need to get this beast he would be a day 1 starter

We’ll put on the full court press after Latham’s moms got smutted out by Nicholas Saban and convinced him to go there. He won’t be day 1 here but he’ll play in no time.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I just watched the video, what he's saying is that some programs end up higher than others, even when they have comparable levels of coaches. Specifically, if those 4 have a tier 1 coach, they're going to experience the most highs. He even uses an example (Oklahoma and Texas) to show that. LSU had a tier 1 coach while Bama had some bum ass dudes during that Saban tenure. What you're saying doesn't disprove that. He also adds a tier 2 that can sometimes disrupt what those tier 1 programs are doing if THEY have their elite coaches

If Bama started consistently getting smacked up by Orgeron, or Gus, or Kirby, it'd disprove what he's saying
All that babbling :hhh: Clemson is not a tier 1 school by his definition but Dabo comes in and has whooped Stoops, Urban, and Saban

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
:mjlol: So Saban with Fournette, Guice, OBJ, Landry, and Tre White is not winning championships here?
Maybe, Maybe not.

Dude clearly didn’t want to be there & didn’t have the passion for CFB that flaming out in the nfl gave him back.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
That’s a dumb stat that’s not even 2 years

Not really.. there's no reason Sparty cant even accidentally land a 4 star.

Rutgers can pull 4 stars.
Missouri can pull 4 stars.
Pitt can pull 4 stars.
SMU can pull 4 stars.
Indiana can pull 4 stars.
LOUISIANA TECH can pull 4 stars.

Why cant Michigan State?

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
All that babbling :hhh: Clemson is not a tier 1 school by his definition but Dabo comes in and has whooped Stoops, Urban, and Saban
Sorry I wanted to use some logic breh! You fire off 7 posts in any given page, our word counts end up equaling out eventually :yeshrug:
but anyway, he also speaks to modern day Clemson in the same video...IDK if you actually watched it breh :francis:
A. his logic in labeling schools how he did involves some historical context. Clemson in the grand context of peaks is going to be lower, and his example was Jimmy Johnson led Miami and I believe prime Bobby FSU, and he specifically posted it as those two coaches vs Dabo. Those teams have higher peaks than Clemson, those two coaches are greater

Now I could give you more reasons why at least his point got some merit and you just said some shyt so you could feel like LSU should be on the same level as Alabama, but again...Louisiana...reading...too many words :lolbron: