The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
You telling me Saban couldn't have had Tennessee winning national titles if he went there instead of Alabama in 2006?

In 2006, Tennessee was in a much better place as a program than Alabama.

Same goes for Meyer. If he was from Pennsylvania rather than Ohio and tool over Penn State instead of Ohio State, you telling me he wouldn't have them as a national title contender right now?

Tennessee and Penn State have similar resources, facilities, and history to Alabama and Ohio State. Put Saban and Meyer there and they do the same shyt they're doing now.

Thus you can't say Ohio State and Alabama are top 5 jobs. They're top 5 programs because of the greatness of the coaches. Not the other way around.
Based on tradition Alabama was a top 1 or 2 program before Saban got there now we are #1 for sure. Alabama has the best resources in the country. Best tradition in the country. I just showed u we have basically the same amount of 4 and 5 star recruits being produced as Louisiana and its MUCH easier for us to recruit Georgia and Florida then it is for LSU.

Ohio state and Alabama are both easily top 5 jobs breh just stop u arent making urself look smart or funny right now:beli:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The best jobs are ones where you can walk into ANY state and get top recruits.:yeshrug:

Besides having many in your own state.

No school just gets the best out of state kids. Its the coach.

Kids want to go to the NFL first and foremost. Urban Meyer is killing it at recruiting right now because he had 5 kids go in the first round not because of the name Ohio State.

Saban always gets the #1 recruiting class because of all the guys he gets drafted.

Other than in-state kids, the name in the front means little. Its can you get me to the NFL that gets out of state kids to come to your school.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You really are the WOAT of the 'seum...

OSU and Bama are two of the most tradition rich programs in CFB history...OSU and Bama are easily top 5 programs all time...

Now, I agree with you that Bama has in a haze of medicrity but they were still considered a traditional power. I'll also agree that OSU was in a skid of losing big games but they were winning the Big Ten every year and were good for 10-11 wins a season and had won the title in '02.

Bama has tradition and titles before Saban, same as OSU before Meyer...both will be strong programs after these coaches retire...both schools have enormous fanbases and boosters...

So do Notre Dame and Nebraska. But that don't make them top 5 jobs?

We're talking top 5 jobs not top 5 program prestige. If we're talking prestige and history I'll give you that. But we're not taking prestige.

IMO the quality of job is based on how easily you can build a national title contender and that obviously depends on how fertile the recruiting ground is.

And the only schools that can build a national title team on just in-state players is Florida, Florida State, USC, LSU, Georgia, and Texas.

Ohio State and Alabama are top 10 so stop crying.

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
Yup

2008-08-07_Terrelle_Pryor.jpg

terrelle_pryor_ring.0.jpg
where Michigan 2008 Big Ten championship ring at? :ohhh:

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
:mjlol: At y'all getting ur panties in a bunch about ur school having instate talent. Lost in all of this is that LSU gets to recruit their instate talent but also steal talent in Texas. And they have, shout out to Jamal Adams :salute:

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
:mjlol: At y'all getting ur panties in a bunch about ur school having instate talent. Lost in all of this is that LSU gets to recruit their instate talent but also steal talent in Texas. And they have, shout out to Jamal Adams :salute:
He was 100% wrong lmao at saying Louisiana has more talent than Florida Texas or Cali. They are lower than Georgia and Ohio and tied with Bama basically :mjlol:

Alabama can walk into any state in the country and get a 5 star player. LSU can not

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
You're a damn fool if you think Swag is the worst poster in this thread :smh: