The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My thoughts exactly. Should have got the d-line and o-line straight first.​

Yeah I didn't like the DJ hayden pick. Cornerbacks don't affect win/loss that much imo. We've learned with Aso that you can have a shutdown corner and it doesn't = wins.

Edit:
Oh yeah. And Hayden could die on the field too. Great pick McKenzie :upsetfavre:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Yeah I didn't like the DJ hayden pick. Cornerbacks don't affect win/loss that much imo. We've learned with Aso that you can have a shutdown corner and it doesn't = wins.

Edit:
Oh yeah. And Hayden could die on the field too. Great pick McKenzie :upsetfavre:

He need to understand this aint the Packers.​

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Matt McGloin has been one of the more interesting stories for the Raiders this off-season. The undrafted free agent quarterback tried out for the Panthers and was not signed, then tried out for the Raiders and they liked him enough to cut priority undrafted free agent Kyle Padron. Now, according to Rand Getlin of Yahoo Sports, McGloin has made the Raiders' roster.
The reports early of the Raiders keeping undrafted free agent Matt McGloin inevitably led to the question of whether that means Tyler Wilson will be cut. Now there are rumors the Raiders may just be keeping four quarterbacks on the roster.
Word came out prior to the Raiders announcing their 53-man roster cuts that David Bass has been released. It comes from Jim Thomas of the St Louis Dispatch.
:dwillhuh: How did Bass not make the team? He looked good from when I heard from training camp and was solid in preseason. I guess they liked Ryan Robinson more than.
Raiders head coach Dennis Allen said Friday via conference call that Menelik Watson will be the Raiders' opening day starter at left tackle.
:obama: :pachaha: Not bad for someone that didn't do much in OTA's and didn't even practice in training camp and he looked really good. He is definetly looking like a keeper and once Veldheer comes back, can just move Watson back to RT and we should be sit. Gotta use that FA money to get much better guards, Mike Briesel been a big disappointment.
:beli: Imma a pissed if we cut Connor Vernon, I really think he can be a nice slot receiver for us.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Chris Kluwe got cut as well.

My nikka King. :win:

Breh brehs, I know its hard but I want us to do our worst this year. If we can get some real talent on this defense we could be a problem. To me the offense is set soon as Pryor is ready and we improve at the guards/TE plus maybe get a better backup RB. If there were any year to have a high pick this is it, I hope all the college QBs ball out so we can trade down and get more picks. This team ain't THAT far off, we just need talent and depth and a draft with lots of picks while still getting quality talent at important positions. Get a dominate D-Lineman and surround him with other beasts in the mid to late rounds, get more LBer depth, mane let these young nikka be some shyt for one more season while Pryor lay in the cut and train for his day.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
My nikka King. :win:

Breh brehs, I know its hard but I want us to do our worst this year. If we can get some real talent on this defense we could be a problem. To me the offense is set soon as Pryor is ready and we improve at the guards/TE plus maybe get a better backup RB. If there were any year to have a high pick this is it, I hope all the college QBs ball out so we can trade down and get more picks. This team ain't THAT far off, we just need talent and depth and a draft with lots of picks while still getting quality talent at important positions. Get a dominate D-Lineman and surround him with other beasts in the mid to late rounds, get more LBer depth, mane let these young nikka be some shyt for one more season while Pryor lay in the cut and train for his day.
Yeah we just need a franchise quarterback, an offensive line, a defensive line, a linebacking core, 2 new starting receivers and a good defensive back.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yeah we just need a franchise quarterback, an offensive line, a defensive line, a linebacking core, 2 new starting receivers and a good defensive back.

lol, Veldeer is a keeper and I think Watson will be too. That leaves the guards and center, I've never been thrilled with what we have there. Aside from that yeah, obviously we need a defensive overhaul which is why I want us to be in position to trade down for more picks. With a better cap situation we can add good priced vets around some young talent. As for QB, I think Pryor can be the answer if he gets his accuracy sharp and the deep ball gets more consistent. Him making all the throws is when he should start, I'm not with all that "fukk it he's our best chance" shyt in what's obviously a throwaway season.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
So we just cut the 4th round QB Tyler Wilson???? :snoop:

This type of bullshyt fukkery is the exact reason I wasn't mad at Hue Jackson

Ralph Wiggum

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Good thing I'm getting sunday ticket, I dont know about where you guys live, but here in so. cal. CBS stops showing our games after the 2nd or 3rd week. :steviej:

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol, Veldeer is a keeper and I think Watson will be too. That leaves the guards and center, I've never been thrilled with what we have there. Aside from that yeah, obviously we need a defensive overhaul which is why I want us to be in position to trade down for more picks. With a better cap situation we can add good priced vets around some young talent. As for QB, I think Pryor can be the answer if he gets his accuracy sharp and the deep ball gets more consistent. Him making all the throws is when he should start, I'm not with all that "fukk it he's our best chance" shyt in what's obviously a throwaway season.
You don't like lil wiz?