dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Personally, I thought Herman was way overrated, but I will admit I have been impressed so far. Spring game for the 1s that played was about as clean as I've ever seen UT play. Starting to get a lot of crystal balls for big recruits. Can't really complain so far. Things are moving in the right direction. Actually feels there won't be much uncertainty, if any, going into the season. Weird feeling.
His attention to detail has always impressed me. The way his players looked on the hoof at UH and how physical they played impressed me. The culture change he created and the facilities upgrades he pushed for at UH impressed me. And Ohio State fans' opinions of him impressed me - they missed him like crazy the last few years. The guy is the total package as far as I'm concerned. '18 kids seem to love him which was kinda my concern - how kids would compare him to Strong's father figure style - but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
His attention to detail has always impressed me. The way his players looked on the hoof at UH and how physical they played impressed me. The culture change he created and the facilities upgrades he pushed for at UH impressed me. And Ohio State fans' opinions of him impressed me - they missed him like crazy the last few years. The guy is the total package as far as I'm concerned. '18 kids seem to love him which was kinda my concern - how kids would compare him to Strong's father figure style - but that doesn't seem to be an issue.
Still miss Herman :francis:.. Nothing overrated about him.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I'm watching the first half of this Alabama spring game.
@JALEN HURTS Tua is balling
giphy.gif

Still like Jalen Hurts improvement as well. :smugbiden:

Biggest takeaway?

Francois should have a field day against that secondary. :youngsabo:

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
I'm watching the first half of this Alabama spring game.
@JALEN HURTS Tua is balling
giphy.gif

Still like Jalen Hurts improvement as well. :smugbiden:

Biggest takeaway?

Francois should have a field day against that secondary. :youngsabo:
Tua is the real deal. Has all the tools just needs to work on the obvious things like pocket awareness and going through his reads. That should come the more he plays. We weren't blitzing in the 1st half. Neither QB does much in the 2nd half. And Trevon Diggs is are only weakness in the secondary, he was a WR last year so he should improve a lot before the season starts or someone else will take his spot. Plenty of depth there. Anthony Averett looks to be back in form he shut his side of the field down all day. And Minkah and Harrison at safety is scary, I hope we move Minkah back to corner tho.

Francois gonna be on his ass all day anyway he won't have time to go down field. Defense had like 10 sacks in the game. We have a lot of good pass rushers not just one like last year, just a bunch of names people don't know yet.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama

2 of the best WR in the country riding to A-day with Saban:wow: Really hope we get auburn lean Justyn Ross. When Saban makes u a top priority its hard to say no. If we get those 2 along with Xavier Williams who already committed :wow:WRU

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Tua is the real deal. Has all the tools just needs to work on the obvious things like pocket awareness and going through his reads. That should come the more he plays. We weren't blitzing in the 1st half. Neither QB does much in the 2nd half. And Trevon Diggs is are only weakness in the secondary, he was a WR last year so he should improve a lot before the season starts or someone else will take his spot. Plenty of depth there. Anthony Averett looks to be back in form he shut his side of the field down all day. And Minkah and Harrison at safety is scary, I hope we move Minkah back to corner tho.

Francois gonna be on his ass all day anyway he won't have time to go down field. Defense had like 10 sacks in the game. We have a lot of good pass rushers not just one like last year, just a bunch of names people don't know yet.
More I watch the game a lot of those sacks were on Tua :dame: which is normal for a young QB.

I think he'd thrive day one in the Pac 12. Not sure you want to send this dude out against the SEC right now or FSU right now. The helmets get around him he'll hit the ground.

Jalen is the better QB right now. That 20 yard sprint he had looked like he really runs 4.4 right now.

Tua looks like the better pro prospect, but Jalen is better right now.

Its like comparing Dak Prescott (Jalen) to Derek Carr (Tua) Both great at what they do...just do things different. :ehh: Both have great talent to me. Jalen is just a better fit (he's just 18) and I don't see him giving that job up with his experience.

Its all about Jimbo imo. If he calls a good game and finds a way to keep Francois on his feet we got a good shot. :ehh:

Bama struggles with big wrs. We got a few :youngsabo:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
More I watch the game a lot of those sacks were on Tua :dame: which is normal for a young QB.

I think he'd thrive day one in the Pac 12. Not sure you want to send this dude out against the SEC right now or FSU right now. The helmets get around him he'll hit the ground.

Jalen is the better QB right now. That 20 yard sprint he had looked like he really runs 4.4 right now.

Its like comparing Dak Prescott (Jalen) to Derek Carr (Tua) Both great at what they do...just do things different. :ehh:

Its all about Jimbo imo. If he calls a good game and finds a way to keep Francois on his feet we got a good shot. :ehh:

As long as nikkas can make it through camp with our luck we will have 4 healthy WR's for kickoff vs Bama

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama

Its like comparing Dak Prescott (Jalen) to Derek Carr (Tua) Both great at what they do...just do things different. :ehh: Both have great talent to me. Jalen is just a better fit (he's just 18) and I don't see him giving that job up with his experience.

Yea he just isn't use to playing against that kind of athleticism. All easily fixable things. His arm, footwork, mental makeup, etc everything u want is elite. And lol he'll be fine with getting hit he's a tough kid. Love his personality. Jalen looked good running and on those deeps balls but his short and medium passing was still horrible and he is still bad about going through his reads. He should have that fixed by now, but his athleticism makes up for it. That's only reason Tua won't be starter

I don't remember any of y'all WRs doing shyt in y'all spring game lol. Only that small one had a decent game Phillips. Not worried at all about y'alls offense. Saban just wants to see what Trevon Diggs has at corner he was the one getting burnt on those long Jalen throws, if he isn't ready then it will be Levi Wallace or Aaron Robinson. Don't know why we don't move Minkah back to corner tho.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Hopefully we do start playing more zone though if teams start burning us deep. Wish we played more zone anyway since everyone in the secondary can tackle, just keep everything short and don't allow broken tackles