jadillac

Veteran
Daps

to be honest, I dont get excited about NEXT years recruits until the current season starts. Just too much for these 16-17 yr olds to handle and stick to one school commitment for 2 years

That being said, he will prob play day 1 at Texas. OU's QB room right now is no less than 2-3 deep. So he'd have to wait a year or two most likely. Sucks for us, but it is what it is.

I'm going to give my mature response, then I'm going to go in.....

First, I have no hard feelings or ill will towards what school this young man is going to play for. That is ultimately his decision, however he is making a mistake because Herman is unproven..... and his OC..... whoever the hell it is, isn't better than Lincoln Riley. This is a big time gamble. Second, Casey Thompson(OU legacy of Charles Thompson and brother Kendall Thompson) is also committed to Texas who is just as good as he is. It isn't a given or a birthright that he'll be starting for the Horns in year one, or even, two. Buechele is still the #1 QB. After this year, the OU QB race will be wide open as Mayfield will be gone. We have Austin Kendall, who is our recruit and pissed off Texas A&M/Kevin Sumlin reject Kyler Murray. Murray is more likely to play BASEBALL than to be the starting QB at OU. So really OU has one serviceable, but unproven QB. Rising would have a better shot seeing the field sooner(pun not intended) at OU than Texas. Oh well, what could have been.....

Texas has won the Big XII TWICE since the conference's inception. Think about that shyt for a while! No amount of negative recruiting will change the FACT that OU RUNS THE BIG XII. BOB STOOPS HAVE MORE CONFERENCE TITLES THAN HOME LOSSES! Texas has more mythical recruiting championships(most under Mack Brown), but we manage to still push yall's shyt in when the second Saturday in October rolls around.

SPIN THAT shyt!!!!

Yeah, short of a national title for OU, Texas will always have more appeal even if they only win 4-5 games. That's unfortunate, but just the way it goes. Doesn't mean they're better than us(wins & losses prove that), they(mainly Austin) just have more appeal.

To your point, the new OC might be unproven or even have a bad year, but it doesnt matter....Texas has the excuse that "Herman is turning things around", and that will draw recruits. I just hope Bob and our staff stay on their toes recruiting-wise and just realize they can't get comfortable based on class-ranking.

OU needs to take care of biz against Ohio St and then carry on into the conf. If we do, then our recruiting on a overall level will be fine.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers

giphy.gif

fe058b18-ef4c-46f7-a9ab-154cabb6c439

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I'm going to give my mature response, then I'm going to go in.....

First, I have no hard feelings or ill will towards what school this young man is going to play for. That is ultimately his decision, however he is making a mistake because Herman is unproven..... and his OC..... whoever the hell it is, isn't better than Lincoln Riley. This is a big time gamble. Second, Casey Thompson(OU legacy of Charles Thompson and brother Kendall Thompson) is also committed to Texas who is just as good as he is. It isn't a given or a birthright that he'll be starting for the Horns in year one, or even, two. Buechele is still the #1 QB. After this year, the OU QB race will be wide open as Mayfield will be gone. We have Austin Kendall, who is our recruit and pissed off Texas A&M/Kevin Sumlin reject Kyler Murray. Murray is more likely to play BASEBALL than to be the starting QB at OU. So really OU has one serviceable, but unproven QB. Rising would have a better shot seeing the field sooner(pun not intended) at OU than Texas. Oh well, what could have been.....

Texas has won the Big XII TWICE since the conference's inception. Think about that shyt for a while! No amount of negative recruiting will change the FACT that OU RUNS THE BIG XII. BOB STOOPS HAVE MORE CONFERENCE TITLES THAN HOME LOSSES! Texas has more mythical recruiting championships(most under Mack Brown), but we manage to still push yall's shyt in when the second Saturday in October rolls around.

SPIN THAT shyt!!!!
giphy.gif

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Yeah, short of a national title for OU, Texas will always have more appeal even if they only win 4-5 games. That's unfortunate, but just the way it goes. Doesn't mean they're better than us(wins & losses prove that), they(mainly Austin) just have more appeal.
weren't you just telling me about all the nice new shiny buildings in norman. :mjlol:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
weren't you just telling me about all the nice new shiny buildings in norman. :mjlol:

No, I wasn't talking to YOU.

But you still responded. :mjpls:

Austin is Austin & it's always been that way. There's 10 conf titles in Norman, and what...2 in Austin?

A 4-star QB isn't the end of the world. The only part that sucks is we put alot of time into the kid.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
What you think so far?
I like it! :jbhmm: Lol @ all that shifting just to run another jet sweep. Etling still got that noodle arm. Battle might as well get settled in that backup role. Delpit looking like an Eric Reid clone out there. :jbhmm:
the defense looked good I like the speed and I think Kevin Tolliver is goin to take he next step he did well on Chark.

Etling I certified trash He can't make the throws. If he's goin to play like that I rather just start one of the freshman or Lindsey Scott and let them grow

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
the defense looked good I like the speed and I think Kevin Tolliver is goin to take he next step he did well on Chark.

Etling I certified trash He can't make the throws. If he's goin to play like that I rather just start one of the freshman or Lindsey Scott and let them grow
I'm telling you... I think we need to go ahead and switch it up on the qb situation. We need to bring in a real qb coach who can help guys progress to the next level. Give Etling a clipboard and a headset. The competition should be between the three freshmen (Scott, Narcisse, Brennan). They might struggle at first but at least we at least there's an excuse for them to struggle. I'm not an expert but both qbs that played today didn't look too impressive:scust: