The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
so yall like pryor ?

:obama: He is still raw and still has lots to improve on and work on, but he is too damn athletic and has potential that shouldn't be wasted. But, the thing I actually have liked most about him is his poise and humble he has been and talks about getting better and everyone says he has a really good work ethic and you can tell by his interviews. Plus, he actually was making plays from nothing to something and was able to get into the end zone and score against the Chargers, something we couldn't do practically this whole season. He has said the right things and has put in work. He was supposed to get traded or let go by the new regime this offseason due to being drafted by Al Davis and the new regime wants nothing to due with Al. But, now after his game against the Chargers, practically every Raiders fan I know are down with Pryor and hopefully he is able to even start and should stay and continue to develop. He has the tools and the athleticism to succeed since QB's are now more mobile, and he has a really good deep ball. He gotta work on his mechanics and footwork a lot though, but we have confidence in his work ethic and that it can work.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Chan Gaily as the next Raiders OC :scusthov::scusthov::scusthov:

:beli: :why: Can't believe I'm saying this, but Save Us Norv Turner as our OC :blessed: Even though we suffered all those beating by LT when he would go off on us for 200 yards like it was nothing everytime.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOYWK7XEUsg"]All-American Team: Jarvis Jones - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjsLY8PsLRU"]DawgNation: Jarvis Jones declares for NFL Draft - YouTube[/ame]

This is who we need to draft:wow:Dude is a BEAST!

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The Raiders parted ways, over the last year, with 26 players who were on the active roster on Week 17 of the 2011 season. And they're just getting started.

Seventeen Oakland players are unrestricted free agents, and most of those will not be back. And there are experienced players under contract with the team who are confident they will be gone, as well.

Coach Dennis Allen, who just completed a 4-12 rookie season, said he and general manager Reggie McKenzie have met several times the past few weeks essentially crossing names out, writing them back in pencil, and crossing some more out.

"We've identified those guys that we're trying to get back and we're in the process," Allen said. "How long that process takes, at the end of the day Reggie will handle that part of it. But we've met a lot (discussing) where we're going as an organization and what we're looking to do. We've got a clear plan of what we're trying to get done."

Of the 17 free agents (see list), you can pretty much kiss punter Shane Lechler and defensive tackle Richard Seymour goodbye. Lechler made $3.8 million last year and McKenzie kept rookie Marquette King around on injured reserve for a not-raining-money day.

Seymour missed eight games with a hamstring injury, and probably will sign with a contender for less than the $7.5 million he made last season.

Among those players McKenzie and Allen would like back are linebacker Philip Wheeler and defensive end Andre Carter. Tight end Brandon Myers and defensive tackle Desmond Bryant both had good seasons and also likely would be welcomed back at the right price.

Heading up the list of players under contract who will not be back are middle linebacker Rolando McClain. He was suspended for two games for a series of transgressions and will be released when it makes salary-cap sense to do so.

The Raiders are very close to the projected 2013 salary cap figure of $121 million, and defensive tackle Tommy Kelly ($6.5 million salary) and receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey ($7.72 million) could be released to make room. Kelly, who was double-teamed at times with Seymour out, had only 1.5 sacks. Heyward-Bey finished with 41 catches and 606 yards - down from 64 and 975.

McKenzie made clear that the team needs more leaders, and Allen said that was part of putting a list together.

"I know we have some guys that are going to be the core of what we want and the type of players we want," Allen said. "I also know we've got some work to do to get more of those types of players."

Quarterback Carson Palmer appears to be one of those core players because of his $13 million salary next year and the salary-cap implications if they cut him and the lack of a clear alternative.

Raiders free agents

Players eligible for unrestricted free agency: T Khalif Barnes, DT Desmond Bryant, G Cooper Carlisle, DE Andre Carter, LB Omar Gaither, S Matt Giordano, RB Mike Goodson, WR Derek Hagan, CB Joselio Hanson, P Shane Lechler, QB Matt Leinart, S Mike Mitchell, TE Brandon Myers, DT Richard Seymour, DE Matt Shaughnessy, CB Shawntae Spencer, LB Philip Wheeler

Players eligible for restricted free agency: CB Phillip Adams

Exclusive-rights free agents: LB Kaelin Burnett, WR Duke Calhoun, CB Coye Francies, T Zach Hurd, C/G Alex Parsons, CB Brandian Ross, RB Jeremy Stewart
Raiders' roster remodel will be severe - SFGate

010312-futures.jpg

The Oakland Raiders have signed FB Jon Hoese, NT Johnny Jones and WR Isaiah Williams to reserve/future contracts, the team announced Thursday. All three players were signed after participating in a tryout with the Silver and Black.

The 6-foot-2, 247-pound Hoese was in training camp with the Green Bay Packers in 2012. He was originally signed by the Packers as a non-drafted rookie free agent out of Minnesota, and spent time on Green Bay’s practice squad in 2011. His last name is pronounced HAZE-ee.

The 6-foot-4, 317-pound Jones was with the Packers for the past two seasons. He spent the majority of the 2011 season on Green Bay’s practice squad and was placed on injured reserve during the 2012 preseason. Jones originally signed with the Miami Dolphins as a non-drafted free agent out of Marshall in 2011.

Williams, a 6-foot-2, 204-pound receiver, spent time on the Arizona Cardinals’ practice squad in 2012. He has been with four different teams, including Pittsburgh and Seattle, since entering the NFL as a non-drafted rookie free agent with the Baltimore Ravens in 2009 out of Maryland, where he was teammates with current Raiders WR Darrius Heyward-Bey.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Expect more change in store in Oakland as the second year of the Reggie McKenzie era is about to commence.

McKenzie made several big personnel decisions last year and began to seriously transform the roster. It will continue again this offseason. While precise salary cap figures are not yet available, the Raiders should be in better shape than last year’s miserable plight, but they will still have some tough decisions to make.

With many free agents and some other high-priced players, McKenzie will be faced with more tough decisions this year.Here is a look at some players who may not be on the team in training camp:

Receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey: The No. 7 overall pick of the 2009 draft had a nice third season when he caught 64 passes after a slow start to his career. But he regressed in 2012 withjust 41 catches. Heyward-Bey is entering the final year of his contract and I think he is worth keeping around. He will likely never become a star, but is a decent threat. I could see the Raiders looking to tweak his contract for this season though to try to get some relief for the salary cap.

Defensive tackle Tommy Kelly: Kelly, 32, was up and down this season. He is still a decent player, but he misses a lot of plays. He has two years remaining on a seven-year, $50.5 million deal. If the Raiders bring him back, they will likely ask him to take a pay cut. Defensive tackle Desmond Bryant is a free agent and Oakland may sign him instead and shed Kelly.

Punter Shane Lechler: The 36-year-old free agent could be gone next season. Oakland has young punter Marquette King on the injured reserve. King has a big leg, but he is still raw and inexperience. While Lechler didn’t have a great year in 2012, he is still an upper-level punter. If he doesn’t get a great deal elsewhere, I could see him coming back.

Linebacker Rolando McClain: I don't see him coming back. He has burnt too many bridges. There have been reports that the Raiders may get a salary cap break because he was suspended by the team. Either way, he’s gone.

Running back Darren McFadden: McFadden is entering the final season of his contract. His play diminished this season and his injury issues continued. McFadden has missed at least three games due to injury in all five of his NFL seasons. I think Oakland -- which doesn’t have a second and fifth round pick in the April draft -- should consider dealing McFadden if it got a second or third-round pick in return. There really isn’t a huge market for an injury-prone near free agent tailback, however, so McFadden could easily play his contract year in Oakland. He too could be a candidate for a pay cut.

Tight end Brandon Myers: Myers had a breakout year this season. He had 79 catches for 804 yards and is a free agent. The Raiders don’t have any great options and they need to keep Myers. He opened eyes around the league and if he hits free agency, someone could pay him big.

Quarterback Carson Palmer: I think Palmer stays. I don’t think he is the answer for the long haul, but for 2013, the 33-year-old will be Oakland’s quarterback. He is due a huge contract and he will likely restructure his deal. Terrelle Pryor showed some promise in his Week 17 start, but I think the Raiders will feel more comfortable with Palmer’s experience for at least another season. I think we could be talking about Palmer’s departure this time next year.

Defensive tackle Richard Seymour: Seymour’s time in Oakland is up. His contract is voided and he is a free agent. The team will take a $5.26 million cap hit, but Seymour is 33 and has missed half the season with a hamstring injury. He is on the decline and Oakland needs to get younger.

Linebacker Philip Wheeler: Wheeler is a free agent. He signed a one-year deal with Oakland and he was one of its best defensive players. Wheeler will be more viable on the open market. Oakland needs all the quality players it can get on defense. He must be a priority re-sign.

Several key Raiders could be gone - AFC West Blog - ESPN

:obama:

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
:obama: He is still raw and still has lots to improve on and work on, but he is too damn athletic and has potential that shouldn't be wasted. But, the thing I actually have liked most about him is his poise and humble he has been and talks about getting better and everyone says he has a really good work ethic and you can tell by his interviews. Plus, he actually was making plays from nothing to something and was able to get into the end zone and score against the Chargers, something we couldn't do practically this whole season. He has said the right things and has put in work. He was supposed to get traded or let go by the new regime this offseason due to being drafted by Al Davis and the new regime wants nothing to due with Al. But, now after his game against the Chargers, practically every Raiders fan I know are down with Pryor and hopefully he is able to even start and should stay and continue to develop. He has the tools and the athleticism to succeed since QB's are now more mobile, and he has a really good deep ball. He gotta work on his mechanics and footwork a lot though, but we have confidence in his work ethic and that it can work.

did you like his throws, though? did you see that duck he threw in the end zone for it to be picked off? that's the sh.t that caught my attention throughout the preseason and season when I would see him either play vs Det or warm up before games. But no doubt, he has wheels and he made sugar out of shyt a few times...

but unless he improves his throwing mechanics 10 fold, it's going to be real hard watching this kid take snaps all season.

i think Norv Turner helps DMAC a lot if he joins... but what about Prior? That's where Chan Gailey kind of intrigues me... he put Spiller in a lot of positions to succeed and I wonder if he's innovative enough to install an effective read option offense... i'm just not convinced Norvell has that in his wheel house being with Phil non mobile Rivers

hopefully we stockpile draft picks and trade down every chance we get.

here we go.... again

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:beli: What a surprise, guess who got arrested again? :smh: Just get rid of him ASAP

It seems every time Rolando McClain is allowed to go back to his hometown of Decatur Alabama, he gets arrested. This time it was far less severe than it was last time but he was arrested just the same.

Police pulled McClain's vehicle over for a window tint violation and what began as a routine traffic stop turned into an arrest when McClain gave the officer a false name. He was held briefly and released on bail.

"I'm falsely accused of everything," McClain said before climbing into a white Chevrolet Silverado and driving from the parking lot of City Hall. "It's corrupt. It's terrible."

Asked if he believes police are out to get him, McClain said, "Yes. You said it. I answered it."

Yes, it seems everyone is out to get McClain these days. Last season when he was in Decatur for his grandfather's funeral, he was arrested after an alleged altercation with a childhood friend. In that instance, he was charged with several counts including assault, discharging a firearm, and menacing. The alleged victim claimed McClain had put a gun to his head and then fired it off by his ear.

That time, a shot of him with a foolish grin on his face while getting arrested as well as his smirking mugshot took on lives of their own. This time, he was at least smart enough not to smile in his mugshot.

He was found guilty on all charges last year by a judge in Alabama and sentenced to six months in jail but requested a trial by jury and before it could go to trial, the case was dismissed after the victim, Richard Tapscott, dropped the charges.

Last season apparently Raiders head coach Dennis Allen was also out to get McClain when the two of them had a verbal disagreement in practice that had him kicked out of practice. He immediately took to facebook saying he was "officially no longer a Raider". Then it was GM Reggie McKenzie who was out to get him because he suspended McClain for two games. The former starting middle linebacker would not play in the final five games of the season for the Raiders.

The assumption was already that he had played his last game in a Raider uniform. This arrest only makes it less likely another team would take a chance on him in a trade.
image.JPG