The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Houston over Oklahoma.

You really can't be this stupid?

Why do people keep falling for teams like this. Houston beat no one of significance last year. They were lucky Florida State didn't show up and care about playing in the Peach Bowl against a group of 5 team.

Oklahoma is gonna hammer them next week. 45-10.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Probably not going to be Hurts, Saban doesn't start true freshmen at QB much.......No coach wants to. He might get in the game though.
If anyone could do it,Saban could.He always seemed like the type who enjoys conquering a big challenge.He's always talking about adversity.I think he could do it.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
If anyone could do it,Saban could.He always seemed like the type who enjoys conquering a big challenge.He's always talking about adversity.I think he could do it.

He's got to many options to do that right now. If it really looked like the starter wasn't getting the job done, I could see him coming in to give them a spark, like I said. I think he's looking at a redshirt if everything goes like they want it.

goatnole

BamaBoy!
Daps
Reppin
FSU
Starting a true freshmen can also have negative effects with incoming QB class and future depth(transfer) on the roster. I don't think Bama will have those problems tho. That's something most schools look at.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
if bama has first time starters at RB / qb, their ceiling is as low as it's been in a long time, I'm starting to think this is a 2 loss year for em
how u figure?
this will be our third straight season with a new starting qb and rb... and mcelroy and mccarron were both first time starters with first time starting rbs when they won their natl titles :russ:

also this team is much more talented than last years team :francis:

our ceiling was as low as it has been in a while last season this was supposed to be the year we were ready again.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Starting a true freshmen can also have negative effects with incoming QB class and future depth(transfer) on the roster. I don't think Bama will have those problems tho. That's something most schools look at.
Lol why would that have a negative effect on recruiting? if a qb saw that he could start right away at bama wouldnt that make him want to go there? But yea we will lose Barnett thats the only bad thing abotu starting Hurts, but who cares if hurts is the guy.. oh just got to the last part of ur post :lolbron: yea we should be fine.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
He's got to many options to do that right now. If it really looked like the starter wasn't getting the job done, I could see him coming in to give them a spark, like I said. I think he's looking at a redshirt if everything goes like they want it.
he doesnt tho. bateman is trash and barnett is too turnover prone. hurts is becoming the clear choice at this point.

no way he is getting redshirted. he will be the started at the latest a 3-4 games in

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
he doesnt tho. bateman is trash and barnett is too turnover prone. hurts is becoming the clear choice at this point.

no way he is getting redshirted. he will be the started at the latest a 3-4 games in

It's about the guy who's not making mistakes......only the coaches know who that is in practice......I didn't say he wouldn't play though. I said if it goes like they want, he'll be redshirted.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
You really can't be this stupid?

Why do people keep falling for teams like this. Houston beat no one of significance last year. They were lucky Florida State didn't show up and care about playing in the Peach Bowl against a group of 5 team.

Oklahoma is gonna hammer them next week. 45-10.

Predicting Houston will beat Oklahoma is no worse of a prediction than predicting that Tennessee will go 15-0 :beli:

That's my upset of the weekend and I'm sticking with it :manny:

By the way, Tennessee beat NO ONE of significance last year either if you wanna go there

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
It's about the guy who's not making mistakes......only the coaches know who that is in practice......I didn't say he wouldn't play though. I said if it goes like they want, he'll be redshirted.
yea all reports are that bateman has been regressing. in all reality he just isnt very talented. and barnett is throwing too many int's which saban hates..

hurts has an edge on both of them b/c of his athletic ability alone. and he has a good arm just a weird delivery. looks just like blake sims to me tbh. barnett is just a redshirt freshman its not like he has that much more experience. he is talented but he is a gunslinger and saban doesnt like that.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
yea all reports are that bateman has been regressing. in all reality he just isnt very talented. and barnett is throwing too many int's which saban hates..

hurts has an edge on both of them b/c of his athletic ability alone. and he has a good arm just a weird delivery. looks just like blake sims to me tbh. barnett is just a redshirt freshman its not like he has that much more experience. he is talented but he is a gunslinger and saban doesnt like that.

We'll find out who they pick next Saturday, if not a little sooner.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Wimp Sanderson just said he thinks Cooper Bateman will be named starter. :rudy:

GMac said the same thing (also said Lambert will start for UGA so he's going with safe picks)

I'd rather live and die by a True Freshman/Redshirt Freshman so we won't have to go through this QB Competition bullshyt next year