The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I was wondering why the fukk Bowling Green was a 3 point favorite Saturday vs EMU so I was checking some SOS ratings to get an idea. I think EMU can win I legit feel like putting something on that line BGSU has looked brutal in the games I've watched this season
Bg is awful....emu at least has a skilled qb

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Yup.

IMO the best jobs are tied to the recruiting landscape. How fertile is your region when it comes to talent and how much competition do you have.

Thats why IMO LSU is the #1 job in college football. Louisiana is one of the top 5-6 states in producing NFL talent and has basically no competition for that talent cause every kid in Louisiana dreams to go there.

Here is my top 5:

1. LSU
2. USC
3. Georgia
4. Florida/FSU
5. Texas

Ohio State and Alabama don't have the in-state talent to be top 5 jobs IMO.

OSU and Alabama DO have fertile recruiting grounds.

And MORE IMPORTANTLY huge athletic department budgets and BOOSTERS willing to do anything to compete.

It's a reason they are top 2 in the rankings and the most winning programs the last 5-8 years.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Yup.

IMO the best jobs are tied to the recruiting landscape. How fertile is your region when it comes to talent and how much competition do you have.

Thats why IMO LSU is the #1 job in college football. Louisiana is one of the top 5-6 states in producing NFL talent and has basically no competition for that talent cause every kid in Louisiana dreams to go there.

Here is my top 5:

1. LSU
2. USC
3. Georgia
4. Florida/FSU
5. Texas

State of Alabama has a ton of talent tho

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Anything.
Yup

2008-08-07_Terrelle_Pryor.jpg

terrelle_pryor_ring.0.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Yup.

Here is my top 5:

1. LSU
2. USC
3. Georgia
4. Florida/FSU
5. Texas

It ain't Texas but Ohio is up there and is consistently a top 5/top 10 state as far as turning out football talent. There are a TON of pros from Ohio, they don't all go to OSU....MSU (LeVeon Bell, Connor Cook etc.), UM (Chuck Woodson etc), ND (Kizer) all get lots of talent out of the state.

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
It ain't Texas but Ohio is up there and is consistently a top 5/top 10 state as far as turning out football talent. There are a TON of pros from Ohio, they don't all go to OSU....MSU (LeVeon Bell, Connor Cook etc.), UM (Chuck Woodson etc), ND (Kizer) all get lots of talent out of the state.

Jake Butt, Chris Wormley, DeVeon Smith, Dymonte Thomas...I can rattle off a list of Michigan's starters from Ohio. Harbaugh doesn't hit that state as hard as Hoke used to, though

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Jake Butt, Chris Wormley, DeVeon Smith, Dymonte Thomas...I can rattle off a list of Michigan's starters from Ohio. Harbaugh doesn't hit that state as hard as Hoke used to, though

I think it's cause Harbaugh recruits nationally moreso than Hoke did. He obviously likes his skill players from certain regions (with the obvious exceptions) .. and he likes his lineman in a certain mood that he can find in another region ect.

When you're a rockstar like Harbaugh is, have the resume that he has, and is as well known as he is.. that attracts attention. Sometimes bad, but mostly good. You take the good with the bad at that point.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
Yup.

Here is my top 5:

1. LSU
2. USC
3. Georgia
4. Florida/FSU
5. Texas

tumblr_o8mqzdizLt1u1ljrzo2_500.gif

All 50 states, ranked by their star CFB recruits

Daps
Reppin
NULL
OSU and Alabama DO have fertile recruiting grounds.

And MORE IMPORTANTLY huge athletic department budgets and BOOSTERS willing to do anything to compete.

It's a reason they are top 2 in the rankings and the most winning programs the last 5-8 years.

No.

Ohio State and Alabama are what they are because they have arguably the two best coaches ever. Coaches that won national titles before they got to Alabama and Ohio State. Saban won a natty already at LSU. Meyer had 2 at Florida.

Before Saban got to Alabama, the program was in a 10-15 year malaise of mediocrity. And before Urban got to Ohio State, they were best known for getting blasted by the SEC in championship games.

Alabama is what it is because of Saban. Ohio State is what it is because of Meyer. You could put Saban at Tennessee and Meyer at Penn State and they would do the same thing there as they are at Alabama and Ohio State.

Its the coaches dummy.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
No.

Ohio State and Alabama are what they are because they have arguably the two best coaches ever. Coaches that won national titles before they got to Alabama and Ohio State. Saban won a natty already at LSU. Meyer had 2 at Florida.

Before Saban got to Alabama, the program was in a 10-15 year malaise of mediocrity. And before Urban got to Ohio State, they were best known for getting blasted by the SEC in championship games.

Alabama is what it is because of Saban. Ohio State is what it is because of Meyer. You could put Saban at Tennessee and Meyer at Penn State and they would do the same thing there as they are at Alabama and Ohio State.

Its the coaches dummy.
U are clueless. stop