The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
This is just part of building a winning culture tho @pete clemenza these guys gotta learn how to do those things. If this coaching staff can't bring that out of them then that's a problem, if we don't got the players bout that life we gotta address that, but beyond all other things winning games your suppose to win is a learned behavior for a team. I'm just hoping Pryor can be a catalyst for that.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This is just part of building a winning culture tho @pete clemenza these guys gotta learn how to do those things. If this coaching staff can't bring that out of them then that's a problem, if we don't got the players bout that life we gotta address that, but beyond all other things winning games your suppose to win is a learned behavior for a team. I'm just hoping Pryor can be a catalyst for that.
Real talk.. I agree but to have a winning culture you first have to WIN SOME GAMES. win a game you weren't supposed to win, steal a win, get lucky every now and then, take the win when its offered to you on a platter like the Giants game yesterday. Games like the loss at Denver I'll accept, hell I even let the Eagles game slide since Foles was unconscious and on fire but shyt like yesterday is un-excusable... winning culture or perennial doormat.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Team Report - OAKLAND RAIDERS

If anyone was wondering what Oakland Raiders quarterbackTerrelle Pryor was like minus the ability to run, a 24-20 loss to the New York Giants Sunday provided an answer.

Not good.

Pryor left a one-sided loss to the Philadelphia Eagles the week before with a knee strain that was considered no big deal. Coach Dennis Allen said Pryor was coming out of the game anyway, and he practiced without limitations during the week.

Yet it was clear from the outset Pryor's ability to run had been compromised. He was good enough to evade pressure on occasion but the burst that makes him special in the open field was missing.

"When I woke up this morning, I knew I was going to have trouble," Pryor said afterward. "It was definitely confirmed in the game. It was confirmed in warm-up sessions."

Pryor finished 11 of 26 for 122 yards. He had some dropped passes but also failed to see open receivers. His 19 yards rushing on five carries was his low output for the season.

It was something the Raiders didn't see coming during the week of practice, and whatever issues Pryor had during warm-ups weren't relayed to Allen.

"That was never expressed to me," Allen said Monday. "But listen, I watched the game. You could tell he wasn't totally 100 percent. So we've got to talk about it. We've got to make sure that if he's healthy enough to go, then he's up and can go and be effective for us."

The underlying concern is that shorn of the super-charged mobility, Pryor is something less than extraordinary. As it is, he has completed less than 54 passes in each of his last four games and has one touchdown pass and eight interceptions.

Allen said he didn't believe Pryor's knee to be the biggest issue in the game, the translation being there were plays to be made in the passing game and the Raiders didn't make them.

Not all of which is Pryor's fault, Allen said.

"We've got to continue to work to improve in our passing game," Allen said. "Everybody is involved in that. Protection is involved in that. Routes are involved in that. The quarterback is involved in that.

"That's something we've got to continue to work on to improve because we've got to be able to throw the ball effectively to have success offensively in this league."

NOTES, QUOTES

--A crucial series in the loss to the Giants came when the Raiders couldn't finish off their best drive of the game with a touchdown.

Taking over at the 20, the Raiders drove to the 1-yard line and had a first-and-goal with a chance to take a 24-14 lead. Rashad Jennings, who finished with 88 yards on 20 carries, was stopped for no gain on first down -- one of the few times he didn't gain positive yardage.

On second down, with the Raiders expecting the Giants to load up, New York instead covered Denarius Mooreon a play-action pass that went incomplete. With third-and-goal at the 1, tackle Khalif Barnes had a false start.

With the run taken out of play, Pryor threw incomplete and Sebastian Janikowski kicked a 24-yard field goal.

"We got three points and we lost by four," Pryor said.

The drive took 8:04 off the clock to start the second half.

--Cornerback Tracy Porter became the first player to have interception returns for touchdowns against both of the Manning brothers. He stole an Eli Manning pass and ran 43 yards for a touchdown to stake the Raiders to a 17-14 halftime lead.

"It was just zone coverage, reading the quarterback, he settled in to get the ball to (Victor) Cruz) and I just made a good read and he let the ball go and I made a great break and I ran it down for a touchdown," Porter said.

Porter's most famous interception was a 74-yard touchdown return against Peyton Manning when the New Orleans Saints beat the Indianapolis Colts 31-17 in Super Bowl XLIV.

--Jennings had 88 yards on 20 carries after gaining 102 yards on 15 attempts the week before in the absence ofDarren McFadden.

When McFadden recovers from a hamstring strain, Jennings could well be cutting into his work load, although Allen stopped short of saying the veteran running back would start.

"It's a production business and when he's had the opportunity to go in there, he has produced," Allen said. "When you do that, you get more opportunities."

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
STRATEGY AND PERSONNEL

PLAYER NOTES

--LT Khalif Barnes had three holding penalties to go along with a costly false start against New York.

--WR Denarius Moore caught a 23-yard pass on a third-and-9, the only third-down conversion by pass in the game for the Raiders.

--P Marquette King had his first punt blocked and run back for a touchdown, but had a gross average of 50.8 yards and placed three balls inside the 20-yard line.

--CB Taiwan Jones stripped and recovered a fumble on the opening kickoff and had kickoff returns of 41 and 30 yards.

--LB Sio Moore, a rookie third-round draft pick, led the Raiders with nine tackles and had a sack and a forced fumble.

INJURY IMPACT

--LT Jared Veldheer, On injured return designated for return, is rehabbing more aggressively but isn't expected to be available to play this week.

--SS Tyvon Branch, out since the second week of the season with an ankle injury, is not expected to be able to practice this week.

--RB Darren McFadden missed the Giants game with a hamstring strain and his availability will be determined this week.

--T Tony Pashos missed his fourth game with a hip injury and there is hope he might get on the practice field this week.

--CB D.J. Hayden did not play against the Giants with a groin strain and his availability for Wednesday's practice is not known.

REPORT CARD VS. GIANTS

PASSING OFFENSE: F - Terrelle Pryor was off-target and imprecise, and his receivers did him no favors with dropped passes, including two by Denarius Moore. Pryor was 11 of 26 for 122 yards and no touchdowns, was baited into an interception by Terrell Thomas that was returned 65 yards for a touchdown that gave the Giants the lead for good. Other than a third-down hookup with Moore for 23 yards during an 11-play, 74-yard drive, there were no other third-down conversions by passing.

RUSHING OFFENSE: B - Fairly stout for the second week, and both times essentially without Darren McFadden, who stayed home with a hamstring strain. Rashad Jennings backed up his 102-yard effort the previous week with 88 yards on 20 carries against a Giants defense that had been very good against the run. With Pryor lacking his usual burst with an MCL sprain, he gained a season-low 19 yards on five carries.

PASS DEFENSE: B - Eli Manning was 11 for 22 for 140 yards as the Raiders made him uncomfortable in the pocket with ever-changing blitz packages and coverages. Safety Usama Young had a sack and a pass breakup and cornerback Tracy Porter stole a Manning pass and ran 43 yards for a touchdown to give the Raiders a 17-14 halftime lead. Manning's lone scoring pass, a 5-yard toss to Reuben Randle, was actually defended fairly well by Mike Jenkins.

RUSH DEFENSE: B-minus - The Giants stayed persistent enough with the run to gain 133 yards on the ground, but the going was tough, with 38 carries. Andre Brown, who played in his first game after coming off injured reserve (designated for return) because of a broken leg, rushed 30 times for 115 yards. The Giants had eight rushing first downs.

SPECIAL TEAMS: C -- One big mistake marred what could have been a top-shelf effort. With the Raiders leading 7-0, Damontre Moore charged through an unblocked middle, blocked a punt, and Cooper Taylor ran it back 21 yards for a touchdown. Taiwan Jones had a strip-fumble on the opening kickoff of Jerrell Jernigan that set up a quick touchdown for the Raiders and returned two kickoffs for a 38.5-yard average. Marquette King, other than the blocked punt, averaged 51.7 yards per punt.

COACHING: C-minus -- The Raiders ran the ball well against New York but didn't stick with it enough considering Pryor's relative limited mobility. A 74-yard drive ended up with just a 24-yard field goal in part because instead of running the ball on second-and-goal at the 1, the Raiders called a pass, with Pryor throwing incomplete on play-action when the Giants didn't bite. Even with McFadden out, the Raiders continue to ignore fullback Marcel Reece in the running game. The defensive game plan and execution was good enough to win.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Pryor, Veldheer, Pashos, Gurode, back at practice today. No McFadden or Hayden.
:ld:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
McFadden and Hayden :camby:

:whoa:

Lets throw this nikka at WR and see what happens. Sign him back for the low and just expect no more than 8 games played from him a season. If he plays beyond that add some incentives in his deal. Hayden though :trash:

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lets throw this nikka at WR and see what happens. Sign him back for the low and just expect no more than 8 games played from him a season. If he plays beyond that add some incentives in his deal. Hayden though :trash:
I doubt he even wants to re-sign. I think this is a situation where both just need to separate.

Daps
Reppin
Heed Breed.

Stop with the Mcfadden at WR talk.

He is 6'1.
Is there any proof this man has hops, enough footwork , and speed to outclass a true WR?

I understand you want to get something from Mcfadden. We missed that train at the trade deadline.

I understand he didnt have a healthy line to back him up this year but it is what it is.
And i truly believe he brings a massive negative vibe around the raiders( for never paying off ) , when that happens you got to get rid of the negative vibe. out of sight out of mind , more positive outlook. Kind of like cutting Flynn on a extreme level example.

As of right now How important yall think RB's are ? It seems like the SB winning teams weren't too reliant on RB's.Like when is the last time a Top RB won the SB? This is a random thought with no research involved.

Daps
Reppin
Heed Breed.
Stop with the Mcfadden at WR talk.

He is 6'1.
Is there any proof this man has hops, enough footwork , and speed to outclass a true WR?

I understand you want to get something from Mcfadden. We missed that train at the trade deadline.

I understand he didnt have a healthy line to back him up this year but it is what it is.
And i truly believe he brings a massive negative vibe around the raiders( for never paying off ) , when that happens you got to get rid of the negative vibe. out of sight out of mind , more positive outlook. Kind of like cutting Flynn on a extreme level example.

As of right now How important yall think RB's are ? It seems like the SB winning teams weren't too reliant on RB's.Like when is the last time a Top RB won the SB? This is a random thought with no research involved.

2005: Shaun Alexander for the Seahawks

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So Mcgloin is going to start for sure? How's he look?

How are you guys feeling about this game? Our special teams are terrible and will definitely leave points on the field. There's a very good chance y'all can change the game with a big special teams play or two. Keenum has been good in his first 3 starts but in each game he's had a couple near interceptions. You could say that he's due for a couple picks so you never know if this is the game. We're also incredibly pathetic in the second halves of games. I think this is going to be a close game and with that said we'll probably find a way to blow it. I think you guys get the win...unless Mcgloin is awful.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
So Mcgloin is going to start for sure? How's he look?

How are you guys feeling about this game? Our special teams are terrible and will definitely leave points on the field. There's a very good chance y'all can change the game with a big special teams play or two. Keenum has been good in his first 3 starts but in each game he's had a couple near interceptions. You could say that he's due for a couple picks so you never know if this is the game. We're also incredibly pathetic in the second halves of games. I think this is going to be a close game and with that said we'll probably find a way to blow it. I think you guys get the win...unless Mcgloin is awful.

Keeping my expectations low. That Texans defense is pretty solid. Big test for McGloin.​