The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Got a feeling brehs Dennis Allen going to hire somebody vanilla as hell as the new OC. :sadbron:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
At least we won something.

The NFL's 10 best cheerleading squads 2013 - Yahoo! Sports

The NFL's 10 best cheerleading squads 2013

When the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers faced off at Super Bowl XLV, an estimated 11 million U.S. television viewers tuned into the 2011 game. Despite those numbers, something was missing – cheerleaders.

Of the 32 teams in the NFL, six don't have squads, and Super Bowl XLV happened to feature two of them. The 2012 Super Bowl champion New York Giants also doesn't have a cheerleading squad, but the team they beat, the New England Patriots, does, providing a morale boost from the sideline.

CNBC.com listed the best cheerleading squads in 2011 and 2012. The 2013 rankings have been provided by Michele Crawford-Carnegie, a seven-year veteran of the Atlanta Falcons cheerleaders and the current owner of the Alumni Cheerleaders social networking site.

Read ahead to see the NFL's 10 best cheerleading squads for 2013, as chosen by Crawford-Carnegie.

1. Oakland Raiders

In a test of its fans' loyalty and patience, the Raiders football team moved from Oakland to Los Angeles and back to Oakland within a span of 13 years. But while the stadiums may have changed, the fans' love of the Raiderette cheerleaders never wavered, and they have remained "Football's Fabulous Females" through all the ups and downs.

"The Oakland Raiderettes' are the hottest NFL squad this season," Crawford-Carnegie said. "Their performances are exciting and thrilling to watch. Their hard work is obvious at every game, and that kind of commitment is very special." She also pointed out another vital attribute that makes the Raiderettes exceptional. "Their iconic uniform is a part of what makes them so appealing and sexy."

100343729-oakland-raider-cheerleaders-2012-gettyp.600x400.jpg

jazzfan

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reggie Mckenzie is thinking of cutting Carson Palmer??? WTH is he thinking @Raidernewsflash reports on twitter.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
The Raiders interviewed Mike Martz for their offensive coordinator vacancy in an attempt to find an upgrade over the fired Greg Knapp, a person familiar with the situation said.
They also spoke with Juan Castillo about the prospect of taking over for fired offensive line coach Frank Pollack.
To this point, the Raiders have not released any information about their search for replacements for Knapp, Pollack, special teams coordinator Steve Hoffman and linebackers coach Johnny Holland.
All four were fired the day after the Raiders completed a 4-12 season, their 10th straight season without a winning record.
Martz last worked in the league as the Chicago Bears offensive coordinator in 2011. He was fired after a two-year stint. He was the 49ers offensive coordinator in 2008 and served in the same capacity for the Detroit Lions in 2006-07.
Raiders coach Dennis Allen said in his year-end news conference that he isn’t in a hurry to find an offensive coordinator.
“I don’t have a time frame for getting somebody in,” Allen said. “I want to make sure we get the right guy, and however long that takes for us to get the right guy, that’s how long that that takes.”
Allen also said he isn’t averse to working with an offensive coordinator that has experience as a head coach. Martz coached the Rams from 2000-05 and solidified his reputation as a guy that can get the most out of his offense.
“I’ll be comfortable with a guy I feel like gives us the best chance to be successful in all areas,” Allen said.
Under Knapp this season, the Raiders struggled establishing a consistent running attack and scoring points.
Pollack and Knapp came under fire for their implementation of the zone-blocking scheme upon their arrival last offseason.
Castillo was the Eagles offensive line coach for 13 seasons before then-coach Andy Reid promoted him to defensive coordinator before the 2011 season. The move backfired and resulted in the Eagles firing Castillo in October of this season.

Raiders interview Martz for off. coord. vacancy - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

HELL NO To Martz! I wouldn't mind Castillo as the O-line coach though.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
@RaiderNewsFlash

Raiders have 2 other OC coaches scheduled to interview Mon and Tue unless they end up signing Martz

@RaiderNewsFlash

Can't find out who right now but I'm being told Martz was the second guy interviewed! McKenzie is good at keeping things on the down low

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:snoop: Mike fukking Martz??? :why: Martz is as bad and might be worst than Knapp. Maybe I got my hopes up too high about Norv Turner being our OC. I don't mind if the Raider cut Palmer, cutting Palmer, Seymour, and a bunch of the other bad contracts like DHB or by trades might be the best thing for us to do. The Raiders would save a shyt load of money, something the Raiders never did with Al. Pryor still has mechanical and other issues as QB, but :ehh: we are gonna be in a rebuild or a while anyways, and from the other Raiders fans I know actually like Pryor. He is too damn athletic and has potential to be wasted. We can draft a QB later in the rounds, and just go from there. :yeshrug: But, if Palmer is still on the team, than :ehh: Its whatever :yeshrug:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Pryor has a long way to go when it comes to reading the defense and throwing the football. He needs to work hard at this if he wants to be the starter.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Ray Anderson, Raiders talk job

The Oakland Raiders have held exploratory talks with Ray Anderson, the NFL's senior vice president of football operations, about a senior executive front office job as owner Mark Davis is contemplating a restructuring of the franchise's organization, according to league sources.

The Raiders sought and received permission from the NFL to speak with Anderson, who joined the league as the football operations chief in 2006, sources said.

Neither Anderson nor the Raiders could be reached for immediate comment.