The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Lakes
So i just finish watching the cut short version on Directv of the game and the first Half was :blessed:

Second half especially the fourth quarter and the play calling by both allen and olsen was horrible.

alot of those second down plays should have been play action because troy was playing at the line knowing a run was coming

secondly the fumble play where pittsburgh got back in the game was a dumb play call especially with the steelers play tight on the line on the receivers.

and special teams really need to get there shyt together..

this team better not let matt barkley look like a pro bowl player this week

aliG

Pro
Daps
does anyone recommend running Raider D for fantasy purposes? i feel like they will harass Barkley all day...

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Lakes
does anyone recommend running Raider D for fantasy purposes? i feel like they will harass Barkley all day...

nope.. I hate the fact the raiders love playing prevent so fukking much in second half games when they up.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Looking at the schedule, we have a chance to put together a nice little run.

If you break down our season, we've lost to the Colts, Broncos, Chiefs and an albatross in that Redskins game. So really 3 good to great teams.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nope.. I hate the fact the raiders love playing prevent so fukking much in second half games when they up.
I don't think I saw any prevent against the Steelers, although with the offense so :flabbynsick: in the 2nd half I guess they really couldn't.

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Lakes
Looking at the schedule, we have a chance to put together a nice little run.

If you break down our season, we've lost to the Colts, Broncos, Chiefs and an albatross in that Redskins game. So really 3 good to great teams.

Eagle game - 20 - 6 win

Giants Game in New York - ?????

Texans in texas - 16 - 14 Win

Titans - 13-10 win

Dallas on thanksgiving - loss

jets - win

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Eagle game - 20 - 6 win

Giants Game in New York - ?????

Texans in texas - 16 - 14 Win

Titans - 13-10 win

Dallas on thanksgiving - loss

jets - win

If were a legit team we get 4 or 5 of the next 6, but I think we all know to never take anything for granted. But the opportunity is certainly there for the team to show what they got

Daps
Reppin
Heed Breed.
there offense can put up points

be honest.. our offense isn't up there to score with dallas regardless if the defense plays good.. dallas d-line against our o-line.. no way

There offense is not that great . They lost to SD , they lost to DET with 4 takeaways, barley beat NYG with 6 takeaways, only put up 17 against eagles . Iono im not sold on this. plus there running game is hurt. And its Romo we talking about.

I agree our O is trash right now, but we are going to get Watson nd Veldheer back by then. & a good 4 games of growth for Pryor .

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I never thought about McFadden making the move to receiver :ohhh:

At this point, they should consider it because as a running back he's extremely limited. He has break away speed, but continuously gets stopped on short gains. He doesn't break any tackles. We got rid of the zone blocking scheme which was terrible for him, but with Knapp gone and Olsen in....nothing's working. I know the O-line aint been the best, but DMC should be averaging more than just 3.7 yards per carry.

This also makes me think how un-utilized he's actually been. The way Arkansas used him back in college? :ooh: they had him doing it all. He could've been our Reggie Bush/Darren Sproles but more physical. He's at his best in the open field and we could've had that nikka running kick and punt returns. McFadden just not cut out to be an every down RB.

But I know they won't do it:to:

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
BXxtnlsCUAAeK8Q.jpg:large

:krs:

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Lakes
NFL trade rumors: Should Oakland trade Darren McFadden?

With the NFL trade deadline approaching, fans are wondering who the Oakland Raiders will acquire… And who they’ll let go.

A major topic of interest revolves around running back, Darren McFadden, who is among many players that are potential trade targets. When I heard McFadden might be released from the Raiders, I felt a pang of sadness. The Raiders have been attempting a comeback this year, and McFadden has no doubt contributed to their improvements.

What running backs could take his place if Oakland went through with the trade? I feel it’s best to keep the running back who has helped lead them to a highly improved season.

Why are the Raiders even debating trading such a star player? The Dallas Cowboys are interested in acquiring the young running back this year, and the Raiders could gain something in return for the trade.

There is always a chance McFadden won’t re-sign with the Raiders next year as a free agent, in which case Oakland would lose him and get nothing in return. So why wouldn’t the Raiders cash in on him before that happens? It makes sense for the Raiders to trade McFadden for that reason, but I still think they should keep him. He is their last chance if they have any hope of reaching the playoffs, and he’s already shown his capability of creating a healthy offensive line for the Raiders.

To me, the biggest issue for the Raiders is their defense. Quarterback Terrelle Pryor has no trouble moving the ball around the field, but the team’s defense is sometimes unable to stop the opposing offense.

Who should the Raiders be interested in acquiring for their defense and why? One possible trade could involve Jared Allen, defensive end for the Minnesota Vikings.

Allen has been one of the NFL’s top pass-rushers since his somewhat anonymous entrance to the NFL with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2004. Allen had a nine-sack attack as a rookie and has continued to improve.

So why would the Vikings consider trading him? For the same reason Oakland is debating trading Darren McFadden – he will be a free agent next year and could likely leave the Vikings on his own, which is incentive enough for Minnesota to trade him now.

Follow isportsweb on twitter

Other trade options include Maurice Jones-Drew of the Jacksonville Jaguars and Fred Davis of the Washington Redskins, but neither would be as beneficial as Allen. The Raiders should snag him while they can to help strengthen their defense. Of course, Allen is a big star with a pretty high price tag, and it may not be feasible that the Raiders can acquire him.

That being said, the biggest surprise will be whether the Raiders decide to trade Darren McFadden, and I can only hope we see him playing this weekend when Oakland takes on the Philadelphia Eagles.