The OFFICIAL 2018 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Well Mullen coached where he can have a chance to get decent talent. That wasn't the case for Willie till he went to Oregon. They improved under him after going 4-8 the previous season.

The way Mullen recruits is beyond pathetic. But soon as he wins it won't matter as much.
Mississipi State......? Really....? :usure:

As for Willie at Oregon, them dudes were :trash: Got SMOKED by Stanford & Washington and loss to ucla for the first time in forever. ucla used to be an automatic W no matter what for Oregon.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Not a good look if all your black qbs are leaving if they are better than the cac ones.

Yeah, I really don’t know if the meeting was good or bad... just trying to be positive.

This is best quote I could find from one of the players

My whole was deal was just to push through camp," Battle said. "It was getting to the grind of it. Everybody's minds talking to themselves. 'Oh, I'm tired. I don't want to practice.' Just trying to motivate them and keep everybody going." None of the players would go into the specifics of the meeting, as it was a private team matter, but they all admitted there were tensions. "We got a lot of things going on that we don't agree with," Battle said, "but a lot of things have taken place, so we were just making sure guys stay on track, keeping everybody accountable. Protect the team at all costs."

Maybe, if it all goes to hell, we can snag Urban Meyer off the clearance rack :yeshrug:

Last edited:

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I’m hearing it was about all the black qbs transferring. The optics probably had a strong :mjpls: feel with the team. But it's no big deal that's just the way the team leadership operates.
I had a feeling that's what it might be about.

It's up to Devin White and Rashard Lawrence to keep the team focus, they're great leaders so I think they can do it.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Mississipi State......? Really....? :usure:

As for Willie at Oregon, them dudes were :trash: Got SMOKED by Stanford & Washington and loss to ucla for the first time in forever. ucla used to be an automatic W no matter what for Oregon.

Stop it. You can get better talent at Miss St vs WKU and USF(Time he was there). Plus he lost his starting QB after starting out 5-1 at Oregon.

Silkk

Daps
Get a matching purse
giphy.gif

Doesn't really answer the question tho.....

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Yeah, I really don’t know if the meeting was good or bad... just trying to be positive.

This is best quote I could find from one of the players

My whole was deal was just to push through camp," Battle said. "It was getting to the grind of it. Everybody's minds talking to themselves. 'Oh, I'm tired. I don't want to practice.' Just trying to motivate them and keep everybody going." None of the players would go into the specifics of the meeting, as it was a private team matter, but they all admitted there were tensions. "We got a lot of things going on that we don't agree with," Battle said, "but a lot of things have taken place, so we were just making sure guys stay on track, keeping everybody accountable. Protect the team at all costs."

Maybe, if it all goes to hell, we can snag Urban Meyer off the clearance rack :yeshrug:
Damn bruh Coach O bringing bad vibes in the locker? :huhldup:. I guess there was a reason why USC didn't hire him :francis: I would imagine you have a 4 year contract with him. This is year two so, owing him two more years shouldn't be too bad if he has a bad season. Shouldn't have fired Les if ya'll gotta go through this shyt. Too much talent there in LA to have them under perform.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
This bum worried more about it than Buckeye fans :mjlol:. I told your 1980 ass ive seen multiple coaches win chips so with or without Urban we good lil fella. I suspect all your anger toward Urban stems from him whooping up on 1980 his time at UF :Umadatus:. I told you Gene Smith is good, our Black President got him :obama:. So while you counting Brutus smilies, take a second out ya time to count chips you’ve seen 1980 win :mjcry:

:mjlol: @ anger towards Urban. He's a scumbag enabler of violent offenders since he was at Florida, it's not a shock he fits in so well to Buckeye culture where football is more important than domestic abuse victims

And BTW, we still better than you, still out recruiting y'all and still got a better shot at being in the CFB Playoff than y'all so what are you sayin? If you didn't just win a title (with respect to Bama) what are you really hollerin? Because you got a championship more recently? You still ain't a defending champion so shut that shyt up BUCK boy :camby:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I’m hearing it was about all the black qbs transferring. The optics probably had a strong :mjpls: feel with the team. But it's no big deal that's just the way the team leadership operates.

So the brothas not getting a fair chance and the other players realize it?
Not a good look especially considering LSU done had mad brothas at QB shout out to Rohan :jawalrus:

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“Bailey Hockman and James Blackman from a great understanding of what we’re doing they’re probably a little ahead of Francois. From that standpoint they are doing some things and getting better at what we did in the spring and it’s been really good because we’re starting to click for those guys and making the plays….and then Deondre it’s pretty cool to see him out there making the plays that he’s making and he just came back in training camp…and he’s been putting in a lot of work too and that’s paying off for him as well.” -Willie Taggart

Yeah Slick Willie pulling Francois ho card. :mjlol: Trying to get him motivated.

Man, I truly dont think the country is really ready for what Willie is cooking up in Tallahassee. Parents and kids, within hours on a recruiting trip, always talk about the vibe, family, and relating to Willie. I got a feeling he's instilling a different level of confidence in these players on campus that they've never felt before. Watching the interviews from media day, you can actually see it in these kids eyes. Them boys want it. These coaches want it. Willie really wants it. If Taggart drew the line in the sand and told Frenchie publicly where he stands and how much time he's got, I'm sure Willie has a great understanding that this is a major flame he knows Deondre needs lit....and Deondre will meet. They're about to look so different than they did last year, that Jimbo is about to get embarrassed. If you're one of those fans that's still holding out hope on whether Jimbo quit on this team or not, its about to become crystal clear to you. We're about to hear/see so many different names/people out on the field, you gone be saying, "What the fukk was Jimbo doing?" at least 3-4 times a game. We're about to find out how cold so many of these kids are. Jimbo always recruited well, so it's nothing but horses down there. I'm excited as hell, cause I drank the kool-aid. The dude has impressed at every turn along the way since being hired. Listen to his coaches. They're dialed the fukk in. Every coach that get in front of the mic, impresses.

And the kids all on social media having fun. Old cats getting aggie wondering if they're dancing too much, don't even get what's happening in front of their eyes. Every recruit in high school that follows the recruiting/social media angle, see these kids having fun.....while the Bama's, UGA's, and OSU's of the world are muffling them with this "one voice/one message" hustle. If Willie just simply does what he's always done. He dont even have to be much better than he's even been at USF. Even if he's just the same Willie from USF, call the same damn plays, makes the same in game coaching mistakes, etc.....if they come out on Labor Day and this thing even give a glimpse that it can click how his offenses have always looked??? Game over. FSU will now be the spot to go. You're a kid that has amazing individual ability with a lil swag, you see FSU balling out, Willie looks like you, and they're having fun while your coach is letting you be you???? Kids are gonna flock here. And in a few years, these cac coaches who hating on him are gonna go from "Willie is overrated" to start pushing the narrative that Willie being black is some built in "recruiting advantage". Miami about to get a rude awakening...by time this team gets to Miami week, this thing might be rolling so good that it might get outta hand in Miami.....OR if Miami really is back and Richt not bullshytting, then we're gonna get a good ass game.

Silkk

Daps
Stop it. You can get better talent at Miss St vs WKU and USF(Time he was there). Plus he lost his starting QB after starting out 5-1 at Oregon.
So did Georgia, Next Man Up

And on no planet are you getting more talent to fukkin Starkville, MS than South Florida. What is even the pipeline for Starkville, fukkin Mississippi :dead:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
giphy.gif

Doesn't really answer the question tho.....
So did Georgia, Next Man Up

And on no planet are you getting more talent to fukkin Starkville, MS than South Florida. What is even the pipeline for Starkville, fukkin Mississippi :dead:
Stop fukkin lying breh. For you to even stan a nikka that ain't even your teams HC is pathetic in itself. Or is this a replacement for Daddy Briles or whatever corny ass name you got for him .

And yeah you're getting more talent when you're 1) don't have to share a state with 3 other schools much more established and nationally recognized than you and 2) get the better talent in-state who want to stay in state when the playing field is even and the other school isn't doing pay for play.

Loosen up your earpiece at that call center you work at and focus on Helton not shyttin the bed this year. I still want to see them pics from the Cotton Bowl my g

Silkk

Daps
Stop fukkin lying breh. For you to even stan a nikka that ain't even your teams HC is pathetic in itself. Or is this a replacement for Daddy Briles or whatever corny ass name you got for him .

And yeah you're getting more talent when you're 1) don't have to share a state with 3 other schools much more established and nationally recognized than you and 2) get the better talent in-state who want to stay in state when the playing field is even and the other school isn't doing pay for play.

Loosen up your earpiece at that call center you work at and focus on Helton not shyttin the bed this year. I still want to see them pics from the Cotton Bowl my g
This isn't how the #InMyFeelings challenge works breh :heh:

I could give a fukk about Dan Mullen, but to discredit the shyt he did at Mississippi State while doing it clean is just pure dumb nikka shyt.

If it's so easy to win & recruit at Miss St then why didn't anyone do it before him consistently?

:mjlol: at talking about Pac 12 Champion Clay Helton shytting the bed when your bum ass team had to reschedule a canceled game on championship weekend just to qualify for the Candy Ass Classic.

And if you want to see how my career is going you can check out the 6 Certs 6 Figures forum my brother :mjgrin:

Uno

Superstar
Daps

Yep, Taggarts teams had such little talent at USF that for reason were favorite to win the conference with Flowers and Marlon Mack but never did. The bias media had high expectations on Willie and the bad news bears for no reason.