The OFFICIAL 2019 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Texas happened to him . Coli said ALWAYS take the bag, tho ... :usure:

I’m on record as being against that move for him . Knew it was a huge uphill battle that would be extremely difficult to overcome . Now his stock is lower than it has ever been and his brand is compromised.

:smh:

We still gotta spot for him if he wants to go back home to S.C. to be the DC, tho :lolbron:

I think EVERYONE knew it was not a good move or a good fit for him to go to Texas BUUUUUUUUUT we all rationalized it as he HAD to take the money man. He couldn't risk passing that up

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Texas happened to him . Coli said ALWAYS take the bag, tho ... :usure:

I’m on record as being against that move for him . Knew it was a huge uphill battle that would be extremely difficult to overcome . Now his stock is lower than it has ever been and his brand is compromised.

:smh:

We still gotta spot for him if he wants to go back home to S.C. to be the DC, tho :lolbron:

Yeah. Now seeing it. Texas was a bad move. The expectation was through the roof. Still Herman looked sus getting swept by Maryland. Looks like he may turn the program around.

I don't see how Strong is less of a HC them Muschamp tho. I would take Strong over him. Muschamp is a great DC not HC.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah. Now seeing it. Texas was a bad move. The expectation was through the roof. Still Herman looked sus getting swept by Maryland. Looks like he may turn the program around.

I don't see how Strong is less of a HC them Muschamp tho. I would take Strong over him. Muschamp is a great DC not HC.

IDK, Muschamp has "proven" more than Strong as a HC imo. Wasn't UofL a non P5 school when Strong was there?

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
IDK, Muschamp has "proven" more than Strong as a HC imo. Wasn't UofL a non P5 school when Strong was there?
Not sure but didn't he beat the Gators with Muschamp?

Louisville never gets the talent UF gets. Muschamp couldn't do anything with it. One Cinderella season and that was it.

I don't see what he has done so special at South Carolina either.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

Louisville never gets the talent UF gets. Muschamp couldn't do anything with it. One Cinderella season and that was it.

Yea I think they both the same as a HC. Muschamp seems to be a 8 wins tops coach. The type that probably is better at a non P5 school. Who knows. USCe loves him

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.

He’s been helping to recruit pretty well . And he did come into a shytty situation the way HBC left .

Had the gang at 9-4 with an inconsistent squad in 2017... coulda been a better season tho low key ...

Last season was disastrous but the hype was unwarranted ...

He’s gonna get a pass this season because the schedule is so tough and there’s still so much uncertainty ... honestly 7-8 wins would be remarkable ...

Next season will be make or break ...

And if the recruiting slows up , it’s def over for him.

@malbaker86 no we don’t love him lol we tolerate him lol

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
He’s been helping to recruit pretty well . And he did come into a shytty situation the way HBC left .

Had the gang at 9-4 with an inconsistent squad in 2017... coulda been a better season tho low key ...

Last season was disastrous but the hype was unwarranted ...

He’s gonna get a pass this season because the schedule is so tough and there’s still so much uncertainty ... honestly 7-8 wins would be remarkable ...

Next season will be make or break ...

And if the recruiting slows up , it’s def over for him.

@malbaker86 no we don’t love him lol we tolerate him lol
Yeah I can't say he'll turn it around. The Virginia game had me thinking this is a make or break year for him.

I don't know what his deal is but just seems HC is too big of a stage for him. I just looked at his record at UF. That shyt was filthy.

If y'all fire him and Barnett isn't looking good at FSU. I wouldn't hate it if they convinced him to be the DC lol

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Yeah I can't say he'll turn it around. The Virginia game had me thinking this is a make or break year for him.

I don't know what his deal is but just seems HC is too big of a stage for him. I just looked at his record at UF. That shyt was filthy.

If y'all fire him and Barnett isn't looking good at FSU. I wouldn't hate it if they convinced him to be the DC lol

Lololol ... yeah I really don’t know if he’s fit to be an HC at a P5 school but some Gamecocks are saying he’s on an 6-8 year plan :merchant: .( I’d give him 6) ... if he had a really , really strong #2 and #3 guy , and they were all on the same page , I think he’d be better because they could cover his deficiencies . The schools that are top tier year in and year out have super sharp guys at the top of the food chain . That’s easier said than done for damn near any school , tho.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Our old lockers/locker room was trash. I see why recruits are big on facilities.

9327561.jpg

Our upgraded locker room is :wow: even though it's only temporary

9327563.jpg

damn too bad I can't get a bigger pic

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Lololol ... yeah I really don’t know if he’s fit to be an HC at a P5 school but some Gamecocks are saying he’s on an 6-8 year plan :merchant: .( I’d give him 6) ... if he had a really , really strong #2 and #3 guy , and they were all on the same page , I think he’d be better because they could cover his deficiencies . The schools that are top tier year in and year out have super sharp guys at the top of the food chain . That’s easier said than done for damn near any school , tho.
Yeah dude coached with Saban. He needs to hire top notch OCs and DCs. They'll mask his deficiencies.

But yeah l think he would do better at a non power 5 school