The OFFICIAL 2019 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Somebody mentioned it before and I don't think it's a bad idea, you shouldn't be able to commit to a college before a certain time in HS. I would say something like August 1st is the earliest you can announce it because I think that would help kids take their time with their choice but on the flip side, may make them rush because spots would fill up QUICK.

And yes I know kids would pledge silently before August 1st but w/e
Yeah but then you have the underrated recruits who don’t blow up until late in the process and most of the spots at schools they’d be interested in would already be gone with basically everybody signing in December. I wouldn’t be against that rule but it’s definitely tricky

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah but then you have the underrated recruits who don’t blow up until late in the process and most of the spots at schools they’d be interested in would already be gone with basically everybody signing in December. I wouldn’t be against that rule but it’s definitely tricky

Right. I mean, the way it is, isn't bad, but it does make you :martin: :beli: when a high school freshmen or sophomore commits to a school and we know that is like a 40% chance they stay committed and sign with that school. Especially one that commits to a smaller school, say Iowa State as a sophomore going into their junior year, and then they blow up and then the Bama's and Clemson's come calling and they flip to them. I mean that's always happened but I guess the good thing in that regard is that at least the school has time to recover as oppose to my rule. Some player could announce a commitment to FIU going into their senior year and a school stops recruiting at that position and then they have a great senior season and then the Big 3 Florida schools (UF, UCF, and USF :youngsabo:) comes calling and they flip leaving FIU little time to fill that spot. It's a catch 22 either way

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
We already know you don't know football:mjlol:

Mack played well but didn't have the chemistry Milton had obviously. Plus LSU has a harder schedule so they won't have better record.
:usure: Neither Mack or Milton gonna be out there this year

https://www.si.com
Orlando Sentinel - We are currently unavailable in your region

@ReturnOfJudah I got your back

I'm talking about the score Grandpa :dead:

We dominated those dudes on the line of scrimmage and time of possession. They just had some late desperation scores on our depleted secondary. Game wasn’t close and Milton isn’t that good.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
:usure: Neither Mack or Milton gonna be out there this year

https://www.si.com
Orlando Sentinel - We are currently unavailable in your region

@ReturnOfJudah I got your back

We dominated those dudes on the line of scrimmage and time of possession. They just had some late desperation scores on our depleted secondary. Game wasn’t close and Milton isn’t that good.
Stop it. UCF hung with y'all. Bottom Line they deserved to be there. The mighty SEC should have blown them out. Auburn was supposed to the year before.

They'll be fine with Wimbush under center. Their schedule is not hard