The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Tobias

i'm afraid i just blue myself
Daps
Reppin
UNC, NYG, MCFC, Charlotte Hornets, Atlanta Braves
Not really.

I haven't seen him play many true 5 on 5 games. I have no idea if he can play.

I'm just willing to take a chance on him for 2 reasons:

(1) This is an epically weak draft with no good options after Ben Simmons.

(2) He has freakish athletic gifts. 6'11.75" barefoot. 7'3" wingspan. 9'3" standing reach. 36.5" vertical. Plus exception speed and agility.

The guy is a physical marvel. Much like Giannis Antentekuompo. And like him, he's in a very weak draft.

Giannis deserved to have been the #1 pick in 2013 even though he played in the Greek second division because of his unique physical gifts and the weak talent coming out that year.

Similarly, I got Thon Maker as my #2 player in this class cause of the overall weak talent coming out in 2016 and his unique physical gifts.

as a unc fan i hate ingram for the p*ssy shyt he pulled but you sound foolish if you think he is a "weak option" after simmons

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Gotta disagree. The drive and kicks with him and Hield would be better. Then add Okafor with the low post game and we're talking about a new problem in the east if they can add some wing defenders.

Like I said, that might make the best use of Simmons abilities RIGHT NOW but 5-7 years down the line you don't want to have a star player that can't play without the ball.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's 22 or 23 and hasn't played a minute of competitive basketball

You don't know that.

All we know is this. He's 6'11.75" barefoot. Has a 7'3" wingspan. A 9'3" standing reach. And he's got a 36.5" vertical. To go with amazing agility and speed for a big man.

Physically he's got it all. We've literally never seen a 7 footer with this type of speed, agility, and leaping ability.

I'm gonna take a chance on him simply on that.

His freakish once in a generation athletic gifts.

Akata Man Bromo

Still learning....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade/Broward
Wait til scouts start going down there.... so much untapped talent. They go DR and Cuba for baseball.

But never thought a mostly black country, right next door and we aint have major ballers that aint being noticed, cuz not in USA high schools or college.
I know they're having (MLB) baseball camps in Exuma... But you're right so much talent there man :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maker is turning into the Zach Lavine of this draft.

I was shocked that people were mad that Lavine was taken in the late lottery. I personally said I would take him in the top 5.

The kid had all the tools. Size, speed, athleticism, a nice handle, and jump shot. I was confident he wouldn't bust. Plus I said he had the highest ceiling in that draft alongside Andrew Wiggins.

I'm getting the same vibe with Maker. He's got all the physical tools, he has a nice handle for a big. Has a nice jump shot.

In today's nba built on stretch 4s and spacing, he's looks like the perfect player.

I'm really shocked he isn't in more demand.