Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Dude had games that made me go :gladbron:

He also had plenty of games that made me go :beli::mindblown:

Dude would be wildly inconsistent

:ehh:

Good for him. Dude wasn't tryna be shady or anything. Just making funds by WORKING HARD on his Youtube page. He wasn't slangin. He wasn't pimpin. He wasn't doing ANYTHING illegal.

UCF some hoes for that shyt.

They still 2017 National Champs tho :mjgrin:

O-H :UmadOH:

*crickets*

:mjlol:

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I haven't heard crap. Last I heard was a few weeks ago Willie T said Francois was at 80%. Looks like he is back in the mix. Hopefully these off the field issues are behind him. Still would rather have Blackman start. He's more serious about his career.

Don’t think frenchy is taking it seriously,(such a waste of talent :francis:)

however i didn’t see much progress from Blackman, but then again when you got a coach that’s more worried about the drapes in his new house in college station, than FSU football, that can happen.

I don’t think Blackman is physically or mentally ready, hell, he still might be shell shocked, an actual year of weights and learning more on the sidelines might help him

Frenchy is a good stop gap, play this one last year to raise his stock, i don’t see a long stint in the league for him at this current rate, but maybe enough to set him up to be straight.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
'A labor of love' keeps NCAA Football video game alive
The last edition of NCAA Football was released five years ago. Miller Safrit/ESPN
  • i

Jarrod Bullard had just been asked by a reporter what his fiancée, Patrice, thinks of this obscure hobby of his, this video game that takes up all of his free time. In a moment of serendipity, she beeped in on the other line.

"Hold on," he said in a moment he would quickly regret, "I'll let you get her opinion on it."

"It's a labor of love. I love the game. I love college football."NCAA Football fan Jarrod Bullard
Just like that, Patrice was off and running, noting how Bullard's level of dedication is akin to an actual relationship. All that time he spends deciphering clips on YouTube and poring over preseason college football magazines? All those numbers he inputs? It takes months -- "Months!" she reiterated -- for him to finish.

And for what?

"After all of this and putting in all the information, did you know he doesn't even play the game?" she said.

She can't wrap her head around why a video game -- let alone one that's no longer in production -- demands so much of his attention. She calls him "crazy and obsessed" with EA Sports NCAA Football.

He just can't (or won't) let it go.

A 17-year veteran of law enforcement who once walked onto the football team at USF, Bullard works with a group of nine gamers to keep the defunct franchise alive. Each offseason, they go through a painstaking process to input data to build out the updated rosters of all the FBS programs.

Every player is created from scratch, down to his name, likeness and hometown. Then there's the empirical method they've devised for assigning player attributes like speed, agility and strength -- those "little stupid numbers," as Bullard's fiancée put it.

"She'll get up at 3-4 in the morning and go, 'Ah! You're still up working on this game? You're not even playing!'" Bullard said. "But I'm editing. Let. Me. Live. I'm living my best life right now.

"She thinks all of us are psycho. She calls us nerds."

"She'll get up at 3-4 in the morning and go, 'Ah! You're still up working on this game? You're not even playing!' But I'm editing. Let. Me. Live. I'm living my best life right now."Jarrod Bullard
She's not necessarily wrong, if you take the endearing version of the word. They're impassioned. They're dedicated. And, yeah, they've been known to nerd out from time to time.

But because of their attachment, they've kept a game millions of people have spent countless hours playing from going extinct.

"It's a labor of love," Bullard explained. "I love the game. I love college football."

Five years ago this week, NCAA Football hit the shelves for the final time. Michiganquarterback Denard Robinson graced the cover of the game, which sold roughly 1.5 million copies.

It was the end of an era. No longer would its annual release mark the unofficial start of the college football season. A multimillion-dollar franchise adored by fans was discontinued, done in by a lawsuit brought against the NCAA by former UCLA basketball player Ed O'Bannon against that challenged the use of college athletes' names and likenesses without compensation.

At least a half-dozen petitions have been created on change.org to resurrect the game. One petitioner wrote that he signed because, "Without NCAA Football life is dull!"

Florida or Florida A&M, you had a way of building your own digital dynasty.

For gamers like Austin Pope, seeing the franchise shuttered was an especially difficult pill to swallow. It wasn't just that he and his brothers had spent countless hours playing the game growing up. It was that the dream of one day being in the game -- a dream he had long before he ever received his first scholarship offer -- might never come to fruition.

"I always thought growing up, I can't wait to be on the game, to have my own rating, to have them actually create me," said Pope, now a veteran tight end at Tennessee. "But then obviously once I got to college they stopped making the game -- of course.

"It was just a dream that got crushed."

"I always thought growing up, I can't wait to be on the game, to have my own rating, to have them actually create me. But then obviously once I got to college they stopped making the game -- of course. It was just a dream that got crushed."Tennessee tight end Austin Pope
Pope's teammate, linebacker Quart'e Sapp, felt the same way. He said he was "disappointed" when he got the news.

Then he paused.

"But," he said, "to this day some people still have it and update it. I've actually played it the last two years a few times."

He didn't know who did it or how, but Sapp had seen it with his own eyes: One of his friends had a bootleg version of NCAA Football where he could play as himself.

As it turns out, Pope had seen it, too. Last season's Volunteers holder, Parker Henry, had downloaded the updated roster to his console.

"It was hilarious," Pope said.

Hilarious and apparently not all that unusual. Because players at Ole Miss and Florida said they had used the rosters as well.

Florida quarterback Feleipe Franks was amazed when his brother showed him how to download the updated rosters. When he played as himself, however, he had a sinking feeling. His rating was in the low 60s.

"I was garbage," he said, laughing. "They had me rated so low I didn't want to play."

Feleipe Franks wasn't happy with his player rating when he first played the game. Kim Klement/USA TODAY Sports
The redshirt sophomore is determined to improve upon that rating in future updates.

"I need to get them numbers up," he said.

By late August, Franks will know where he stands. Thanks to Bullard and the rest of the editing team, every player and fan of NCAA Football can keep the game alive for another season.

Louis Burhans says it takes him on average 25 hours to finish editing a single team. Multiply that by the 30 teams he's in charge of and you're talking about 750 total hours.

Never mind that Burhans has a full-time job and a wife and two children.

"You have to be borderline insane or a superfan -- probably both -- to do this," he said. "What rational person would want to sit down and spend 20-plus hours on one team for free? And then do it over and over and over and over?"

He could cut his time in half, but he's too much of a perfectionist. When he creates a player, the look has to be just right, down to the correct face mask and socks.

When he saw how other gamers were rating players based on feel rather than statistics, he and another member of his team devised a ratings system.

"I call him 'A Beautiful Mind,' the way he has the scale set up," Bullard said of Burhans, referring to the movie about renowned mathematician John Nash.

To get a baseline for each player as a true freshman, they compile a composite rating from several recruiting services. From there, they dig for combine measurements like 40-yard dash times, box jumps and power tosses.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't heard crap. Last I heard was a few weeks ago Willie T said Francois was at 80%. Looks like he is back in the mix. Hopefully these off the field issues are behind him. Still would rather have Blackman start. He's more serious about his career.

Based off of Marvin Wilson and Frenchy's Instagram live from the same day: A couple weeks back, the team got together to run stadium steps....Frenchy was posted up on a boat.

Take from that what you will.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Don’t think frenchy is taking it seriously,(such a waste of talent :francis:)

however i didn’t see much progress from Blackman, but then again when you got a coach that’s more worried about the drapes in his new house in college station, than FSU football, that can happen.

I don’t think Blackman is physically or mentally ready, hell, he still might be shell shocked, an actual year of weights and learning more on the sidelines might help him

Frenchy is a good stop gap, play this one last year to raise his stock, i don’t see a long stint in the league for him at this current rate, but maybe enough to set him up to be straight.
He proved that he was as a true freshman. I don't know any QB that can have a line like that(kept getting up and wasn't out for any games) and an idiot coach that wanted to throw the ball 30+ times a game with a true freshman and was ballin. And yet he still showed lots potential. You look at Fromm from GA. That's how you treat a true Freshman run the ball heavy. Do dink and dunk passes until he knows the offense. Worked out great for GA and throughout the history of football.

In the Spring game Blackman had a third string line and was facing the starting corners and only had one scholarship WR. But people were slurping the cac QB who had the starting WR's and was throwing against walk on corners. They both had pretty much the same stats. :francis:

Francois is letting p*ssy run him. So sad.

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
He proved that he was as a true freshman. I don't know any QB that can have a line like that(kept getting up and wasn't out for any games) and an idiot coach that wanted to throw the ball 30+ times a game with a true freshman and was ballin. And yet he still showed lots potential. You look at Fromm from GA. That's how you treat a true Freshman run the ball heavy. Do dink and dunk passes until he knows the offense. Worked out great for GA and throughout the history of football.

In the Spring game Blackman had a third string line and was facing the starting corners and only had one scholarship WR. But people were slurping the cac QB who had the starting WR's and was throwing against walk on corners. They both had pretty much the same stats. :francis:

Francois is letting p*ssy run him. So sad.

I can admit that the odds were not in his favor, bad line, no wr stepping up, and absentee coach, but i watched him be erratic in his decisions, hold the ball too long, he’s tough as nails because he took an ass whipping week in and out, but i think he can benefit from putting weight on his body and brain

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I can admit that the odds were not in his favor, bad line, no wr stepping up, and absentee coach, but i watched him be erratic in his decisions, hold the ball too long, he’s tough as nails because he took an ass whipping week in and out, but i think he can benefit from putting weight on his body and brain
Goes with not knowing the offense fully(only on campus 2 months) and being well a true freshman. There are no true freshman in a similar situation that looked good as him. If he were a RS or Sophomore looking like that, then I would be more critical. Looking at his highlights, he's dangerous when he has time to throw.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Based off of Marvin Wilson and Frenchy's Instagram live from the same day: A couple weeks back, the team got together to run stadium steps....Frenchy was posted up on a boat.

Take from that what you will.
To keep it all the way funky, I dont really care about none of that shyt. Ira and Jeff Cameron stay whining about him hanging with Devante during senior day. Pretty sure none of them cared. As long as this nikka steps up and shows out on the field, that other shyt is obsolete

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Driving thru Bama to check out some houses when I move here in a few months and this shyt is like a trip back in time. One town is all Auburn fans. The next Bama. Confederate and Don't Tread on Me flags galore tho. These broads tho :banderas:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Reminds me of freshman year TJ Yeldon. Smooth upright runner with moves and some speed on him. I know he got hurt but not sure why he and Jones didn't split carries
Our coaches dumb AF, only time they used the running game right all season was the first game vs Stanford :snoop:

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Goes with not knowing the offense fully(only on campus 2 months) and being well a true freshman. There are no true freshman in a similar situation that looked good as him. If he were a RS or Sophomore looking like that, then I would be more critical. Looking at his highlights, he's dangerous when he has time to throw.

he didn’t improve as the season went on, he has a lot of upside, but my point still remains he can benefit from more weight on his body and brain

Honestly if you all weren’t FSU and out defensively/athlete half your comp you all might have went 1, 2 maybe 0 for the season