The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
fukk Denver
nothing would make me happier if they could knock Manning out of the game next week and march out of Mile high with his helmet strapped to the top of the team flag.:lawd:

wishful thinking... but I can always dream

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The Raiders’ good feeling about beating the Jaguars came with a big downside, as safety Tyvon Branch suffered what coach Dennis Allen called a “significant” ankle injury during the game.
“We’ll know more tomorrow,” Allen said last night, via Scott Bair of CSNBayArea.com.
Branch left the game in the first quarter, and had to be helped off the field.
“I talked to him at the half, and it’s tough because Tyvon is a great player,” backup safety Usama Young said. “You never want to see one of your own go down. He’s been playing at a high level for a while. We’ll talk to him tonight. Hopefully it’s not too, too bad.”
Losing the former franchise-tagged safety will force the Raiders to use Young or Brandian Ross there next to Charles Woodson.
:snoop: Injury bug killing us. Usama been nice, but shouldn't really be a full time starter imo.
There were fewer highlights, but a better result.
And being willing to accept that represents a huge step for Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor.
After he ran wild against the Colts in the opener, the Jaguars were playing to keep him in the pocket and make him throw. So Pryor avoided mistakes, handed it to Darren McFadden often and left with his first win as a starter.
Everything we do with Terrelle is a growing process,” Raiders coach Dennis Allen said, via Scott Bair of CSNBayArea.com. “That’s what you deal with having young players. He also plays a position where there’s a lot of learning involved. Every play, every game is a learning experience.
“There were some good things he did in the game. There were some things we have to work on, but that’s part of football. We’ll keep working and he’ll keep getting better.”
The biggest statistical leap was going from two turnovers to none, and even though there weren’t the same amount of opportunities for big plays, he also failed to screw things up. He completed 15-of-24 passes for 126 yards and ran for 50 more (after throwing for 217 and running for 112 in a loss to the Colts)
“I feel like I did my job with the plays that were called in,” Pryor said. “I did my job and we got a ‘W.’ I’m very happy about it. . . .
“There weren’t a lot of opportunities to throw the ball today. The defense was playing well and we were running strong, so we didn’t need to throw much. We had a lead and the coaches wanted to keep grinding with the run. We did what we had to do to win.”
It wasn’t much to look at, and it was against the Jaguars. But for a team with its own issues finding an identity and a quarterback, Pryor showed progress toward both.
:beli: Can't have T-Gawd be a game manager on Monday, he has to take chances and risks like he did against the Colts. The Broncos D is good, but I think we have to try to kill them with the Reid option, along with trying to have an advantage in time management of the game. :yeshrug: Give me an ugly W over a heartbreaking loss, even though T-Gawd was phenomenal.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
:snoop: Injury bug killing us. Usama been nice, but shouldn't really be a full time starter imo.

:beli: Can't have T-Gawd be a game manager on Monday, he has to take chances and risks like he did against the Colts. The Broncos D is good, but I think we have to try to kill them with the Reid option, along with trying to have an advantage in time management of the game. :yeshrug: Give me an ugly W over a heartbreaking loss, even though T-Gawd was phenomenal.
We have to run the ball and control the clock. We're not beating Denver in a shootout. We gotta try to pound them and keep Manning off the field, and pressure him up the middle when he is.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Source: Tyvon Branch out indefinitely
Oakland Raiders strong safety Tyvon Branch is out indefinitely with what is believed to be a fractured fibula, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Branch suffered the injury in the first quarter of Sunday's 19-9 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
"That looks to be a significant injury," Raiders coach Dennis Allen said after the game. "We'll find out more later."
Branch was injured while rushing Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne on a third-and-7 play.
Usama Young and Brandian Ross replaced Branch, whose locker was cleaned out before reporters entered after the game.
"I just saw him in the trainer's room, all iced up," Young said of Branch. "I just told him to stay up."
Branch is one of just two returning starters on defense for the Raiders, along with defensive end Lamarr Houston.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Source: Tyvon Branch out indefinitely
Oakland Raiders strong safety Tyvon Branch is out indefinitely with what is believed to be a fractured fibula, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Branch suffered the injury in the first quarter of Sunday's 19-9 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
"That looks to be a significant injury," Raiders coach Dennis Allen said after the game. "We'll find out more later."
Branch was injured while rushing Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne on a third-and-7 play.
Usama Young and Brandian Ross replaced Branch, whose locker was cleaned out before reporters entered after the game.
"I just saw him in the trainer's room, all iced up," Young said of Branch. "I just told him to stay up."
Branch is one of just two returning starters on defense for the Raiders, along with defensive end Lamarr Houston.

fukk :wow:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
charleswoodsonleap.gif

I miss Woodson in green and gold. Damn.