The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
No.

Ohio State and Alabama are what they are because they have arguably the two best coaches ever. Coaches that won national titles before they got to Alabama and Ohio State. Saban won a natty already at LSU. Meyer had 2 at Florida.

Before Saban got to Alabama, the program was in a 10-15 year malaise of mediocrity. And before Urban got to Ohio State, they were best known for getting blasted by the SEC in championship games.

Alabama is what it is because of Saban. Ohio State is what it is because of Meyer. You could put Saban at Tennessee and Meyer at Penn State and they would do the same thing there as they are at Alabama and Ohio State.

Its the coaches dummy.
Meyer picked up where Tress left off

Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_o8mqzdizLt1u1ljrzo2_500.gif

All 50 states, ranked by their star CFB recruits

Lot of busts when you just look at recruiting rankings.

If you go by NFL draft picks, then Louisiana is #1 per capita.

LSU is the only school outside of Florida/FSU, USC, and Georgia that can build a national title team on purely in-state talent.

Ohio State and Alabama can't. They need out of state talent to compete for national titles. Florida, FSU, LSU, Texas, Georgia, and USC don't. That is why they are the top 5 jobs and Ohio State and Alabama aren't.

Ohio State and Alabama are #7 and #8 though so I don't know why you are catching feelings.

Last edited:

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
No.

Ohio State and Alabama are what they are because they have arguably the two best coaches ever. Coaches that won national titles before they got to Alabama and Ohio State. Saban won a natty already at LSU. Meyer had 2 at Florida.

Before Saban got to Alabama, the program was in a 10-15 year malaise of mediocrity. And before Urban got to Ohio State, they were best known for getting blasted by the SEC in championship games.

Alabama is what it is because of Saban. Ohio State is what it is because of Meyer. You could put Saban at Tennessee and Meyer at Penn State and they would do the same thing there as they are at Alabama and Ohio State.

Its the coaches dummy.

You really gonna try to tell me Ohio and Alabama are not top 8 recruiting states??? :stopitslime:

Of COURSE having great coaches matter...It's a reason why having the FUNDING, DONORS, and HISTORY in abundance means you can go out and get a top tier coach.

BOTH SCHOOLS also won multiple rings BEFORE the Coaches got there...It's part of the reason why they went homie.

You ain't really saying ANYTHING:snoop:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
State of Alabama has a ton of talent tho

Its about the same as Tennessee recently so no.

Does Alabama have good talent? Yes.

But can Alabama build a national title team on just in-state players? No.

IMO a top 5 job is a job where you can build a national title team on just in-state players. And right now the only schools that can do that are:

LSU
USC
Florida/FSU
Georgia
Texas

Nobody else is in this class.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps

IMO a top 5 job is a job where you can build a national title team on just in-state players. And right now the only schools that can do that are:

LSU
USC
Florida/FSU
Georgia
Texas

The best jobs are ones where you can walk into ANY state and get top recruits.:yeshrug:

Besides having many in your own state.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Lot of busts when you just look at recruiting rankings.

If you go by NFL draft picks, then Louisiana is #1 per capita.

LSU is the only school outside of Florida/FSU, USC, and Georgia that can build a national title team on purely in-state talent.

Ohio State and Alabama can't. They need out of state talent to compete for national titles. The Florida, FSU, LSU, Texas, Georgia, and USC don't. That is why they are the top 5 jobs and Ohio State and Alabama aren't.

Ohio State and Alabama are #7 and #8 though so I don't know why you are catching feelings.
No one is catching feelings. Im just showing u that u are wrong. Also if u know anything about geography, Alabama is in between Florida, Georgia and Louisiana so there is more talent for us to choose from then LSU really.

LSU is not in that group based on what u are saying u fukking idiot

Daps
Reppin
Chi
No.

Its the coaches dummy.

You really are the WOAT of the 'seum...

OSU and Bama are two of the most tradition rich programs in CFB history...OSU and Bama are easily top 5 programs all time...

Now, I agree with you that Bama has in a haze of medicrity but they were still considered a traditional power. I'll also agree that OSU was in a skid of losing big games but they were winning the Big Ten every year and were good for 10-11 wins a season and had won the title in '02.

Bama has tradition and titles before Saban, same as OSU before Meyer...both will be strong programs after these coaches retire...both schools have enormous fanbases and boosters...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
U are clueless. stop

You telling me Saban couldn't have had Tennessee winning national titles if he went there instead of Alabama in 2006?

In 2006, Tennessee was in a much better place as a program than Alabama.

Same goes for Meyer. If he was from Pennsylvania rather than Ohio and took over Penn State instead of Ohio State, you telling me he wouldn't have them as a national title contender right now?

Tennessee and Penn State have similar resources, facilities, and history to Alabama and Ohio State. Put Saban and Meyer there and they do the same shyt they're doing now.

Thus you can't say Ohio State and Alabama are top 5 jobs. They're top 5 programs because of the greatness of the coaches. Not the other way around.

Last edited:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando

LSU
USC
Florida/FSU
Georgia
Texas

While I agree that fertile recruiting grounds is probably the most important thing, it's not the only thing. There's school history, coaching staffs, academic prestige and a few other factors that weigh into things.

I think Louisiana and Georgia are being a bit exaggerated by you as far as state talent goes. The big fish are FLA, Cali, and Texas. That's tier 1.

Then at tier two, you've got the Georgias, Louisianas, and Ohios (you're sleeping on Ohio, even though it's fukk ohio forever)

Daps
Reppin
Chi
You really gonna try to tell me Ohio and Alabama are not top 8 recruiting states??? :stopitslime:

Of COURSE having great coaches matter...It's a reason why having the FUNDING, DONORS, and HISTORY in abundance means you can go out and get a top tier coach.

BOTH SCHOOLS also won multiple rings BEFORE the Coaches got there...It's part of the reason why they went homie.

You ain't really saying ANYTHING:snoop:

GOAT level CFB coaches come from Ohio too...