The OFFICIAL 2016 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I feel bad I may have been too hostile towards dude this summer:shaq2:

Tennessee won't make the playoffs but they should hit double digit wins this year for the first time in a long time. :ehh:

The 2001 Canes comparison though:camby:

You're right. That was inaccurate. 2001 canes were a dominant team in a weak era.

I'll say the 2016 Vols are more like the 2008-09 Florida Gators. A dominant team in an era of other dominant teams.

That 2008 and 2009 Gator team didn't have as many first round picks as the 2001 Canes but overall had more guys make big impacts in the NFL.

Look back at those rosters. They're littered with NFL starters and studs. Its one of the reasons Tebow looked good in college. He was basically playing on an NFL team in college. The guys around him made him look good.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's telling Vegas only think Miami a td better than mighty app st on neutral field let cane fans tell it they gonna win by 40 Saturday.

I've been saying App State gonna win that game since we played em.

They don't physically look like a group of 5 team. They look like a middle of the road ACC team. And Miami has been prone to losing to middle of the road ACC teams on the road.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russell::russell::russell:

If App State can take advantage of our lack of depth in the backend they'll make this a game. But that jet sweep, pop pass shyt they ran vs TN ain't gon work.

Looking like a 28-10 type game to me. :smugdraper:

Their defense is stout. Last year they were #6 overall in the FBS. Top 10 in almost every defensive category.

They had one player drafted last year (DT Ronald Blair in the 5th round). Allegedly they have a few more on that side of the ball that will be playing on Sundays.

Don't take their defense lightly. Our offense is typically explosive and we only scored 13 points on them in regulation.

It'll be a low scoring game.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My title contenders for each conference at this point after 2 weeks

ACC
FSU
Clemson
Louisville

BIG
Ohio St
Michigan

Big 12
Texas
Oklahoma slim chance

SEC
Alabama
Tennessee
Florida

Pac 12
Washington
Oregon

Everyone else
Houston
ND

Im selling Stanford they will be darling later in year they losing to Washington and ND they would need too much help

Oklahoma only hope is they have chance to pluck wins vs OSU and Texas

FSU can afford a loss Saturday they have plenty of chances to build up resume with wins over ranked UNC Miami Clemson and Florida

Im not buying UGA they not ready yet

Not drinking LSU koolaid stil see 3 more losses on schedule no matter who qb is

Playoffs will be:

1. ACC Champ (FSU/Clemson)
2. Big 10 Champ (Ohio State/Michigan)
3. SEC Champ (Alabama/Tennessee/LSU/A&M)
4. Houston/Notre Dame or second ACC/Big 10 team

Pac 12 and Big 12 have no chance in the playoffs at all. If Houston or Notre Dame lose again, they are eliminated. Since I think Houston will lose to Louisville and Notre Dame will lose at least one more game, then that means 2 teams from the same conference will make the playoffs.

IMO the only conferences with a chance at getting 2 teams in will be the Big 10 or ACC. SEC is too tough and everyone but the SEC champ will have at least 2 losses. FSU/Clemson/Ohio State/Michigan are all teams I think will have 1 loss or less at the end of the year.

my playoff prediction right now is:

1. Florida State
2. Ohio State
3. Tennessee
4. Michigan

I'm predicting as of today that both Michigan and Ohio State will make the playoffs.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Its surprising this only forum where gator fans weren't arrogant marks and respectful. Miami fans are a different story they cool but never honest about they program and still on that 2001 shyt. Even the FSU on here im a homer but im objective about FSU football there a few teams i don't FSU to have any part of matchup wise right now but if we can figure shyt out on the OL and chill on all the extra shyt defense Kelly wants to run at times we can be title team.

I kinda wanna lose Saturday so we get that wakeup call early instead of later when we can't make up ground

:russ: dog look at this foolishness! boy that defense about to get expose and you know that:wow:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
:childplease: Aint tryna live in this

IMG_0293-1024x682.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No clue why they set the over at 6.5. 4 cupcakes to begin the year followed by a tough FSU, VTech, ND, UNC then another 4 cupcakes.

These dudes aren't watching VTech the past couple of years thinking Fuente is gonna magically make them relevant. Bud Foster living off his rep at this point. Seen a lot of media guys picking Pitt as a dark horse.

I got zero respect for you as a coach and a program if James Coley and Mark D'Onofrio out coached you.

Va-Tech has some athletic playmakers. I didn't have much respect for them before we played em but those dudes could be a problem in the coastal.

Their RB (Travon McMillian) is explosive. He should be a top 4 RB in the conference after Dalvin Cook, Elijah Hood, and James Conner. Their QB (Jerod Evans) also surprised me. He's alot like Marquise Williams at UNC last year. I think he has a very good year. And everyone knows about their receivers.

They got a chance to be a decent offense and if Bud Foster can give them a half-way decent defense, I think they could pull a North Carolina type surprise this year. Don't be surprised if they win the coastal. I think it'll be between them, Pitt, and possible Miami. North Carolina will not be very good.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im guessing they wouldn't be giving up 23 ppg so far this season:francis: And those were the worst offenses on yalls schedule

Va-Tech will be a very explosive offense in the ACC. I think they'll be this year's North Carolina. They might not win 11 games but they'll be a respectable 9-10 win ball club that will challenge for the ACC Coastal crown.

As the season progresses our win over them will start to look better.

They're a very athletic team. Especially at QB, RB, and WR.