The OFFICIAL 2018 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Damn @malbaker86 my nikka Trevon Grimes scored for yall. One of my favorite Buckeye recruits. Hated to see him leave the program, dude gonna be a star

Yea man they said him and Jefferson was looking like NFL caliber dudes this fall and their talent was evident vs the WR's (outside of Tyrie Cleveland) we already had on oh roster.

fukk McElwain :mjcry:

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Y’all can’t convince me that Appalachian State team isn’t good. Sorry but they were real impressive yesterday. Defense, QB, both lines, everything was on point. They’re going to win a lot of games this year. The only mistakes they made were attempting the FG, and the last throw (that easily could have been a TD but got picked)

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Y’all can’t convince me that Appalachian State team isn’t good. Sorry but they were real impressive yesterday. Defense, QB, both lines, everything was on point. They’re going to win a lot of games this year. The only mistakes they made were attempting the FG, and the last throw (that easily could have been a TD but got picked)
They're not good. Just every once in awhile they go hard at a top team. It's Any Given Sunday for a reason. I think PSU took them from granted and got caught up. :yeshrug:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
They're not good. Just every once in awhile they go hard at a top team. It's Any Given Sunday for a reason. I think PSU took them from granted and got caught up. :yeshrug:

Actually they are a good team

...But no big program is scared of them.

App. St. is usually good. Period. Especially after the Michigan upset , hardly no Power teams would schedule App. App fell off a tad for a bit, but they’d constantly be ranked in the top three or 4 programs in the state week in and week out. Mind you, NC is not really a football state. But when NC State was extra, extra garbage and Duke was still its perpetual mediocre self and UNC remained in mediocrity and Wake not even on the radar, there’d be weeks where local sportscasters would rank App as the best team in the state. :mjlol: ... say what you want, despite the mediocrity, you had experts still placing them over Power schools.

Here’s the deal with that PSU game and those like it (and this is partly why I said the B1G looks weak), many coaches will run vanilla offenses and defenses week 1 when playing “lesser comp.” However, the trenches and depth are supposed to make up for that and lead to the separation and score cushion happening at least by the 4th... a Power team that can’t bully an FCS team in the trenches and can’t get that separation and by 4th has some real issues ... definitely in terms of playoff aspirational type teams.

Last edited: