The Official 2016 Olympics thread: Medals Are For the Elite but Zika is For Everybody

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
USA really got you mounties in your feelings, eh? :mjlol:

face it. USA the GOATS of this athletics shyt. :umad:

The Olympics would be :snooze: without The USA :umad:

31 golds, 94 total medals, and still counting :umad:

juelz-santana-dipset-anthem.jpg

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I've lived in Fort Lauderdale/Miami, mostly Florida. but I've spent lots of time in other cities like NYC, LA, Memphis, Boston and Dallas.

Sure it isn't all the cities, and their are other great cities that I may have missed. but when I'm saying quality of life I mean overall, especially if you have kids.

as a single person? sure America can be great. even with kids its still a good place. But Canada overall has a better QOL.

Health care, crime, schools, etc. all better.
health care isn't better, it's socialized and there is wider access, but that doesn't equal better. overall crime, yea. schools, again that's a district by district thing. like that shyt may across the board be better, but there are plenty of places that like that that fit the bill here in the US while being in metros that are more diverse or entertaining than canada.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Simply sociology will tell you that diversity has never been a positive for black people in a CAC country. So, stop with this minority shyt like it's a positive for a Black person. :mjlol:
you also can't compare americas history and politics with Canada's.....

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
if you live in NYC(for example) its o different to fly to Miami, Vegas or Hawaii to live it up and have a good time than it is from places like Toronto or Montreal.
so travelling to other places means nothing cuz both places have the same.

when it comes to weather USA>>Canada by far. Even though Canadian Summers are dope.

The thing is though, Toronto or Montreal is mostly brought up for the same reason why you didn't mention places like Portland,Seattle, Pittsburgh or Minneapolis (All mostly white cities).
you have two cities to bring up...that max out at 9%...i could bring up many more - even typically thought of as cac US cities that have more black people. again, canada is not fukking with the US. canada is like one big suburb, that's cool. but canada does not have anywhere near the spirit or diversity of the US

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
health care isn't better, it's socialized and there is wider access, but that doesn't equal better. overall crime, yea. schools, again that's a district by district thing. like that shyt may across the board be better, but there are plenty of places that like that that fit the bill here in the US while being in metros that are more diverse or entertaining than canada.
Health Care is better in the fact that everyone has the same access and there is no cost or debt to worry about after,etc.

America's post secondary>> Canada's Universities for the most part. However, public schools in Canada overall are much much better than America's.

Another thing about Canada which is far more true than in the US. Canadians are less worried about living with ppl that are "like them" more so than living in a safe environment to raise their families and shyt.

If that means having black white or brown neighbours its not as big of a deal in Canada. When you look at groups of kids most ppl hang out with ppl of different back grounds.

White kids, Asian kids, black kids, all having together. Its far less segregated. Race isn't as big of a focal point there.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
you have two cities to bring up...that max out at 9%...i could bring up many more - even typically thought of as cac US cities that have more black people. again, canada is not fukking with the US. canada is like one big suburb, that's cool. but canada does not have anywhere near the spirit or diversity of the US

Canada is also a young country (relatively). with a small population of about the same as California.

Which is why ppl bring up cities like Montreal or Toronto, because those are the most diverse and cultural capitals of Canada that offer a ton of shyt for ppl.

Montreal nightlife is on par with most of the greatest nightlife cities in the US.

The only thing Canada lacks right now is a large black population. :manny: can't do nothing about that.

But I'd rather raise my kids in a safe place with plenty to offer, then just worried about what my neighbour looks like.

BUuuttt. With that being said, I can't wait to get back to Miami in November haha