The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I know our OL is trash but Pryor isn't making any progress. Balls batted down, staring down receivers, holding the ball too long, running to the sidelines on every broken play, etc.. He's been making some nice sound bites in the media during the week but I'm losing faith in dude. I'd like to see what McGowen can do honestly

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
26rE4r2.png

:gag:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I know y'all have mentioned it before, but Pryor seems to have really regressed :snoop:

I still have faith in him, but lets be real.....Pryor is the '01 version of Micheal Vick where he had tremendous raw talent, but can't make reads, adjustments, makes careless throws, runs for dear life and holds on to the football longer than you should.

It took Mike almost the back end of his career before he started learn how to be a real QB. I just hope it doesn't take as long, but our OC has killed the kid's progression putting him in tough positions of having to throw on downs, where we should run the ball to settle him down.

What frustrates me is that Pryor doesn't get chances to test his arm and throw it deep. These rink n dink plays are too common. Throw it deep and let Moore do his thing

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
How can he improve with no help? He can't do it all by himself. This is just his first year as a starting QB.

I am in no way ready to give up on him, but he hasn't really progressed like I hoped. Yes some of that is what around him, but he continues to not step up in the pocket, always roll to his right and throw ducks out there. I think I may have gotten a little to hyped after his first couple games, I still want the Raiders to build around him. But its clear we may be a year or two away

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I still have faith in him, but lets be real.....Pryor is the '01 version of Micheal Vick where he had tremendous raw talent, but can't make reads, adjustments, makes careless throws, runs for dear life and holds on to the football longer than you should.

It took Mike almost the back end of his career before he started learn how to be a real QB. I just hope it doesn't take as long, but our OC has killed the kid's progression putting him in tough positions of having to throw on downs, where we should run the ball to settle him down.

What frustrates me is that Pryor doesn't get chances to test his arm and throw it deep. These rink n dink plays are too common. Throw it deep and let Moore do his thing

Yes the OC is killing me, no deep balls, limited screens, no touches for Reece :snoop:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Has Pryor regressed? Or have teams gotten up for him? Consider that this is basically a rookie out there with no line or real playmaking receivers to speak of. This is why I was arguing for dude to sit out this year, he still has work to do but to be real all the talkin he also drew a lot of unneeded attention since other teams realized he wasn't bullshyttin regardless of skill level. Having the desire to do so is good to see but soundbytes don't substitute for true sincerity, which is shown in action. If we see the same thing next season then he isn't the answer. But its not as if this is a stellar squad to begin with. Lets fix the line, get this guy a receiver or two, maybe a running game that can actually be respected. Then we can really be worried if things are still looking shaky with Pryor. As far as I'm concerned, every snap he's taking is just film for him to watch this offseason so he can take that next step.

Lets help this defense by getting them more weapons too tho. If we get some real killaz out there we might not need to worry about offense as much with all the turnovers and destruction of opposing offenses.

Last edited:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Brehs, I want us to be like the Saints but with an elite defense to match the offense. I swear no one in that front office is creative at all. Hayden wasn't the move, we shoulda been building the trenches on both sides first, then this year get playmakers for the offense and defense so that by next season we got a more balanced squad ready to fukk shyt up. I still hope the coaches consider the McFadden conversion to receiver but I doubt it. :no: