Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I just found out today we got A-Day tomorrow :gucci:
usually this shyt be around the 20th or so, but ill take it :yeshrug:. I just want to see an even offensive play calling style and Cowart show some progression and im cool

fukk you Rigby!!!! But I'm so ready for football I might watch ya'll bum asses.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
You speaking the truth though. Just reading that article and how he made Urban fall back with that drill he was teaching, then to see how it was effective during games. I got a feeling our secondary will be just as good this year as last year. I remember those Rutger years he coached them and they were good, id be like where the hell they come from.

Speaking of that drill from beli. Look at High from the Flacon game, does not go for the full on wrap him up sack(You can also see Chris Long with arm up)..

Fumble_uldb5c.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know I ain't been around this thread as much as last year. But just wanted to let ya'll know that after reading up on how spring practice has been going so far, Tennessee will EXCEED EXPECTATIONS big time this year. They don't have as much ELITE NFL TALENT as they had last year. Dobbs, Kamara, and Sutton are future pro-bowlers/all-pros. However they have more depth across the board and more starting NFL type talent.

Tennessee should win the SEC East and AT A MINIMUM go 10-2 this year as long as they don't suffer catastrophic injuries once again.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if they went 11-1 and the SEC Championship.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
I know I ain't been around this thread as much as last year. But just wanted to let ya'll know that after reading up on how spring practice has been going so far, Tennessee will EXCEED EXPECTATIONS big time this year. They don't have as much ELITE NFL TALENT as they had last year. Dobbs, Kamara, and Sutton are future pro-bowlers/all-pros. However they have more depth across the board and more starting NFL type talent.

Tennessee should win the SEC East and AT A MINIMUM go 10-2 this year as long as they don't suffer catastrophic injuries once again.

Last I checked Butch Jones is still the Vols Coach. The Vols will not be exceeded exceptions, or be meeting exceptions. Butch Jones is holding the Vols back from competing for a National Championship.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps

And this thread has been so much better so far as a result.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last I checked Butch Jones is still the Vols Coach. The Vols will not be exceeded exceptions, or be meeting exceptions. Butch Jones is holding the Vols back from competing for a National Championship.

He's apparently changed some this off-season. He's looser and not quite as uptight. Plus he's surrounded himself with better assistants.

I agree with you that he is an anvil around the neck of Tennessee when it comes to exceeding expectations. But if he actually takes a step back and just becomes a motivator and recruiter and leaves the play calling and gameplan to his assistants Tennessee might just live up to their potential.

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat

full

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
He's apparently changed some this off-season. He's looser and not quite as uptight. Plus he's surrounded himself with better assistants.

I agree with you that he is an anvil around the neck of Tennessee when it comes to exceeding expectations. But if he actually takes a step back and just becomes a motivator and recruiter and leaves the play calling and gameplan to his assistants Tennessee might just live up to their potential.

It really does not matter if he is "looser and not quite as uptight". He is not a good coach. What new assistants did he hire? B/c that matters more then if Butch is more chill.

Either way, Tennessee should have a better coach then Butch, so much talent has been wasted under dude. I am just not a fan of Butch Jones, frankly I think he is fukking useless. shyt, whoever the AD of Tennessee is needs to be fired. B/c he has been helping make a School which should be a power house by geography alone, be shytty with the coaches hires the past decade or so.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It really does not matter if he is "looser and not quite as uptight". He is not a good coach. What new assistants did he hire? B/c that matters more then if Butch is more chill.

Either way, Tennessee should have a better coach then Butch, so much talent has been wasted under dude. I am just not a fan of Butch Jones, frankly I think he is fukking useless. shyt, whoever the AD of Tennessee is needs to be fired. B/c he has been helping make a School which should be a power house by geography alone, be shytty with the coaches hires the past decade or so.

Larry Scott is the new offensive coordinator. He's the former interm coach for Miami after Al Golden was fired 2 years ago. Much better than the previous offensive coordinator old ass Mike Debord.

He also hired Bob Shoop last year. Dude is a highly respected defensive coordinator. A second year in the system and less injuries should give him a chance to shine.

Also hired Brady Hoke as the d-line coach. Dude is a failed head coach but he's a decent hire as the defensive line coach

Last edited:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
fukk you Rigby!!!! But I'm so ready for football I might watch ya'll bum asses.
You should see a pretty great Auburn offense for the first time in a good minute. Only thing I've been hearing all spring is DEEP ROUTES from the offensive side. Long passes this and that. That's enough reason right there why Sean's reign was short like Notre Dame :yeshrug:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

:yawn: Need a new gimmick for this year