The OFFICIAL 2019 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You bringing up injuries and stuff (whiffed recruits) and that's the EXACT situation that happened with my Gators 4-7 season in 2013 (we were down to our 3rd string QB, starting RB, DT and a rash of other injuries) yet I don't recall getting to use the same logic for our poor season. Y'all was QUICK to talk noise about beating us 35-3 and losing the GSU and what not so I ain't gonna let that fly.

Also in 2017 when we won 4 games, let's not act as if we weren't hit by injuries along with missing Callaway and Scarlett (and others due to the credit card situation) Franks not being ready to go then getting benched for Luke Del Rio only for him to go down with injuries too), a mid season coaching change, but yet in both of those seasons for the most part at least we remained COMPETITIVE.

I'm not spinning 4 and 5 games. Here's the truth...Willie was NOT expected to come in and win 5 games last year. Ain't NO FSU fan was talking that "well it's going to take a while for FSU to get it going". Y'all were running around here and in the media etc talking about contending for the ACC title and outside shot at the CFP and owning the state of Florida in recruiting. Am I lying? Now that y'all fell flat in year one and the heat's on Willie, the cape is out.

After a terrible start, Nebraska won 4 out of their last 6 and the two loses were to Iowa and OSU by a combined 8 points.

And Tennessee finished with the same record as FSU did and actually beat two ranked teams.

Are you trying to say Willie got left with a worst roster and situation than those at Tennessee and Nebraska?

More disingenuous babble. See the difference between what I said and what you're saying is that you're making excuses. In 12 games last year, FSU started 9 different offensive line combos. Before going any further down your rabbit hole of excuses, tell me how many different combos did UF in '13, in '17, Tennessee, and Nebraska use? And you look foolish out here expecting sympathy for losing to a FCS school that didn't complete a single pass. That UF team went on to have 4 players drafted in the spring.....only 2 from this past FSU squad. So either way you slice it, that UF team wasn't as young (due to FSU lack of draft eligible players) or devoid of pro talent (4 vs 2 players drafted) as FSU and still found a way to have a worse season. In fact, since that season, UF has had no less than 5 players drafted each year (including 8 in 2017), so what whiffs and/or talent disadvantage has UF been working with? UF always had the players. Since Jameis left, FSU has had two classes with just 2 players drafted.

And how dare you use a fan's excitement as the barometer over what the fukk you see with your own eyes? Of course we all were optimistic about last year. But after watching National Championship winning, top 5 recruiting class getting, $75 million dollar man, win 5 games the year before with the same team, what Willie did last year is more on par with the reality of the program than any fans blind optimism. So to answer your question, did Willie inherit a worse situation than UT or Nebraska? Well only one team was 6 points away from santions from the NCAA for the worst APR score in the Power 5. Only one team started 9 different combos up front. Take away the brand "FSU" and I don't think anyone would be envious of the position Willie was in last year. APR so low that he had to keep bad players and locker room cancers around to help with graduation and semester scores so they wouldn't get sanctioned, so he couldn't do the early overhaul Frost did with his team. So his process has been slower cause his hands were tied. He has his flaws as a coach, and I'm not excusing them. My issue is the "Willie get fired" narrative. He's not being given a fair chance at righting this ship and that's really my only gripe.

Last edited:

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are these delusional, dumbass FSU fans really trying to act like Willie's not getting all this heat b/c of the hype they put on him and the shyt they were talking about how they were going to win the title his first year, etc etc

I need you to provide proof of this "chip in year 1" narrative. Who said it? And since you said it was the sole basis for the heat he's receiving right now, it should not be hard to find. Thanks.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was the first say he shouldn't have started Francois. Also the hiring of Bell as OC and himself calling plays was a bad move also. Not saying he shouldnt' get any blame, but he had a mess to clean up. And this off season he mad strides to fix it by getting Briles and Dugan. Unlike Jimbo who kept sorry ass Charles Kelly to further deteriorate defensive play.

Every place Willie has been, the program took a turn for the better. :francis:

Even starting Francois was due to the APR. Had to keep him from transferring cause we needed his grades on the books. Same with Noonie. The four year average line for sanctions is 930....FSU was at 936. Every person's grade mattered last year. No matter how shytty they were on the field, they had to keep this thing above water before they can make any on field changes. What good is starting Blackman, regardless of his success, if it meant the team losing practice hours or being ruled ineligible for championship events cause Frenchie opted to transfer? Peep this video. It's after the NC State game and Willie in his presser kicking off the week told the media that he hadn't made a decision on QB and he'll see how the week plays out. The very next day, this clown goes right in front of the media and said he's the #1 guy and James understands that. Not only was that a shytty thing to say/do, but it gave insight to what was going on behind those walls. Frenchy knew no matter how terrible he played, he wasn't losing the gig cause the team needed him to finish out the semester. It's no coincidence, once the semester was over, Willie didn't hesitate to boot him at the first chance he could.

That's why I don't understand the local media more than anything. They knew all of this and still chose to not be truthful about the real challenges Willie was left with instead of beating the drums for him being fired. Hell, it's June and on their most popular podcast (The Nolecast) they still doing over/under segments on how many years he'll be here. It's pitiful.

And fukk Walt Bell. Maybe he would have gotten some play calling duties if he could actually "coordinate" the offense. Pre snap penalties, especially with the receivers, plagued the team all year. If the offense is uncoordinated, then that means the coordinator isn't doing his job. Yet, somehow he fell up into a head coaching job, tho.

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:Buckswinning:

This one has me hot. We’ve been leading for this kid for over a year and it started to switch up once 5-7 SC brought the bags two weekends ago and Evans left Texas off his list. Now you’re leading.

Y’all taken all of our croots. First Phillips III (Bruin legacy), next Kourt Williams (Bruin legacy), then Bijan (former Bruin lean), and then it’s going to be little homie in 8 years. :to:

giphy.gif

We need the bags man :mjcry:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
This one has me hot. We’ve been leading for this kid for over a year and it started to switch up once 5-7 SC brought the bags two weekends ago and Evans left Texas off his list. Now you’re leading.

Y’all taken all of our croots. First Phillips III (Bruin legacy), next Kourt Williams (Bruin legacy), then Bijan (former Bruin lean), and then it’s going to be little homie in 8 years. :to:

giphy.gif

We need the bags man :mjcry:
We trying to get the get back for Darnay Holmes :lolbron:. Hopefully we land Robinson man :whew:, lil homie gonna be the best of them all :Bombaye:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Even starting Francois was due to the APR. Had to keep him from transferring cause we needed his grades on the books. Same with Noonie. The four year average line for sanctions is 930....FSU was at 936. Every person's grade mattered last year. .

I've never heard of this shyt before. :ohhh: This is mind blowing how it affected the team. Cuz I swore Willie bumped his head by starting Francois. I really thought Frenchie had something over him and technically he did.

I was cursing Taggart for going back on his word by stating he would play the best player regardless of class. And I was wrong for that. I don't think any coach had to go through anything like that their first year. Damn the black man always gotta clean up cacs messes all the time. :scust: